Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Of The Hulks

Go down 
+11
Bluenose
Franko
CleverCatchPhrase
Hydell
Chobo
Stoney
JayMoore
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Mikenuge
Orc
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Battle Of The Hulks Empty
PostSubject: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am

ERIC BANA (Hulk - 2003)
Battle Of The Hulks Eric-Bana-Hulk

EDWARD NORTON (The Incredible Hulk - 2008)
Battle Of The Hulks 425.EdNorton.IncredibleHulk.0710

MARK RUFFALO (Avengers: Assemble - 2012)
Battle Of The Hulks 76495714705

Which is the best?

To me the best Hulk is Eric Bana, who had the most emotion as Bruce Banner, which managed to transfer into Hulk's character too (even though it was apparently Ang Lee who did the Hulk parts with motion capture). He played a very serious role.

Edward Norton was my least favourite. He was by no means bad but he was the most one-dimensional of the three (and the hulk parts were all computer animated!!)

Mark Ruffalo is the second best I believe. He has a sarcastic nature as Banner and as Hulk he becomes this brutish but entertaining and somewhat adorable thing. He really stole the scene in Avengers.

Last edited by Lykos on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 am

tbh it's hard to decided between Norton and Ruffalo both were good although Norton was a little boring and way to serious but Ruffalo had a little more humour which was nice

but in the Avengers they made the Hulk out to be so BADASS... he owns the movie I just couldn't wait to see the hulk fucking epic sauce
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Battle Of The Hulks R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 am

The Avengers hasn't been released here in the US yet, so I can't really judge on Mark Rufflo's Hulk. But I heard lots of good things about his Hulk. What will say is that Edward Norton was a perfect banner. But from the look of Ruffalo, he plays a better Hulk though. As for Eric Bana, he was OKAY, but I didn't like how his Hulk kept growing.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Battle Of The Hulks XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:35 pm

I can't comment on Mark Ruffalo but Edward Norton's Bruce Banner is almost on par with Robert Downey, Jr.'s Tony Stark.

Eric Bana's Bruce Banner was boring and soulless, which is part of what made the film so boring and soulless.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Battle Of The Hulks R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Lets not forget that Mark Ruffalo is the only actor out of the three to actually play the Hulk himself.

Battle Of The Hulks 17v310
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Eric Bana's Bruce Banner was boring and soulless, which is part of what made the film so boring and soulless.

Call yousrelf teh cinema jack? You can't even observe the most blatantly obvious cinematic/dramatic features.

Btw lol
He has sooo much soul!!! So interesting too!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-mX3WtYt4YhbmYt/hulk_2003_meeting_betwin_father_and_son_part_3/?noFBRedirect=1 and this is sooo rubbish. I mean what lame acting...
Back to top Go down
JayMoore
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
JayMoore

Stature : 18
London

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Edward Norton's portrayal of The Hulk is almost on par with RDJR's Iron Man? I highly disagree with that statement. Downey Jr was funny, charismatic, and a complete joy to watch in all three films in which he portrayed Iron Man. I can't even think of one scene in which I felt for Norton's Hulk at all. Bana, was highly conflicted and emotionally torn throughout the 2003 version, and that scene between him and Nolte, which Lykos just posted, is better than any action set piece or slice of "so called greatness" that Norton exhibits within the 2008 version.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Fair enough, that clip of HULK wasn't boring and soulless … just laughably bad. Seriously I was lol'ing at how shitty the acting was.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:31 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Fair enough, that clip of HULK wasn't boring and soulless … just laughably bad. Seriously I was lol'ing at how shitty the acting was.

I'm lol'ing at how shitty this post is.
Please explain what makes it shitty. Give examples.
I'll be waiting.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm

JayMoore wrote:
Edward Norton's portrayal of The Hulk is almost on par with RDJR's Iron Man? I highly disagree with that statement. Downey Jr was funny, charismatic, and a complete joy to watch in all three films in which he portrayed Iron Man. I can't even think of one scene in which I felt for Norton's Hulk at all. Bana, was highly conflicted and emotionally torn throughout the 2003 version, and that scene between him and Nolte, which Lykos just posted, is better than any action set piece or slice of "so called greatness" that Norton exhibits within the 2008 version.

Aren't you a friend of Lyko's in the real? .....
Back to top Go down
JayMoore
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
JayMoore

London

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:33 pm

....I second that. Give precise examples and in depth analysis on how bad it is.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:33 pm

@Stoney
Oui he is.
We both study the film course at University and both share love for the original Hulk film.
Back to top Go down
JayMoore
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
JayMoore

London

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Yes, Lykos, and I, are friends in real life.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Nolte's performance in that scene is so over-the-top, it sounds like his alcoholic rambling. And then Bana shaking his head … oh lord, they both lacked an incredible amount of subtlety in their performances.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Nolte's performance is excellent. He's a somewhat "eccentric", crazed person. That's already established. I mean the fact that he was going to kill his own son and ended up killing his wife shows that he's not gonna be mentally sound.

Bana shaking his head? Mate he's trying to not turn into Hulk. On top of that he's attempting to bottle up his anger he holds for his father who has killed his mother, turned him into a beast, used him as a guinea pig then abandoned him as a child, tried to kill Betty and put him in this predicament to start with.
You've never learnt this much had to deal with such resentment while right in the eyes of the man who does it all. How can you criticize his acting when that is probably what anyone in the same position would be like. I praise Bana for being so capable at truly focusing his talent into performing in such a way.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Battle Of The Hulks 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Neither Bana or Norton were very good in my opinion. Hopefully, Ruffalo will be a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Chobo wrote:
Neither Bana or Norton were very good in my opinion. Hopefully, Ruffalo will be a bit better.

Maan you don't have to like Bana's style but ya have to admit he really put some effort into his performance.

I think you'll like Ruffalo. He's got style I love you Fucking love his Hulk.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Lykos wrote:
Nolte's performance is excellent. He's a somewhat "eccentric", crazed person. That's already established. I mean the fact that he was going to kill his own son and ended up killing his wife shows that he's not gonna be mentally sound.

Bana shaking his head? Mate he's trying to not turn into Hulk. On top of that he's attempting to bottle up his anger he holds for his father who has killed his mother, turned him into a beast, used him as a guinea pig then abandoned him as a child, tried to kill Betty and put him in this predicament to start with.
You've never learnt this much had to deal with such resentment while right in the eyes of the man who does it all. How can you criticize his acting when that is probably what anyone in the same position would be like. I praise Bana for being so capable at truly focusing his talent into performing in such a way.
"Eccentric" is an understatement. He's acting like a flat-out psycho and it's funny to watch because he does such a piss-poor job with making the character seem real. And I know what Bana was doing, I get the severity of the situation, but Bana just looks so fake doing it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 pm

How many times haven't we gone through this Hulk bullshit already...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Toxic, just because mommy and daddy are fighting doesn't mean we don't love each other.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Norton FTW. Best one there without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:15 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Toxic, just because mommy and daddy are fighting doesn't mean we don't love each other.

True.
But I want a divorce, bitch.
*smack*
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:57 pm

NONE OF THE ABOVE. Lou Ferrigno is and always will be the best hulk.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Battle Of The Hulks 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 pm

CleverCatchPhrase wrote:
NONE OF THE ABOVE. Lou Ferrigno is and always will be the best hulk.

He actually was the voice of the hulk in Incredible hulk and Avengers.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:42 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Lykos wrote:

"Eccentric" is an understatement. He's acting like a flat-out psycho and it's funny to watch because he does such a piss-poor job with making the character seem real. And I know what Bana was doing, I get the severity of the situation, but Bana just looks so fake doing it.

I used the wrong term but you got the idea, he is a psycho in a sense. I mean what kind of guy sends some modified mutant dogs to kill his son's friend?
Piss-poor job? Mate you need to play less games and see more real people. Real people act exactly the way these two actors did in that sequence, when in the same situations.
They are over-the-top to a certain extent but that is because they are pushed over the edge.

What about it looked fake? Do you see that kind of thing happening a lot?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Hulks   Battle Of The Hulks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Of The Hulks
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next