Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Battle of the Ant-Men

Go down 
+2
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
6 posters

Who is your favorite Ant-Man?
 Dr. Henry 'Hank' Pym
 Scott Lang
 Eric O'Grady
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Battle of the Ant-Men R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Battle of the Ant-Men Empty
PostSubject: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:15 am

The Battle of the Ant-Men Ageofu10

The Battle of the Ant-Men 10e2fb10

The Battle of the Ant-Men Ant-ma11
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Battle of the Ant-Men XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 am

I voted for Scott Lang because Mecha likes Hank Pym the most.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Battle of the Ant-Men ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:16 am

There's no debate here. Hank Pym, even though he's a moron.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:31 am

"Even though" sounds like there's a debate here.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:40 pm

I have nothing against Scott Lang at all. In fact, he's more likeable than Hank Pym. It's just Hank Pym seems like the most logical choice to join The Avengers, for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Neither of them. Ant-Man sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:16 pm

HA! I knew Edgar Wright was going to pick Hank Pym. Suck on that, Jack!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:44 pm

I don't see anything that confirms that he'll be playing Hank Pym, just that he'll be Ant-Man. Besides, I never said the film wouldn't have Hank. I said that the information we had suggested that the film would be using both Hank and Scott and that if Hank was the older Ant-Man of the 1960s, then he wouldn't be the one to join the Avengers.

We've had this conversation at least three times. The Battle of the Ant-Men 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Nope. It's already been reported that he'll play Hank Pym. Plus it's pretty obvious that Hank Pym will be the main character, and not Scott Lang. So all those rumors about Pym in the 60s was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:03 am

If Hank is the main character, that doesn't mean that Scott won't be in the film and it doesn't mean that Hank won't be Ant-Man in the 1960s. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that the conclusions you're jumping to aren't supported by any evidence.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:15 am

I never said Scott Lang wasn't going to be in it. You're telling me I lack of evidence, yet you believe Hank Pym is from the 1960s, which is just a RUMOR. A rumor that came out before the script was rewritten. Hank Pym doesn't belong in the 1960s, he belongs with The Avengers.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:18 am

It wasn't a rumor.

"In March 2008, Wright told Empire magazine that a second draft of the script was being written. Known for being a comedic writer, the director noted that the film would not be overtly comedic, but that it would be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element,"[3] and that it would not be a spoof. He confirmed that the film portrays both Henry Pym, as the original 1960s character from "Tales to Astonish", and Scott Lang as his 1980s/1990s successor in the Ant-Man role."

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Ant-Man_%28film%29#Production_History
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:24 am

LOL! They meant Hank Pym was Ant-Man in the 1960s COMICS, while Scott Lang's arc was during the 1980s. They weren't talking about the film itself. These characters still live in the same time period. You really dun goofed.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:49 am

Yes but it said they would both be in the Ant-Man role. So who goofed? Maybe me. Maybe you. It's not important right now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:51 am

When did I ever said Scott Lang wasn't going to be in the film? You keep taking things out of complete context. The Battle of the Ant-Men 725796345
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 am

Eh you got me there. But I still maintain that I never made any definitive statements about Ant-Man, specifically to avoid you in your "Suck it, Jack!" mode. The Battle of the Ant-Men 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Battle of the Ant-Men TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:41 pm

fuck off mecha u stupid cunt jack is right
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:50 pm

The Battle of the Ant-Men 0610
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Battle of the Ant-Men PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Looking back at this thread shows the fail on Mecha's part. The Battle of the Ant-Men 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Not really. If Jack was right about Hank Pym being from the 1960s, then that would mean that the Ant-Man movie is set in the 1980s. Therefore, Scott Lang can't join The Avengers. So coincidentally, Jack's goof turn out to be probably half right :/
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Jack never said the film will be set in the 1980's. He said Scott would take the mantle in the 1980's/90's. They can easily show Hank in the 1960's, then Scott Lang getting the suit in the 1980's/90's, and have the rest of the film be with a 40 year old Scott lang in the suit in the year 2015 (?).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Math isn't your best subject is it? If Scott Lang were to steal Hank Pym's suit in the 1980s, then Scott would have to be in his late 50s or 60 even by the year 2015. Jack may not have said the film will be set in the 1980s, but the same source that said Hank Pym will be from the 1960s also said Scott Lang is from the 1980s. So yeah, if Jack is going with that source then I expect him to fully stick to it. Otherwise, he would be flip-flopping.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Shit, I was counting wrong. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:51 am

I don't recall reading anything about Scott Lang existing in the 1980s.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:00 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
It wasn't a rumor.

"In March 2008, Wright told Empire magazine that a second draft of the script was being written. Known for being a comedic writer, the director noted that the film would not be overtly comedic, but that it would be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element,"[3] and that it would not be a spoof. He confirmed that the film portrays both Henry Pym, as the original 1960s character from "Tales to Astonish", and Scott Lang as his 1980s/1990s successor in the Ant-Man role."

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Ant-Man_%28film%29#Production_History
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of the Ant-Men   The Battle of the Ant-Men I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Battle of the Ant-Men
Page 1 of 1