Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking

Go down 
+4
Chobo
Mecha
Stoney
The Enkindler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking Crapcom
Quote :
Capcom has spoken out on the now infamous affair involving those locked DLC characters on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Street Fighter X Tekken. The producer for the game has spoken of his disappointment after seeing the characters unlocked by hacking on the Xbox 360 version of the game.

For those of you that still aren’t aware what happened – here’s a brief recap. The game shipped with 12 locked characters on console that Capcom originally planned to make exclusive to the PS Vita version of the game. After Xbox 360 users hacked the game and unlocked the characters, Capcom has now come clean and announced that PS3 and 360 owners will have to pay $20 to play with the characters when they release officially later this year.

A lot of people are not too happy with Capcom for locking away content on the disc that they paid full price for as you can imagine, and now producer Tomoaki Ayano has revealed that he is ‘pretty disappointed’ that Xbox 360 players have found a way to hack the game, even using these locked characters in online ranked matches against legit Xbox 360 players as a further kick in the teeth.

Ayano has spoke about this in an interview with GameSpot, saying that he was also a bit ‘surprised’ at the level of skill that these hackers have in being able to unlock the characters in this way. Disappointment is the key word mentioned several times by the man though, but would you argue that the company brought it on themselves?

If they didn’t lock the content away in the first place, there would have been nothing to hack. We suppose they may have felt that they needed to adopt a different DLC strategy after fans didn’t particularly like the various ‘ultimate’ editions of games that they keep bringing out.

Capcom are disappointed that their game has been hacked, but are you disappointed that the company are not treating their customers with respect? You can bet that they won’t be pulling similar stunts with future games from now on – or will they?
http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/04/20/capcom-disappointed-over-street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-hacking/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Beautiful.

This is when hacking is just. The cheek of capcom to charge $20 for characters already on the disc.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Disappointed for unlocking characters we already pay for? Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Serves you right Capcom. Next time either keep them off of the disk if you want them for DLC, or if you put them on our disk, make them available. It's bullshit that we have to pay for stuff on our disk.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Disappointed? I can see how they would be. But if they're shocked, then that is disappointing in and of itself …
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:33 am

I am disappointed in capcoms disappointment in this disappointing episode of this disappointing game.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am

Quote :
Ayano has spoke about this in an interview with GameSpot, saying that he was also a bit ‘surprised’ at the level of skill that these hackers have in being able to unlock the characters in this way.

It wouldn't matter if your 'DLC' was actually what the name says...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Justice :freddie:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Well, this stuff is going to happen when you charge bullshit DLC for characters that are already on the fucking disc. Screw you Capcom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 11:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking   Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capcom disappointed over Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacking
Page 1 of 1