Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?

Go down 
+3
2Sugoi2Die
BioDemon
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:27 am

I'm going to deeply regret posting this...

Quote :
It's a sensitive question, especially considering the fact that hardcore Metal Gear Solidfans would've much rather seen MGS5 unveiled.

And although Hideo Kojima has specifically stated that the newly renamed Revengeanceis a spin-off and nottechnically part of the core Metal Gear Solidfranchise, those fans remain a tad bitter. They just seem automatically biased against the new project, which started its life at Kojima Productions and will finish the development cycle at Bayonettaand Vanquishdeveloper Platinum Games.

But you know, as much as I don't like the idea of spin-offs, as much as I don't like popular franchises resulting in sub-par titles that simply use the franchise name for popularity purposes, I still think we we should give Risinga chance. I'm going strictly by the accomplishments and reputations of everyone involved in this project. My opinion has nothing to do with what I've seen in those action trailers. But when you've got the Kojima team doing the story and characters, and one of the better action-oriented studios handling the gameplay, I think we're looking at something better than a standard spin-off.

I mean, we all have negative associations for the term "spin-off." People immediately think of the word "milking" and assume there's little chance the project will be as good as the classic titles in the original series. And they have good reason for that assumption. It's perfectly sensible. However, in this particular case, if you put all the creators under the microscope, you have to wonder how this can possiblyfail. And besides, since when does Kojima put his name anywhere nearsub-par products?

Spin-offs probably shouldn't be encouraged, if only for the sake of quality and innovation. Still, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeancemight be one of those great exceptions to the rule.

Source: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10404.html
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:38 am

Inb4 6 pages of "debating".

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:46 am

To me
Kojima Productions + Platinum Games = D!CK ROCK HARD!

Maybe they might give Raiden some pole dancing moves and have Fly Me To The Moon as the fighting music.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:15 am

Kojima and PG. And people are still bitching. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 am

I love how these articles act as if they are speaking on behalf of all MGS, saying how we are "bitter", to be honest I'm a little worried about Metal Gear Solid 5, what more is there to tell? Snake's story is over and I'll be pissed if they retcon the ending of MGS 4 just give Snake "One more mission", where can they take it? The Patriots have been destroyed, Big Boss's story has being told, I hope they have an actual script and aren't making to cash in.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:34 am

ah yes. More debating about one fucking game that isn't even released yet.

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? 3128676713
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:30 pm

What's so bad about a spin-off? Not all spin-offs are the product of milking. You can make a spin-off to tell a new story, like Halo: Reach and Halo Wars.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Sometimes spin offs turn out better then the main series. Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? 725796345

Anyone else liked Crash Team Racing better then the actual Crash games?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Teckno wrote:
Sometimes spin offs turn out better then the main series. Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? 725796345

Anyone else liked Crash Team Racing better then the actual Crash games?
Crash team racing. :megusta:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 pm

@TRF

Halo: Reach isn't a spin off. It's a prequel.

@Teckno

STFU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?   Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Rising: An Ill-Advised Spin-Off or Something Better?
Page 1 of 1