Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema Empty
PostSubject: Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema   Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Quote :
Event cinema has experienced double-digit annual growth in Europe and the market should reach $1 billion in annual revenue by 2019, the report said.

“There is still much growth to come in this sector from its current level to our forecasted $1 billion by 2019,”

Event Cinema is the most likely evolution from Multiplexes so far. They're essentially large theaters that have live and recorded content screened in the theaters, so things like Live concerts and Theatricals shows being screened in a large auditorium for an audience.

Event Cinema is most successful with older audiences who have stopped going since the early-1980s. It's reported that they make up the largest audience share of this new "Event Cinema" with pushing extreme revenues for Opera, Theatre, etc. screenings. The plan is to include video gaming and sports in Event Cinemas for people to play and watch on the big-screen when movies are not playing.

https://celluloidjunkie.com/2014/09/13/cjibc-event-cinema-more-than-just-tv-on-the-big-screen/

Quote :
Event cinema grew by 200% from 2012 to 2013 

“Even though Doctor Who: Deep Breath was not in 3D and also available for free the same time on television, audiences told us that they watched it in cinema for the shared experience.”

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema UK-Event-Cinema-201_395

Quote :
Key challenges and opportunities are to provide access to audiences of all ages, as a way of atracting older audiences back to cinemas, not just for event cinema but then also for films
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema   Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Sounds awesome! Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema   Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:37 pm

I'd love to play some Rocket League on the big-screen! 

Even stuff like Uncharted would be awesome! :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema   Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 8:05 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Imagine playing Slander Man. You'll literally shit your pants.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema   Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Imagine playing Slander Man. You'll literally shit your pants.

Or playing God of War in an Event Cinema. 0.o
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema   Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 7:16 am

May the fourth be with you star wars!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema   Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Cinema expected to gross $1bn by 2019, biggest growth in cinema
Page 1 of 1