Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! Empty
PostSubject: Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema!   Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 4:38 am

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! DV-Stage-e1442254033222

Quote :
The production format was perhaps most akin to live television: Actors performed onstage for an audience while a crew, orchestrated by the director himself, captured the proceedings on 22 cameras. Each shot was painstakingly crafted as one would on a regular film set—hence a certain cinematic effect—in a carefully designed sequence, spanning the narrative’s 52 minutes. Coppola intended this summer’s production as a kind of proof-of-concept for an expanded rendition he is currently working on

“We have been looking at recorded art now for 200 years,” said Coppola, during a lecture to his team of professionals and students from OCCC (where his longtime producer Gray Frederickson is an artist-in-residence). “From the photograph, to the Victrola, to the motion picture, to television; we’re basically looking at canned art. The public is watching sports and going to rock concerts, so there must be a yearning to break that cycle of the canned.”

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! MM_soundstage_photo_6-js-e1442254816422

Quote :
"Ultimately, this experiment at OCCC was an attempt for me to try 'Live Cinema.' We started out with these scenes, and as we began to progress, I typically, as what happened with 'Apocalypse Now,' I overreach," Coppola said at an on-campus press conference attended by several of the students and faculty who worked on the project. "Reach higher than you can do, and then that moment when you may fail is where you achieve the sublime. And that's what we did in this little workshop."

"What we attempted at OCCC these last three weeks, you couldn't do three years ago because the cameras [digital] didn't quite exist, the lights didn't quite exist. The technology of television has so rapidly advanced due to sports, due to the big football games and the World Cup."

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! R620-f2196644a92e01814b074333a4dcebb5

This sounds awesome! 

I'd love to experience it for myself.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema!   Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 9:26 am

As long as it doesn't suck like Jack.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema!   Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Mecha wrote:
As long as it doesn't suck like Jack.

Why are you referring to yourself in third-person?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema!   Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Francis Ford Coppola Developing LIVE Cinema!
Page 1 of 1