Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 12:13 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Well, I don't know about laser projectors, but one of my local AMC theaters is getting the "Prime" upgrade.

Look out for "Dolby Cinema" in AMC's new Prime, then. It's a collaboration between AMC and DOLBY.

It's essentially laser projection, HDR screens (that are like the difference between HD and SD), Dolby Atmos sound and fully reclinable chairs in a more fancy and "kingdom-like" theater.

Here you go:

[photo]

and 

[photo]

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/games/tomorrowland/san-andreas/Disney/Warner_Bros./Dolby_Vision/Dolby_Atmos/dolby-cinema/i-feel-prime-how-amc-is-bringing-dolbys-vision-to-a-theater-near-you/23255

Yeah, I know what they look like. I just didn't know the technical stuff. Looks like I'll be seeing Star Wars, BvS, CW, etc. in both IMAX and Prime. DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 725796345

I'll be seeing Star Wars first. DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 725796345
What? DSP2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Quote :
There’s been plenty of talk at this week’s CinemaCon about the potential of bright laser projection, and for Imax, it's part of a dazzling new Imax theatrical system aimed at eventually replacing its 15/70mm film footprint.

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 Richard_gelfond

Quote :
"The good news is that in some cases it responds better than film, he continued: [While they’re different mediums] we’re trying to replace film to the extent that that’s possible.”

Quote :
“Virtually everything we have will be released for laser; We are going to master our films [separately for] laser," he added. That includes upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron and Tomorrowland.

In additional to studio releases, Imax plans to use the added creative palette of its laser-based system for additional titles, including a space-related film that it’s working on with Disney for a 2016 release.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Meh. I don't care anymore about this whole digital vs. film thing. I mean, I will always love film. But movies now look different than they did 10 years ago, so it doesn't matter if film looks better. Movies always have a certain look to them in each decade. Films in the 70s looked classier, films in the 80s looked cheaper, and now we have to move forward in order for this decade or the next to have their own identities. I still wish they stop shooting with 2K cameras and keep film optional though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Mecha wrote:
Meh. I don't care anymore about this whole digital vs. film thing. I mean, I will always love film. But movies now look different than they did 10 years ago, so it doesn't matter if film looks better. Movies always have a certain look to them in each decade. Films in the 70s looked classier, films in the 80s looked cheaper, and now we have to move forward in order for this decade or the next to have their own identities. I still wish they stop shooting with 2K cameras and keep film optional though.

I haven't cared about the debate since, well, ever. Digital and film are nothing more than a format. A bad movie in film will always be bad, and vice versa. Same thing with digital.

That said, seeing Laser projection starting to become the standard projection that is, apparently, even better than 70mm Film projection, well, I gotta geek it out!! 8)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3