Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  Empty
PostSubject: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:01 am

Quote :
Over the past decade there's been a home entertainment revolution as higher-resolution video, improved display technology, and streaming services have changed the way we watch movies and TV. The good old movie theater, however, has been a bit neglected; aside from improved sound and the frustration that is 3D, there's been no truly radical, widespread improvement since the move to digital projection. Today US theater chain AMC and Dolby are announcing a partnership that promises to change that, bringing a new kind of high-end, laser projection theatrical experience to your local multiplex 

According to Dolby, it all results in a significantly brighter and more detailed image with better contrast and dynamic range than any previous projection system — even the gold standard. "It's far beyond the dynamic range of any film system that was ever in use," Doug Darrow, Dolby's senior vice president of cinema told me during a phone briefing. "This will be something that people have never seen before."

Quote :
The chain will then begin converting additional screens into Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime venues, and expects to have 50 locations active by the end of 2018, with the number hitting 100 by 2024.

As AMC sees it, the improved picture in these new theaters will be a compelling part of that argument. "When we saw it, we were frankly blown away by what we saw," explained John McDonald, executive vice president of AMC's US and Canadian operations. "We're very hopeful that this will be a game changer for us, and for the industry."

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/9/8373533/dolby-cinema-amc-prime-movie-theater-laser-projector

Quote :
Instead, the lasers are actually beamed through the floor via a metallic tube of fiber piping fed from the basement (see the picture in the gallery below). I’m told that if I looked inside, essentially all I’d see is white light, which is claimed to be capable of delivering up to 31 foot-lamberts on a 2D screen in the right conditions (around double a standard digital or film projector). 

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/tomorrowland-dolby-vision-dolby-atmos-el-capitan-theater/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 am

Good! I hope movie theaters evolve to the point where it's no longer the same as watching a movie right at home.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:35 am

Mecha wrote:
Good! I hope movie theaters evolve to the point where it's no longer the same as watching a movie right at home.

Yeah, this is really good news! I can't wait to see more of this. Oh, and:

Quote :
"At Dolby we're spending a lot of time with the major filmmakers," says Stuart Bowling. "Certainly, unanimously, every filmmaker we're working with is completely blown away and in love with what they can actually do now."
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:50 am

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  Vx8u1Av
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Looks like Nolan was right:

Quote :
The theaters of the future will be bigger and more beautiful than ever before. They will employ expensive presentation formats that cannot be accessed or reproduced in the home (such as, ironically, film prints). 

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:20 pm

God Nolan is always right. DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Mecha wrote:
*Christ* Nolan is always right. DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  2505020059

Get it right. DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:48 pm

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  QrFaJ

Seriously though, this is great. The John Wick Movie has the Dobly Atoms sound and fucking hell does it sound fucking amazing and that's in a average home theater system.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 2:38 pm

IMAX is making their OWN IMAX Lasers for Movie Theaters!!

Quote :
I recently got an exclusive first look at the company's next-generation digital laser projectors, and I walked away from the experience wanting to see every single movie remastered and projected using the new technology.

What the company has developed for the future will change the movie theater experience for decades: the gigantic images the company is known for are now bright and sharp enough to reveal every last detail that filmmakers and cinematographers worked hard to capture. Colors are so bright and intense that they now add even more realism to computer-generated images. And contrast is so distinct that when watching footage from the International Space Station you feel as if you're actually staring into the blackness of space.

NERDGASSSSSSMMM!!! O.O
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 1:57 pm

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  IMAX%E2%80%99s-Laser-Projection-System-700x300

Quote :
Most people would agree the best theatrical movie experience is 70mm IMAX film projection. With IMAX Laser, the company’s aim was to try and replace – and hopefully even surpass – that experience. They’ve succeeded.

Earlier this month, IMAX debuted the first IMAX Laser projection system in the United States at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA. This system is 60% brighter than traditional film projection, with darker blacks and whiter whites creating a contrast that is exponentially better than 70mm IMAX projection. “You haven’t seen a movie until you’ve seen it in IMAX Laser at the TCL Chinese,” said Alwyn Hight Kusher, the president of the theater. That might be a slight overstatement, but IMAX Laser is definitely another evolutionary step in the theatrical experience.

http://www.slashfilm.com/imax-laser-projection-video/

Laser projections that are BETTER than Film? YAS!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 2:14 pm

When will it be ready again?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Mecha wrote:
When will it be ready again?

There will be 15-20 theaters with IMAX lasers, by the end of this year, along with 50 laser projections in AMC theaters by 2018.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Hope my city gets it. :-(
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 am

FUCK YASSSS!! I JUST FOUND OUT A NEW CINEMA IS BEING BUILT IN COPENHAGEN THAT WILL HAVE LASER PROJECTIONS!! 

#SUCCESS
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:17 am

GUIS, GUIS, THE THEATER WILL OPEN THIS AUGUST IN COPENHAGEN!1 

Oh, and this:

Quote :
This is where we need to go as an industry to save the movie industry from decline. If you want to get people into theaters, you have to do this. The level of brightness, color gamut and saturation that Barco’s laser projector delivers is paramount to achieving the ultimate production value.” - Douglas Trumbull (FX: 2001 a Space Oddysee, Blade Runner, The Tree of Life, etc.)

Barco's laser projectors just happen to be the ones that are used in the new cinema in Copenhagen!

#DANISHSUCCESS
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 am

I'm jelly. Sad
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:32 am

My theater will probably end up getting.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 am

yonny616 wrote:

My theater got it first, though. DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:33 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

My theater got it first, though. DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  2505020059
How do you know? Maybe my theater already has it. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:42 am

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

How do you know? Maybe my theater already has it. Razz

"Will probably end up getting".

You're fooling no-one, Senpai. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 12:42 pm

R.I.P. Film Format Sad
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
R.I.P. Film Format Sad

You can still shoot on Film and project through laser, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 2:23 pm

@RamboOnRedBull But don't you have to transfer film to digital in order to do that?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull But don't you have to transfer film to digital in order to do that?

Films shot on Film and then projected through Laser look better than projected through Film. Whether it has to be transferred to digital (Like with Digital projectors) is something that no-one has talked about yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!    DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOLBY VISION using Exclusive movie theater Laser Projections!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next