Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee

Go down 
+9
Pizzy3C
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Blixtstorm
Hydell
The Enkindler
Stoney
Stigma
Shin_Akuma
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee Empty
PostSubject: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:54 am

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:40 am

Before you jump on the bandwagon, you don't need to pay to play online, it's just for extra features.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Before you jump on the bandwagon, you don't need to pay to play online, it's just for extra features.

Its still retarded.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:15 am

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:33 am

Spoiler:

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:18 am

Why am I not surprised? eye roll
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:51 am

This was inevitable, when people still gladly buy this piece of shit game every year despite the bugs off course Activision are gonna see how much more money they can squeeze out of people.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

Bobby is not pleased with the money CoD is making.

Bobby wants more money!

Bobby WANTS NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:02 pm

Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Title is REALLY misleading. You don't have to pay extra to play MW3 multiplayer. Don't pull what other websites do by tricking their users just so they could get cheap hits...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Its still just Activision testing the waters though Alan, once this is a success they will soon make CoD have monthly fees mark my words.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Reaper is right... But we've known they're going to a subscription based online game since the rumors started after mw2 did so well...

I figured ya'll be rejoicing over this news... Seeing how this will be the way Call of Duty dies... They'll try it after mw3, find out no casual gamers play it enough to pay every month and the only people who will pay are the MLG players who make a return on their gaming investment. Then they'll try and return to normal with the game after that but all the casuals will be gone and their WILL be another shooter for hardcore gamers to take it's place...

I say that because the industry is getting flooded with fps now and 1 has to be good, probably Battlefield. Then everyone will be like, "Battlefield sucks now, it caters to casuals with vehicles and rockets and campers and blah blah blah blah, not like Bad Company 2 was, that game was awesome." Razz

Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Actually, CoD Elite will be free for everyone, but extra features will cost money.
Source: fourzerotwo @ Twitter.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Its just for COD Elite. Its free but some features will cost ya.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Reaper wrote:
Its still just Activision testing the waters though Alan, once this is a success they will soon make CoD have monthly fees mark my words.

Aren't most COD heads already under a virtual 60 dollar a year subscription based system? Every year people go out and buy the next COD game even though it's the same formula with different maps and weapons.

HONESTLY, a COD MMO wouldn't be a terrible idea. The MMO would receive continual updates and would have dedicated servers. Atleast the MMO would take the COD series somewhere. Only downside to this is that this completely takes the narrative/cinematic side (campaign) of the COD series out of the equation. After MW3 I definitely would like to see a COD MMO.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Most of us are getting "Battlefield 3" anyways, so yeah...
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:17 am

fuck yeh /\
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:35 am

Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Aren't most COD heads already under a virtual 60 dollar a year subscription based system? Every year people go out and buy the next COD game even though it's the same formula with different maps and weapons.

HONESTLY, a COD MMO wouldn't be a terrible idea. The MMO would receive continual updates and would have dedicated servers. Atleast the MMO would take the COD series somewhere. Only downside to this is that this completely takes the narrative/cinematic side (campaign) of the COD series out of the equation. After MW3 I definitely would like to see a COD MMO.

The thing with CoD and Activision though is theres no guarantee they will add anything to it, it could literally be just a fee to play online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee   Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of duty modern warfare 3 will have a monthly fee
Page 1 of 1