Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Go down 
+6
Archduke
Angelus
Orion
Mecha
Bluenose
RamboOnRedBull
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 12:12 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Funny how most of the harassment in that video is from MALES to that guy. 2 of the ladies just stared at him, that's not verbal harassment like they said. And the name of the thing is fucking prankster MODELS lol, the guy is a total stud. Razz

I'm not saying it's not wrong, it is. But honestly, I'm not buying into this bullshit that men have it worse on the street.

I see it much more often in the streets against women than men. And women have more right to be afraid cause they are statistically a lot more likely to be raped.

I also dislike this attitude that this video is trying to purport;that because this guy was harassed, it somehow takes away from the original video. And the way he put quotation marks on harassed in the beginning of the video. Like seriously? Being stalked by a man for 5 minutes is not harassment?  10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 1443829230

It seems like you're just trying desperately hard to find nitpicks to make it look like it wasn't as bad for the man. First of all there was only like one man in that entire thing, second of all staring at someone isn't any better, if a man stared in the woman video you would've likely deemed that as just as creepy, third of all "prank" channels do social experiments all the time, just look at these homeless social experiments, all of them prank centered channels, fourth of all declaring him a stud is exactly the kind of poor excuse that creepy sexist assholes would use to people when they see women being harassed. "lol she's just sexy as fuck"

Fifth of all anecdotal evidence isn't evidence, i could easily say that i see it happening more than men, sixth of all that's simply a blatant lie. http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/04/male_rape_in_america_a_new_study_reveals_that_men_are_sexually_assaulted.html Even if it weren't, rape is not a competition and isn't exactly a criteria on how people ought to think about another gender.

And finally the point the video was making is that people are exaggerating the entire video as if it's evidence of women being oppressed on the streets when in reality a woman walking 10 hours only had one random person who could be considered harassing, and all she had to do was tell him to fuck off.

I think he was more just pointing out the difference between the two approaches. The men that did the calling were loud and direct, but the women were quieter, more amongst each other like "*phew* I seriously need to wring out my panties ASAP."

Besides, it's different for males, since they are the dominant party in society. Meaning they cannot be targeted by harassment, violence, or intolerance. Women, on the other hand, are apparently weak pitiable creatures that need to be constantly protected, defended, and given exclusive opportunities.

Check your privilege before spreading misogyny, Toxic.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:22 am

Oh wow being told good day and being told you're beautiful so cruel. I bet fat or ugly girls wish they got compliments like that.

She's just a little bitch honestly.

I got stopped by police for like 40 minutes a week ago because I went for a run when it was dark outside. Because it was "suspicious". Think they would have stopped a chick for going out for a run at 7pm? Fuck no. That's harrassment, not this bullshit.

Also lol @ ratings being disabled.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:48 am

Stigma wrote:
I got stopped by police for like 40 minutes a week ago because I went for a run when it was dark outside. Because it was "suspicious". Think they would have stopped a chick for going out for a run at 7pm? Fuck no. That's harrassment, not this bullshit.

I did some food delivery over the summer. I got called in for questioning, and almost got charged for criminal harassment, because some random bitch saw me twice in the same day, in two different parts of town, so they thought I was suspicious and obviously a dangerous criminal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2