Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours

Go down 
+4
Orion
Bluenose
Archduke
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:20 am

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours Blops210

Quote :
Black Ops 2 has moved an estimated sell-through of over $500 million worldwide in the first 24 hours of its release, according to Chart-Track, Activision has announced.

Black Ops 2 launched November 13, and 16,000 retailers opened at midnight for the launch, with US retailer GameStop selling 1 million copies during its midnight events.

In the UK, Blockbuster reported over 10,000 copies were sold at launch within the first five minutes of availability.

The game has also become the most pre-ordered game in Amazon’s history, according to the company’s figures.

“With first day sales of over half a billion dollars worldwide, we believe Call of Duty is the biggest entertainment launch of the year for the fourth year in a row,” said Activision CEO Bobby Kotick.

“Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded worldwide theatrical box office receipts for “Harry Potter” and “Star Wars,” the two most successful movie franchises of all time. Given the challenged macro-economic environment, we remain cautious about the balance of 2012 and 2013.”

Analysts estimated this week the shooter sold between 6.5 million and 7.2 million units day-one, rivaling Modern Warfare 3′s day-one unit sales of 6.5 million in 2011.

The Infinity Ward shooter generated $775 million in revenue during its first five days on the market and hit $1 billion in sale during its first 16 days of availability.

Black Ops 2 is out on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 and will release on Wii U November 18

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am

Yup. Knew it. All the COD kiddies and their friends got excited and jizzed their pants when they saw the trailers. Everyone I know either has it or plans on getting it. There were tons of people at my local gamestop for the midnight release.

Activision, please, UPGRADE YOUR PILE OF DOGSHIT COD ENGINE FOR ONCE!

Edit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 am

Honestly i'm not surprised and frankly i don't care that much anymore.

I'm still impressed that after so many years they can still make more money from a reskinned outdated game than any other media out there.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:27 pm

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/05/black-ops-2-crosses-1-billion-mark-in-15-days-worldwide/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 pm

-____-
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Im proud to say I contributed towards that sum, black ops 2 is the only game I bought this year
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:43 am

It doesn't matter how much money Bobby Kotick reaps from the spoiled brats, in the end, he will lose everything, because like us, he is but a mere mortal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:28 am

SSDG
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm

So it looks like the series isn't running out of steam any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Deja fucking vu! I feel like I already posted this before.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

True, people will still pay €50 every year for the same game with different maps.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Stoney wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

True, people will still pay €50 every year for the same game with different maps.
Eh, if it's what they wanna do, then who am I to judge?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:59 am

The good news is the sales are down 11% compared to MW3, so even though the series doesn't look like it's running out of steam anytime soon atleast it’s a step in the right direction.

http://www.examiner.com/article/black-ops-2-is-down-11-from-modern-warfare-3-according-to-video-game-analyst
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours   Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Ops 2 makes $500 million in just 24 hours
Page 1 of 1