Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Go down 
+6
Archduke
Angelus
Orion
Mecha
Bluenose
RamboOnRedBull
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman Empty
PostSubject: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 10:35 am

The American dream right there.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 11:17 am

Yeah, I see it first hand from time to time.

It's disgusting and these men should learn to mature the fuck up. That guy who followed her is especially creepy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 12:25 pm

They act like they never seen a woman before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Wonder how many of you will talk about these "creepy" "disgusting" women.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

It's still plain disgusting people act that way there. It's objectifying people by their appearance in a lustful manner. Men or women. Take it how you want.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 2:58 pm

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman 156ab92
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:03 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

It's still plain disgusting people act that way there. It's objectifying people by their appearance in a lustful manner. Men or women. Take it how you want.
America amirite?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:15 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

America amirite?

UAreRite.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Funny how most of the harassment in that video is from MALES to that guy. 2 of the ladies just stared at him, that's not verbal harassment like they said. And the name of the thing is fucking prankster MODELS lol, the guy is a total stud. Razz

I'm not saying it's not wrong, it is. But honestly, I'm not buying into this bullshit that men have it worse on the street.

I see it much more often in the streets against women than men. And women have more right to be afraid cause they are statistically a lot more likely to be raped.

I also dislike this attitude that this video is trying to purport;that because this guy was harassed, it somehow takes away from the original video. And the way he put quotation marks on harassed in the beginning of the video. Like seriously? Being stalked by a man for 5 minutes is not harassment?  10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman 1443829230
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:19 pm

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman Original
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:35 pm

How uncivilised
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:18 pm

I think the entire point of Toxic's video was just to show it's not exclusively against women. One of the main failures of feminism is that it focuses so much on making things better for women, that it completely overlooks other issues. By ending cat-calling against women, you don't really end cat-calling, you just change the victims. It's like that for everything, really.

Some of the comments she received were really just like, "good morning" or "have a nice day." If that's harassment, I should be locked up. They shouldn't have been included. And aside from that, as uncomfortable as cat-calling is, harassment requires repetition. Following someone around town, asking if it's cause you're ugly is harasment, "daaaammnnn" or a whistle is not.

And Teckno, the likelihood of someone getting raped or assaulted in broad daylight on a busy sidewalk is pretty low. Most relevant crimes are petty, such as pickpocketing.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:48 pm

It's New York City, No....... the United States of America, in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Archduke wrote:

The USA is considered the most developed country in the world, but it's also the country where you're most likely to have your children come home from school in a body bag. 'Murica.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Archduke wrote:

The USA is considered the most developed country in the world, but it's also the country where you're most likely to have your children come home from school in a body bag.  'Murica.

It's also the Richest Country in the entire world, and yet it has plenty of people making shit wages and living in harsh conditions, all because they make enough to be considered "working-class Americans". When really, they barely make enough to feed their families, with shit health and working benefits to go with. If they get injured at any point, they're fucked.

But that's a topic for another thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:19 pm

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8aeb78deb2/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man
same thing better quali
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 pm

I think the entire point of Toxic's video was just to show it's not exclusively against women.  One of the main failures of feminism is that it focuses so much on making things better for women, that it completely overlooks other issues.  By ending cat-calling against women, you don't really end cat-calling, you just change the victims.  It's like that for everything, really.

I think that's a given and I wasn't arguing against that.

Quote :
Some of the comments she received were really just like, "good morning" or "have a nice day."  If that's harassment, I should be locked up.  They shouldn't have been included.  And aside from that, as uncomfortable as cat-calling is, harassment requires repetition.  Following someone around town, asking if it's cause you're ugly is harasment, "daaaammnnn" or a whistle is not.

You can play semantics and argue what's the proper definition, but I'm sure you agree that this isn't something that should be happening. I'm also sure you would agree that the majority of this cat-calling and harassment is against women.

Quote :
And Teckno, the likelihood of someone getting raped or assaulted in broad daylight on a busy sidewalk is pretty low.  Most relevant crimes are petty, such as pickpocketing.

I'm not talking in the particular situation of the video, I was just saying how women would be more inclined to be threatened by cat calling and harassment, especially in different settings.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Really...? A bunch of guys trying their luck with a woman. In fact many of them just being polite and greeting her and wishing her a good day.
WOW SUCH HARRASSMENT

These guys got dicks, you got a pussy, no shit some of them want to get into your pants

We've all been hit on by some weird/ugly/strange/horrible people. It's not the end of the world. Take it as a compliment, tell them you're not interested or stfu and accept that it's human nature.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Teckno wrote:
Quote :
Some of the comments she received were really just like, "good morning" or "have a nice day."  If that's harassment, I should be locked up.  They shouldn't have been included.  And aside from that, as uncomfortable as cat-calling is, harassment requires repetition.  Following someone around town, asking if it's cause you're ugly is harasment, "daaaammnnn" or a whistle is not.

You can play semantics and argue what's the proper definition, but I'm sure you agree that this isn't something that should be happening. I'm also sure you would agree that the majority of this cat-calling and harassment is against women.

Definitely not arguing against any of that. Though tbh, as awful as it is, the typical cat-calling is a relatively harmless form of street-harassment. If it wasn't so common it wouldn't even be an issue. The flak some people get over visible defects, among other things, can be much worse and mentally damaging.

I have a friend who's two children (11 and 14) are dying from a horrible degenerative disease. One of them is in a wheelchair, and the other can hardly walk. Almost every time he parks his van, and frequently when he's stopped at a stoplight, he gets personally insulted because he isn't handicapped. And I'll occasionally hear people get called ugly or to go die because they have a weird-looking birthmark on their face.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Teckno wrote:
Quote :

Definitely not arguing against any of that.  Though tbh, as awful as it is, the typical cat-calling is a relatively harmless form of street-harassment.  If it wasn't so common it wouldn't even be an issue.  The flak some people get over visible defects, among other things, can be much worse and mentally damaging.  

I have a friend who's two children (11 and 14) are dying from a horrible degenerative disease.  One of them is in a wheelchair, and the other can hardly walk.  Almost every time he parks his van, and frequently when he's stopped at a stoplight, he gets personally insulted because he isn't handicapped.  And I'll occasionally hear people get called ugly or to go die because they have a weird-looking birthmark on their face.

I 100% agree.

There's nothing wrong however with pointing out something is bad, even if its comparably minor.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 pm

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman 25fka36
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm

And I quite frankly don't see the problem beyond the weird guy who walked with her. Most seem like they're trying to get her attention as that's what society has place the male position in. Why do you think it's usually a guy who asks the girl out. Because males are suppose to be the more "aggressive" of the two sexes. Also I bet you all would do the same thing. You see an attractive girl and you will check her out. It's a normal thing. Some will even try to initiate a conversation with her. It happens to guys too, just that it's unusual for the female to approach the guy. Also this wasn't "harassment" as she walks away and is left alone, the only one who is somewhat harassing her is the dude who walked with her for a couple minutes.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:35 pm

yonny616 wrote:
And I quite frankly don't see the problem beyond the weird guy who walked with her. Most seem like they're trying to get her attention as that's what society has place the male position in. Why do you think it's usually a guy who asks the girl out. Because males are suppose to be the more "aggressive" of the two sexes. Also I bet you all would do the same thing. You see an attractive girl and you will check her out. It's a normal thing. Some will even try to initiate a conversation with her. It happens to guys too, just that it's unusual for the female to approach the guy. Also this wasn't "harassment" as she walks away and is left alone, the only one who is somewhat harassing her is the dude who walked with her for a couple minutes.

It's a problem because of the frequency of it, not because of the nature of it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:47 pm

@Angelus Ohh okay.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Teckno wrote:
Funny how most of the harassment in that video is from MALES to that guy. 2 of the ladies just stared at him, that's not verbal harassment like they said. And the name of the thing is fucking prankster MODELS lol, the guy is a total stud. Razz

I'm not saying it's not wrong, it is. But honestly, I'm not buying into this bullshit that men have it worse on the street.

I see it much more often in the streets against women than men. And women have more right to be afraid cause they are statistically a lot more likely to be raped.

I also dislike this attitude that this video is trying to purport;that because this guy was harassed, it somehow takes away from the original video. And the way he put quotation marks on harassed in the beginning of the video. Like seriously? Being stalked by a man for 5 minutes is not harassment?  10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman 1443829230

It seems like you're just trying desperately hard to find nitpicks to make it look like it wasn't as bad for the man. First of all there was only like one man in that entire thing, second of all staring at someone isn't any better, if a man stared in the woman video you would've likely deemed that as just as creepy, third of all "prank" channels do social experiments all the time, just look at these homeless social experiments, all of them prank centered channels, fourth of all declaring him a stud is exactly the kind of poor excuse that creepy sexist assholes would use to people when they see women being harassed. "lol she's just sexy as fuck"

Fifth of all anecdotal evidence isn't evidence, i could easily say that i see it happening more than men, sixth of all that's simply a blatant lie. http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/04/male_rape_in_america_a_new_study_reveals_that_men_are_sexually_assaulted.html Even if it weren't, rape is not a competition and isn't exactly a criteria on how people ought to think about another gender.

And finally the point the video was making is that people are exaggerating the entire video as if it's evidence of women being oppressed on the streets when in reality a woman walking 10 hours only had one random person who could be considered harassing, and all she had to do was tell him to fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman   10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next