Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alan Wake 2...

Go down 
+8
Mikenuge
Based Sonji
ghost23
NoelX2
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:38 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
The lighting is top-of-the-line, which should go without saying since it's such a huge gameplay mechanic. The only thing Alan Wake really lacked in the visual department aside from a little variety in the setting was the animations. The lip-synching sucked and the body animations were stiff.

I agree. But Remedy have said that they have a new technology that rivals or even surpasses LA Noire's facial animation. Only time will tell.
I'm calling bullshit on that. L.A. Noire's facial animation was the result of technique and hard work using tons of cameras to capture facial animation. Bondi revealed that technique in their first big trailer, what, less than a year ago? I have a hard time believing Remedy found one tool, not a technique, but a tool that surpasses L.A. Noire.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Another thread just made me realise how good the OST was in Alan Wake, hopefully Poets of the Fall are back for the second one.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Stoney wrote:
Another thread just made me realise how good the OST was in Alan Wake, hopefully Poets of the Fall are back for the second one.
When a PoF song would come on the radio in the game I would just sit by the radio, fighting off enemies so I could listen.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:04 pm

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
The lighting is top-of-the-line, which should go without saying since it's such a huge gameplay mechanic. The only thing Alan Wake really lacked in the visual department aside from a little variety in the setting was the animations. The lip-synching sucked and the body animations were stiff.

I agree. But Remedy have said that they have a new technology that rivals or even surpasses LA Noire's facial animation. Only time will tell.
I'm calling bullshit on that. L.A. Noire's facial animation was the result of technique and hard work using tons of cameras to capture facial animation. Bondi revealed that technique in their first big trailer, what, less than a year ago? I have a hard time believing Remedy found one tool, not a technique, but a tool that surpasses L.A. Noire.

Naughty Dog pulled off UC2's amazing facial animations using mostly tools, and not necessarily animation capture. They say so in one of their video documentaries that you can get from the UC2 menu. Technology these days allows you to simulate hyper-realistic facial animations much more efficiently than physically capturing different animations.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Naughty Dog pulled off UC2's amazing facial animations using mostly tools, and not necessarily animation capture. They say so in one of their video documentaries that you can get from the UC2 menu. Technology these days allows you to simulate hyper-realistic facial animations much more efficiently than physically capturing different animations.
If you say so. It just sounds like really bold claims Remedy is making. The L.A. Noire facial animations look eerily realistic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake 2...   Alan Wake 2... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake 2...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2