Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes. Empty
PostSubject: Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes.   Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:29 am

Quote :
The full statement:

“As part of the upcoming Xbox 360 system update, Microsoft Points will be retired, and the Xbox.com PC marketplace will be closed as of August 22, 2013. We encourage you to spend your Microsoft Points balance prior to this change. Although you will not be able to purchase new games, you can continue to enjoy previously purchased content by downloading them through the Games for Windows LIVE client software as usual.”
Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/15/gfw-pc-marketplace-to-close-next-week/

Bye Microsofty with your wannabe steam.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes.   Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:55 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes.   Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm

RIP? GFW was a blight on PC gaming. Probably still has Age of Empires III still at its launch price.
Back to top Go down
xOptimusLimex
Villager
Villager
xOptimusLimex

Stature : 7
Playing : Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, Yakuza 3

PostSubject: Re: Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes.   Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:04 am

Good riddance. That shit was real annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes.   Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games for Windows Marketplace finally closes.
Page 1 of 1