Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC

Go down 
+14
Stoney
yonny616
BioDemon
Gutzahn
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
igame
NoelX2
Bluenose
Based Sonji
Stigma
Orc
Mecha
The Enkindler
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Quote :
Teknylate.com and Insideris.com have reported that with the next versions of Microsoft’s PC operating system, Windows 8, will include the function to allow users to play Xbox 360 games on their PC’s. Microsoft has not made any official statement yet, but the rumor is that you'll be able to access your dashboard and the Xbox Live Marketplace through your PC and also play any Xbox 360 game. If you have the computer power to do so. Not much else is known at this point in time. There's rumors about a separate fee to use the computer extension as well.
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Source:velocitygamer
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Xbox 360 R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Mecha wrote:
Xbox 360 R.I.P.
This. You will always have a place in my hearth 360. Sad
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:13 pm

HAHA clever move. Well done you have just killed Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 pm

This is actually an intelligent decision to market Windows 8 considering that they'll just make a new Xbox anyways.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
This is actually an intelligent decision to market Windows 8 considering that they'll just make a new Xbox anyways.

Windows 8 is supposed to come out like this year..... Safe to say we won't see a new Xbox for 2 years...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Windows 8 is supposed to come out like this year..... Safe to say we won't see a new Xbox for 2 years...

Then they'll likely wait for a while and install the feature through an update.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

LUL, then why announce it now?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

They didn't announce it, it's just a rumor.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:25 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

They didn't announce it, it's just a rumor.

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC 1443829230 No shit? If they did announce it, why announce it now?

EDIT: Doesn't seem like a rumor: http://www.metrowny.com/news-entertainment/archives/589-Windows_8_will_allow_for_Xbox_360_games_to_be_played_on_PCs.html
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Sonji wrote:
Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC 1443829230 No shit? If they did announce it, why announce it now?

EDIT: Doesn't seem like a rumor: http://www.metrowny.com/news-entertainment/archives/589-Windows_8_will_allow_for_Xbox_360_games_to_be_played_on_PCs.html

Either you don't know what a rumor is or you just didn't read the article at all. Microsoft need to confirm it themselves in order for it to become an actual announcement. But since they haven't announced anything yet, it's still a rumor for now.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sonji wrote:

Either you don't know what a rumor is or you just didn't read the article at all. Microsoft need to confirm it themselves in order for it to become an actual announcement. But since they haven't announced anything yet, it's still a rumor for now.

Microsoft hardly ever announces any of their shit. It always comes from other places.

Anyway, MS better know what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Sonji wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sonji wrote:

Microsoft hardly ever announces any of their shit. It always comes from other places.

Just because it's a rumor doesn't mean it's not true. It could very well be true. But you can't say it's been announced when Microsoft didn't confirmed anything yet.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sonji wrote:

Just because it's a rumor doesn't mean it's not true. It could very well be true. But you can't say it's been announced when Microsoft didn't confirmed anything yet.

I never said it was confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Sonji wrote:
I never said it was confirmed.

But you're using the article as confirmation, when in fact it's just a rumor. If you don't think it's a rumor then you must believe that the article is actual confirmation. Even though like I said before, Microsoft hasn't said anything as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:03 pm

^^

I said it doesn't SEEM like a rumor. In reality, it may be, but all these articles around the net talk about it like it's already confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't see the harm since 720 is gonna come out anytime now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I think itsa good idea since the Xbox 3 is gonna come out soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Personally, i don't think i'll be interested to play 360 games once the next xbox comes out.

But i'm sure others will be interested in this.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Looks like I won't be needing to buy a new console after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 am

DukeNukem34 wrote:

This is idiotic. You rather pay $250+ for an OS to play games that you're not even sure your computer can run?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:47 am

Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:

This is idiotic. You rather pay $250+ for an OS to play games that you're not even sure your computer can run?

Actually, I need a new computer. So buying a new gaming PC + OS that can run those games is a good solution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 am

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:

Actually, I need a new computer. So buying a new gaming PC + OS that can run those games is a good solution.

Wasting about $750+ just to justify not buying a new console is a good solution?

To each his own.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:13 am

Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:

Wasting about $750+ just to justify not buying a new console is a good solution?

To each his own.
$750+ allows him to get a PC that can run PC games as well as 360 games. Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next