Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Republic Closes down.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Game Republic Closes down. Empty
PostSubject: Game Republic Closes down.   Game Republic Closes down. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 am

Game Republic Closes down. _Incredible_Giant_Crab_Redux_by_VegasMike
Quote :
Game Republic, founded by legendary game developer Yoshiki Okamoto, has been shuttered. The developer’s offices have been vacated, complete with a “For Rent” sign in the window. Game Republic is best known for Folklore and Genji: Days of the Blade. The latter best game is infamous for featuring a “giant enemy crab” whom players could “attack its weak point for massive damage.”

According to Kotaku, “there are unconfirmed rumors that Okamoto and Game Republic owed large amounts of money in back loans, and that Okamoto has even skipped the country.” This rumor remains unsubstantiated, however.

The oddity is that Game Republic closed without so much as a brief press release or statement from Okamoto. More news when – or if – it comes.
Looks like you won't ever have to hit a weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE, because the Crab just wrecked you. Razz

http://www.gamestooge.com/2011/06/15/game-republic-closed-for-massive-damage/

Last edited by Leonidas on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game Republic Closes down.   Game Republic Closes down. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 am

R.I.P giant enemy crab. 😢
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Game Republic Closes down.   Game Republic Closes down. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:32 am

Even to this day I still watch the best bits of Sony's 2006 E3 conference.

Tis a sad day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Game Republic Closes down.   Game Republic Closes down. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Well, that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Republic Closes down.   Game Republic Closes down. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Republic Closes down.
Page 1 of 1