Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft made Metal Gear possible

Go down 
+8
Stoney
Chobo
igame
Bluenose
Mecha
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
Stigma
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Microsoft made Metal Gear possible Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:20 am

http://kotaku.com/#!5797534/metal-gear-was-born-on-microsofts-great-japanese-success

8)

I have never until today heard the name MSX nor had any idea that Microsoft once had success in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft made Metal Gear possible XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:25 am

I think most people associate the original Metal Gear with the NES, but yeah, a lot of people forget that it was on the MSX first.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:38 am

TRF's right, they do associate it with the NES. I could go into most of the history of how the franchise became what it is today (possibly involves what could be considered plagiarism?) but I forgot everyone's name.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft made Metal Gear possible R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:23 am

Oh the irony.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:56 am

playstation fanboys gone crying now.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

Why should they? It's pretty much a Sony based game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm

cool, didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Microsoft made Metal Gear possible 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Just goes to show that Metal Gear has always been and will still be a multi-platform franchise.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Mecha and Toxicmaniac in some sort of club?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I dont think anyone was in any doubt that Metal Gear has and always will be a genrally multi-plat based franchise. Anyone who doesnt know this does not deserve to play the games since they obviously dont follow the history of the franchise and instead follow fanboyism.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Metal Gear Solid is looked at as an iconic Sony game series, not Metal Gear as a whole. But honestly even MGS is just loosely considered an iconic Sony game considering alot of the games in the series were multiplatform. The same goes for Splinter Cell being associated with Xbox but still is generally known to be a multiplatform series.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Well duhh!!!! I'm not a fan but I knew it was on the MSX in Japan. Microsoft made Metal Gear possible 2505020059
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Microsoft made Metal Gear possible StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:09 am

Alanski wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Metal Gear Solid is looked at as an iconic Sony game series, not Metal Gear as a whole. But honestly even MGS is just loosely considered an iconic Sony game considering alot of the games in the series were multiplatform. The same goes for Splinter Cell being associated with Xbox but still is generally known to be a multiplatform series.
I have MGS2 on Xbox and MGS1 on gamecube lol. You do have a good point tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft made Metal Gear possible   Microsoft made Metal Gear possible I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft made Metal Gear possible
Page 1 of 1