Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer

Go down 
+6
Archduke
NoelX2
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Stigma
10 posters

Halo 3 vs Halo Reach
 Halo 3
 Halo Reach
View results
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:10 am

Simple topic, which is better and why. I think Halo 3 online is superior to Reach by far. Despite what some people say, Halo 3 and Reach multiplayer is WAY different. Halo Reach is a lot more fast paced and unbalanced and is less skillful than Halo 3. Reach added bloom, sprint, and loadouts which were never a part of Halo to begin with and what helped Halo diversify from every other FPS out there.

Bloom was annoying and made weapons more reliant on luck than skill while sprint changed the way people played. The usual tactic was to shoot someone with the AR and then run up to melee them. With sprint it ended up with people bum rushing you and double meleeing which is cheap as hell and made the energy sword a fucking god weapon. The sword's one hit kill was balanced due to the fact that it only worked in close quarters and was suicide to use in open areas, but with sprint you simple dash across an open area and easily kill someone. This charge tactic also worked with shotguns. Loadouts made the game really freaking unbalanced. The point of stuff like invisibility and bubble shields in the other Halo games was that they worked as a buff, they were in one part of the map and someone could run up and get it and get a slight advantage over the enemy. HOWEVER, now that you could spawn with them led to massive abuse of power ups. In Halo 3 there could only be 1 invisible person at a time and the pick up had a 30 second respawn rate. Now people spawn with invisibility pick up a sniper and go camp. Then there's armor lock, fucking gamebreaking, WORSE than Infiltrators in Killzone or Commando in MW2.

Halo 3 was incredible balanced as everyone in a game would spawn with the same equipment and power ups wouldn't be abused. In Halo Reach loadouts made matches unbalanced and invisibility and armor lock are abused to hell. Also another problem I had with Halo Reach is that it seems far more infantry based than Halo 3. Halo 3 had a good mix of infantry, vehicles, and aircraft. Reach seems to have been tweaked to appeal to the typical COD fanbase and spit the Halo fanbase. On one hand, some really liked the changes, while some fucking hated them like myself.

Well there's my reason/rant of why Halo 3 is better. Remember to EXPLAIN why you like one better than the other but you don't have to get into detail as much as I did. I will continue to play Halo 3 again along with the other 10's of thousands of fans who still continue to play it for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 am

Well they are really different to begin with but i gotta give it to halo reach.
In halo 3 it was way easier to kil someone as it only had a shield. In reach it has a shield and life-bar. While i like the maps alot better on halo 3, halo reach has amazing new weapons like the DMR, plasma launcer and focus rifle. I love the load outs (except armor lock) It has great new gametypes like invasion, rocket race and finally a grifball loby without waiting for double xp weekend. Oh yeah and i wuv assasination. :3
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:20 am

I think Reach was tighter and everything and I prefer the custom maps of reach but halo 3 had a massive roster of maps and I spent a lot more time on halo 3 than reach. In fact I'm already bored of reach unfortunately. Maybe I'll give it another chance if I can be arsed.

They're both good in their own ways I think.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 pm

I like Halo 3 more because the multiplayer is simpler and more "arcadey," whereas Reach has the loadouts which I'm not a huge fan of.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:08 pm

TRF wrote:
I like Halo 3 more because the multiplayer is simpler and more "arcadey," whereas Reach has the loadouts which I'm not a huge fan of.

Pretty much summed up what I would say. Halo 3 was a lot more simple. And with the loadouts and such it feels like they are trying to be more like other games like CoD.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:55 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Pretty much summed up what I would say. Halo 3 was a lot more simple. And with the loadouts and such it feels like they are trying to be more like other games like CoD.
Exactly. I like it more when everyone has an equal playing field from the start. With loadouts, you don't really get that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Exactly. I like it more when everyone has an equal playing field from the start. With loadouts, you don't really get that.
Unless they all use the same loadout. ._.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Unless they all use the same loadout. ._.

There are 5 loadouts in a standard Slayer match...
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 pm

I liked 3 because of the variety of maps. And I dont have the map packs for Reach.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:21 pm

I voted for Halo 3, cause it's the only one I played. I've never played Reach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:10 am

I like Reach better.

You can play the Classic playlist without the loadouts.

And I dig playing in maps the community made.(Some of them are terrible but others are pretty good)

But I think they tried a little too hard to appeal to the COD fanbase.

The loadouts made the game a little unbalanced. Those two things are STANDARD for a COD game.

And I kind of hate playing Infection when all of the zombies have Evade. I got used to it but a Classic Infection would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:40 am

The armour abilities make the game much more unbalanced then Halo 3. This is seen mostly in Living Dead playlist.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
The armour abilities make the game much more unbalanced then Halo 3. This is seen mostly in Living Dead playlist.

This. That is really why I rarely play Slayer anymore. If I play, it is usually Action Sack or Griffball.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Everything is pretty much better in Reach...Don't see how the multiplayer is inferior.

Besides, Forge is better in Reach and the result of this is even more famazing custom maps.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Alanski wrote:
Everything is pretty much better in Reach...Don't see how the multiplayer is inferior.

Besides, Forge is better in Reach and the result of this is even more famazing custom maps.
Yes, with all of the same scenery. At least Halo 3 has multiple maps worth Forging on. Reach has Forge World and that's pretty much it, and the scenery gets quite boring after awhile.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Who the hell keeps on voting for Reach? It was like 7-3 a week ago. I swear somebody has sock accounts to mess with these polls.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:12 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Who the hell keeps on voting for Reach? It was like 7-3 a week ago. I swear somebody has sock accounts to mess with these polls.
Maybe it's you.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:43 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Reach is a great multiplayer game.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:47 am

ghost23 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Reach is a great multiplayer game.

Reach is good but he has a point. Most people who vote at least share their opinion with a comment.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:

Yes, with all of the same scenery. At least Halo 3 has multiple maps worth Forging on. Reach has Forge World and that's pretty much it, and the scenery gets quite boring after awhile.

You can change the atmosphere of Forge World....

BTW, loadouts is hardly something to complain about. Most loadouts don't dramatically affect gameplay and the number of different loadouts depends on the playlist. Slayer is pretty much the only playlist that has like 4+ different loadouts to choose from and even then you could always play "classic" (Halo 3) style slayer since there is a specific playlist just for that too. Oh and no matter how much you hate loadouts you can't say shit about Invasion as that game mode is just fucking awesome.

Loadouts are pretty much just pre-determined equipment...Hell in Halo 3 the equipment was more overpowering. In Halo 3 overshields, power drain, and total invisibility (even when you move) equipments were pretty much on every Slayer map. In Halo Reach the loadouts are basically underpowered versions of equipments. Razz In fact 2 of those loadouts are either barrel roll or sprinting which I don't really consider to be "powers" anyways..Razz.

WITH THAT SAID. My ideal Halo game would be Halo Reach with Halo 3 maps, Forge World, and no equipment/loadouts except for sprinting and maybe Jetpacks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Alanski wrote:

WITH THAT SAID. My ideal Halo game would be Halo Reach with Halo 3 maps, Forge World, and no equipment/loadouts except for sprinting and maybe Jetpacks.
Almost agreed but instead of halo 3 maps i'd prefer most halo 2 maps with some halo 3 maps like guardian, the pit and valhalla. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer   Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo 3 vs Halo Reach Multiplayer
Page 1 of 1