Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) Empty
PostSubject: Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:47 pm

I think its about time someone reviewed this, it is Bungie's last known entry in the Xbox 360's flagship series, Halo.

Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) Halo+reach+box+art

Developer: Bungie
Publisher: Microsoft
Platform(s): Xbox 360
Release Date: September 14, 2010
Rating: Mature
Genre: First Person Shooter
Purchase: USA
Purchase: UK

Story
COL. Holland: "... I'm barely getting you. What's your situation, over?"
CDR. Carter-A259: "Colonel, this is Noble One. There are no rebels. The Covenant are on Reach. Acknowledge?"
COL. Holland: "Come again, Noble One? Did you say Covenant?"
CDR. Carter-A259: "Affirmative. It's the WINTER CONTINGENCY."
COL. Holland: "May God help us all."

The story of Halo: Reach is a prequel to the first game, Halo: Combat Evolved. Despite what was thought early on, this game's plot does not follow the book about the same battle. Instead you are a spartan 3 in Noble Team sent there to replace a deceased member. Your first mission is the investigate a relay that was supposedly taken out by rebels, but it ends up being the Covenant and the game is then about you and Noble team trying to stop them. But as every Halo player knows, it all ends in disaster. The story seems to have an Alamo-like theme to it.

I am surprised they made the story as good as it was even though we were aware of the ending. Even though I will say that I think they could have done more with Noble team to give you a better sense of attachment to them, considering what ends up happening to them. However the customization with Noble Six was awesome, every thing from his/her armor to gender is completely up to you and this stays for all game modes including the campaign.

New Alexandria
Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) 830px-Noble_Six_City

Gameplay
"It's a Warthog with rockets and it is awesome." -Bungie.Net

While core elements of Reach's gameplay are familiar, there are some new additions. First is that you are a spartan again (after being an ODST in the last game) and your shields are back, but you still have fall damage and your non-regenerating health bar beneath that. Probably the biggest is the armor abilities which range from active camo to a jet pack, these can be activated at will though need recharging when in long use.

Next is the new weapons, first is that the BR is gone and replaced by the DMR and that the pistol is the closest it has been to the original pistol in Combat Evolved. There are also some new weapons such as the plasma launcher, the plasma repeater, target designator, and so much more. They have also added new vehicles such as the Revenant which is a cross between a ghost and a wraith, or the Rocket warthog which is self-explanatory.

Perhaps the best new vehicle is the Sabre, a space-dogfighter which is used in the campaign and definitely the biggest gameplay surprise of Reach.

Then you have the addicting multiplayer which is filled to the brim with variety. This time the veto system is still there in a sense, but in the form of voting for what game mode and map you want to play. Everything from Griffball to Infection, to normal Slayer is here with the new gameplay improvements or modes where the gameplay is the normal Halo MP experience from previous games. Every game mode except Forge has matchmaking as well.

Next is Forge 2.0, with new features like rotation snapping, and even phasing objects through other objects or just having them float in the air. You also have Forge World which is a massive map filled with creative potential. Along with Forge you also get the Theater mode which (to my knowledge) has remained unchanged from Halo 3.

Last is Firefight. Here you and up to four friends fight endless waves of Covenant forces or you can have some friends join the Covenant side in Firefight versus. Along with increasing difficulty waves you also now have custom game options and skulls, want to play in 50% gravity with nothing but gravity hammers and 6x overshields? Well now you can.

Multiplayer gameplay on Zealot

Graphics

Now I am not one to rate graphics, but these certainly are the best of any halo game. Though I have seen better this generation theses are pretty good.

Even this victory is bittersweet
Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) 830px-Noble_Six_Reach

Sound

Everything from gunshots, plasma fire, radio calls and everything else sounds like you would expect it too with some bells and whistles thrown in for small yet nice effect.

Awesome game in my opinion, I recommend it to anyone with an Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Nice review Ezek. The story was so-so for me, the MP is very fun though, even though I haven't played it for a while.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:25 pm

GRIFFBALL!!!!!! lol.

Good review. I didn't like the campaign very much. But the MP is very fun.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks guys

By the way, when I said the "Story was as good as it was" I was referring to that in relation to how everyone knew the ending. As there are some people who could not do that to even this degree (*cough* Star Wars *cough*).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezek reviews Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
Page 1 of 1