Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good comics easy to jump into

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Good comics easy to jump into  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Good comics easy to jump into  Empty
PostSubject: Good comics easy to jump into    Good comics easy to jump into  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Animal Man 19 is a perfect jumping on point for a really dark story, the first issues were really dreary and pretty drary and downright fucking horrific with gross art manipulating ways to present anatomy in the most fucked up ways possible. Very dark book and more horror
Good comics easy to jump into  Animal_man_19
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/animal-man-2011/animal-man-20
(NOTE THIS IS THE LINK FOR ISSUE 20, ISSUE 19 HAS SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS ISSUE SO ITS NOT UP YET)

Stormwatch 20 is a good jumping on point for this fantastic book, it introduces the new team and just explains the shit. Also they have something to do with Lobo. Anything to do with Lobo is TRUCKING AMAZING
Good comics easy to jump into  STORMW_Cv20_R1_vr90purbg4_

Here's the solicit for Stormwatch 20
"Don’t say we didn’t warn you! The new StormWatch is even more bloodthirsty than the previous team! On their first off-planet mission, the new StormWatch has to prove itself—while Lobo is seduced by aliens!"
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/stormwatch-2011/stormwatch-20

The Movement #1 is probably the book i'm most anticipated for, it's done by Gail Simone and i loved her Secret Six comic series which actually got me in to comics the first place, she took lame characters like catman,bane, deadshot, scandal savage and ragdoll and made them work! very exicited for thsi!
Good comics easy to jump into  2915131-4_movement_2wm
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-movement-2013/the-movement-1
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Good comics easy to jump into  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Good comics easy to jump into    Good comics easy to jump into  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Where's Deadpool?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Good comics easy to jump into  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Good comics easy to jump into    Good comics easy to jump into  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm

good comics I love you lol in all seriousness deadpool is okay for a casual jolly read like archies
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Good comics easy to jump into    Good comics easy to jump into  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:56 pm

I think Spawn and The Darkness are the best ones to get into comics. The Darkness is really the first comic series I truly fell in love with.
I mean both of these comics have terrific artwork, and The Darkness is well narrated so you can jump into any issue. Practically every Spawn issue is separate from the other (there are barely any runs or continuations) so you can easily get a random comic and chances are you will follow it entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good comics easy to jump into    Good comics easy to jump into  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good comics easy to jump into
Page 1 of 1