Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

"We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

"We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics Empty
PostSubject: "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics   "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 am

Asked by Yang if he had tried to do an all-ages book with a franchise character, Pope said he did test the waters, only to be knocked back. "Batman did pretty well, so I sat down with the head of DC Comics. I really wanted to do 'Kamandi [The Last Boy on Earth]', this Jack Kirby character. I had this great pitch… and he said 'You think this is gonna be for kids? Stop, stop. We don't publish comics for kids. We publish comics for 45-year olds. If you want to do comics for kids, you can do 'Scooby-Doo.' And I thought, 'I guess we just broke up.'" - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47143
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

"We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics   "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:36 am

Well at least they're not trying to copy Marvel.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

"We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics   "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 am

Implying kids don't read their comics, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

"We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics   "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:33 am

@Mecha copying MARVEL would be great, MARVEL is destroying DC in comic sales because they are trying to make their comics appeal to a wide range, instead of 45 year old men. MARVEL also aren't fucking with the writers stories and fucking it up so bad that they quit the job.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics   "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:44 pm

I totally get what he's saying as a 29 year old i love DC comics everything about marvel to me is just childish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics   "We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"We only publish comics for 45 year olds" - DC Comics
Page 1 of 1