Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medal of Honor is NOT dead

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Medal of Honor is NOT dead R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Medal of Honor is NOT dead Empty
PostSubject: Medal of Honor is NOT dead   Medal of Honor is NOT dead I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Medal of Honor is NOT dead Medal_10

Quote :
Medal of Honor is not dead, EA has assured, it’s just being shelved for a while.

Speaking with RPS, EA chief creative director Rich Hilleman said the issue is on EA’s production end, and not due to over saturation of military shooters.

“We don’t think its a genre problem,” he said. “It’s an execution problem. We don’t think Medal of Honor’s performance speaks to any particular bias in that space against modern settings or World War 2 or any of that. It’s much more that we had some things we should’ve done better.

“What we think right now is that, for the next couple years, we can just have one great thing in that space. So we’re choosing for it to be Battlefield.”

Hilleman said it was better to give Medal of Honor a break rather than release a game that isn’t of the utmost quality.

“I think a key part of this is having the right amount of high-quality production talent,” he said. “And we didn’t have the quality of leadership we needed to make [it] great. We just have to get the leadership aligned. We’re blessed to have more titles than we can do well today. That’s a good problem, frankly. In the long term, we have to make sure we don’t kill those products by trying to do them when we can’t do them well.

“The property will come back when it’s time is right and there’s someone to carry it.”

EA announced during its Q3 results the game had been taking “out of rotation.”

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Medal of Honor is NOT dead PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor is NOT dead   Medal of Honor is NOT dead I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Fuck off with Battlefield and give me Bad Company 3!
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor is NOT dead   Medal of Honor is NOT dead I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:14 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Fuck off with Battlefield and give me Bad Company 3!

........ What?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Medal of Honor is NOT dead PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor is NOT dead   Medal of Honor is NOT dead I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Lol I knew that would cause confusion of sorts. Razz

EA's talking about Battlefield as in the main series, I want a Bad Company 3, not Battlefield 4.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Medal of Honor is NOT dead XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor is NOT dead   Medal of Honor is NOT dead I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm just sick of military shooters. Give me more colorful and unique stuff like Borderlands 2, and I'm fine with the abundance of shooters in the market.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor is NOT dead   Medal of Honor is NOT dead I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:22 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I'm just sick of military shooters. Give me more colorful and unique stuff like Borderlands 2, and I'm fine with the abundance of shooters in the market.

borderlands looks bland to me.

The best shooters this gen were

Timeshift, Shadowrun and Battlefield games. Battlefield games at least had some realism and intensity which the rest of the genre lacked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor is NOT dead   Medal of Honor is NOT dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medal of Honor is NOT dead
Page 1 of 1