Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread

Go down 
+11
CleverCatchPhrase
Chobo
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
Stoney
Orc
yonny616
JayMoore
Mecha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am

Mecha wrote:
Or this...

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 New_go10

Honestly, he looks fucking ridiculous in this suit Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:07 pm

He still look pretty damn stupid. A turd is still a turd.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 pm

I like the way he looks. 

There's an opinion, and then there's a Yonny opinion. Either way, a yonny opinion or a turd, it's still the same. I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 pm

TeamRambo +1
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:56 pm

I think he looks even worse than in the Raimi movies.

Why couldn't we just have this?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm

The world is about to end: I agree with Orion.

@Rambo & Mecha Yall nikkas jus mad cuz yuh kno im right. Middle Finger
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:56 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:47 pm

They just began airing the TV-Commercials over here. :) 

Might watch it in the theater around its April 17th premiere.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 Bktvqa10

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 Ktyxh10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Looks like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is getting somewhat mixed reviews. Mostly positive though, but it's like Man of Steel all over again. For example, the reviews are complaining that the tone is too much like The Avengers. Well fuck, last time checked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a Marvel film as well. If anything Spider-Man comics are suppose to be more lighthearted than The Avengers. I dunno. We'll see once the movie comes out.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 10205710

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 10205711
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Noticed none of these except Stan Lee and after credits.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Fuck Critics, this movie is awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:04 am

One thing nerds hate: romance in superhero films. Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:13 am

Yet, they complain that Man of Steel lacked in romance. Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 1443829230 I swear, critics are starting to get retarded when to comic book films. If people don't like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Man of Steel, then fine. But the reasons they give for not liking those films are not valid reasons.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:34 am

What do you mean "critics". As far as I know, RT critics mostly enjoyed the romance.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:43 am

So the problems critics have with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the tone and the structure of the film, correct?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 5:15 am

Mecha wrote:
So the problems critics have with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the tone and the structure of the film, correct?

No. It's the inconsistencies of how the tone changes throughout the film, and how the film feels like it was made to set-up future spin-offs/sequels, which - to them - hurts the overall package. 

Those are both pretty good arguments for not liking a movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 5:28 am

No it's not. Critics are saying that the tone is similar to Batman & Robin or a cartoon show. That's HIGHLY exaggerated. There are far worse comic book movies with inconsistencies tones that somehow get good reviews.

As for setting up future sequels and spin-offs, what comic book movie doesn't do that nowadays?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:13 am

Mecha wrote:
No it's not. Critics are saying that the tone is similar to Batman & Robin or a cartoon show. That's HIGHLY exaggerated. There are far worse comic book movies with inconsistencies tones that somehow get good reviews.

As for setting up future sequels and spin-offs, what comic book movie doesn't do that nowadays?

No. No, they are not. Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 725796345 

Find me 3 professional critics that said the tone is similar to Batman & Robin

Some critics mentioned that it felt like a cartoon, yes, but most of the cirtics that did, didn't use it as a negative. 

Here's quote from a critic:

Quote :
All these storylines run into and over one another while director Webb struggles — and fails — to find a consistent tone (is it any wonder?). At times the movie takes on a light, nearly silly attitude; at others, it’s all heavy mystery or life and death; and then when the action scenes hit, it’s mainly the equivalent of visual screeching.

That's an issue with inconsistent tone, and NOT because it's lighthearted. Not enough? Okay:

Quote :
The trouble with director Marc Webb's disappointing sequel is it wants to have it both ways: to take seriously human connection and loss and also spin the spectacular and pulpy. When superhero movies pull this mix off, they are a thing of pop-culture beauty.
"Spider-Man 2" never locates that sweet spot.

That's yet another tone issue with the film. 

Also, they're not complaining that it sets up future successors; they're complaining that so much time is spent on so many things that - not only don't work fully - but that are taking away time from other things in the movie that are more relevant, and that should've been explored instead.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 9:43 am

@Rambo

It's only lighthearted when Spider-Man fights off crime that has very little connection to his personal life. But once he takes off his mask and becomes Peter Parker, that's when we see a more human story of the film. Don't see how that's more inconsistent compare to the Sam Raimi movies that critics love so much.

Also I didn't think they spent so much time on so many things. Did the film had many different storylines happening all at once? Yeah, I'll admit that. But that's what sequels are for. To explore what's left of the storylines even further.

As for it being like Batman & Robin...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=98240
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:08 am

IDk if anybody cares or not, but I was listening to TASM2 soundtrack and it's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:26 pm

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a lower score than Man of Steel on RT. The critics have gone full retard.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo

1.It's only lighthearted when Spider-Man fights off crime that has very little connection to his personal life. But once he takes off his mask and becomes Peter Parker, that's when we see a more human story of the film. Don't see how that's more inconsistent compare to the Sam Raimi movies that critics love so much.

2.Also I didn't think they spent so much time on so many things. Did the film had many different storylines happening all at once? Yeah, I'll admit that. But that's what sequels are for. To explore what's left of the storylines even further.

As for it being like Batman & Robin...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=98240

1. I highly doubt those are the only tone differences throughout the movie, but okay. Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 725796345

2. You didn't think it spent time on many things? But, wait, it DID have many different storylines at once? Which is it? 

Again, it's not just that it spent time on many things, it's that a lot of that time was spent on things that mattered less than others, which ended up hurting the overall package. 

I told you to show me 3 professional critics, and you gave me a single one. Gotcha. 

What I find the most ironic here is how you first say the critics don't have valid reasons, but then you agree with almost every (professional) critics certain complaints about the film. 

Again, like I said to begin with: They're complaining about tone issues that the film tries to handle, but that don't work as well as the movie wants them to. And they feel things were spent on things that should've gotten less attention due to not being as pivotal as others that could've had more attention.

For you to say critics have gone retard for having valid reason that even you, yourself, is actually agreeing with just goes to show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread   Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Thread
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next