Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them

Go down 
+4
Jack the Spectre
Orion
Mecha
The Enkindler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them Empty
PostSubject: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:40 am

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them Leland-yee

Quote :
California State Senator Leland Yee should be no stranger to gamers after he introduced the 2005 bill that made sales of M rated games to minors a crime, which was later struck down by the Supreme Court.

Well, he still wants games regulated, and apparently doesn’t like how hard gamers are defending them. In an interview, Yee shared that he thought, “Gamers have got to just quiet down[...] Gamers have no credibility in this argument. This is all about their lust for violence and the industry’s lust for money. This is a billion-dollar industry. This is about their self-interest.”

So, sit back and take your lumps like a good gamer while the lawmakers decide what’s best for you.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but this writer personally tends to speak up not just in defense of gaming, but of myself. When someone attacks my primary hobby in a way that paints it as some hazard that could turn me into a psychopath at any moment, I’m likely to speak up and prove the content of my character is defined by more than the contents of my shelves and computer directories.

Of course, The San Francisco Chronicle points out that even with violent games being some of the most visible, Wii Sports and The Sims are pretty impressively popular. Let’s just hope the gaming industry’s opposition doesn’t notice how many televisions have been the victims of Wii related accidents, and try to spin it as being induced by rage.

SOURCE: Newbcastgaming
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 am

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them 31497111
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 am

Im guessing.he hasn't played Dragon.Quest 8
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:25 pm

lol is this guy fucking kidding? Asking gamers not to have an opinion on this issue is like asking gays to pipe down about gay marriage, women to pipe down about abortion, the elderly to pipe down about SSI benefits, gun owners to pipe down about gun control, or Rastafarians to pipe down about marijuana legalization.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 pm

:Okay:

I'll pipe down, Lee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Teckno wrote:
:Okay:

I'll pipe down, Lee.

If only the extremists were like you. Sad

Razz jk.

It seems every week some idiot politician wants to have his say on videogames, a subject they know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Ok Mr Lee. How about you quiet down while i break a broom handle off in your ass?
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:16 am

This is bullshit. We need violence in video games to keep us from shooting up schools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them   Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lawmaker Wants Gamers to “Quiet Down” While Bashing Them
Page 1 of 1