Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YouTube: F*** you, gamers!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

YouTube: F*** you, gamers! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

YouTube: F*** you, gamers! Empty
PostSubject: YouTube: F*** you, gamers!   YouTube: F*** you, gamers! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:46 am

YouTube: F*** you, gamers! Watto-10

Quote :
YouTube has reached out to users to explain its new and highly unpopular Content ID copyright claim system, and despite complaints from creators and rights holders alike, has not budged from its original position.

In an email to users published by Kotaku, YouTube failed to address criticisms from the community.

“Know that we love what you do. We’ve worked hard to design Content ID and other tools to give everyone – from individual creators to media companies – the opportunity to make great videos and earn money. As YouTube grows, we want to make sure we’re providing the right product features to ensure that everyone continues to thrive,” the service said.

YouTube linked users to a page for disputing copyright claims, and suggested users try switching off the music in games to avoid triggering auto-claims from music license holders.

The Content ID system has produced a significant number of false positives, with creators finding their income slashed by erroneous reports, and little in the way of support to remove the false claims. Publishers and developers have spoken out strongly against the new system.

Developers may be waiving their rights by supporting YouTube creators, a lawyer has warned.

Thanks, GamesIndustry.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

YouTube: F*** you, gamers! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: YouTube: F*** you, gamers!   YouTube: F*** you, gamers! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:55 am

Why do people still like Google?

When M$ fucked up, they fixed it.
When SONY fucked up, they gave everyone a ton of free stuff.
When Maple Leaf fucked up, they had a recall and a televised apology.

Why can't Google do the same?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

YouTube: F*** you, gamers! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: YouTube: F*** you, gamers!   YouTube: F*** you, gamers! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:00 am

Indie developers have been hit by Content ID on their very OWN videos that they created themelves.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/18/99-of-youtube-gaming-channels-will-die-soon-copyright-strike-barrage-discussed/
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

YouTube: F*** you, gamers! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: YouTube: F*** you, gamers!   YouTube: F*** you, gamers! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:38 am

Lol. Why do people still like Google?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: YouTube: F*** you, gamers!   YouTube: F*** you, gamers! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:53 am

Fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YouTube: F*** you, gamers!   YouTube: F*** you, gamers! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YouTube: F*** you, gamers!
Page 1 of 1