Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSP Equivalents of console games

Go down 
+6
NoelX2
ArchAngel
RamboOnRedBull
yonny616
Orion
Orc
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:55 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Skyrim
Just Cause 2

Aw mang, now you're really pushing it.

SKYRIM

I cannot lie here. There has never been a game on PSP even remotely similar to The Elder Scrolls. The best we have are a bunch of dungeon crawlers and jrpgs, however some of them are pretty good.

Here is the best option

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Monste14
Monster Hunter Freedom/Monster Hunter Freedom 2/Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
One of the deepest handheld experiences ever. Truly an addictive RPG with decent graphics, stunningly varied and breathing locations (from deserts to mountains to forests to caves to old castle ruins, etc), addictive real-time combat with many different kinds of weapons and generally lots to enjoy.
A game everyone should give a chance. It might not be Skyrim but it's the best equivalent for a handheld unless you go for the new Ravensword on iPhone that was a little underwhelming.

Now that's out the way, here are some other games to scratch that RPG itch!

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 6atwbb10
Dragoneer's Aria
For dragons.

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Web510
Blade Dancer
For large open environments.

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Final_10
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
For one of the best RPG experiences with some of the best storytelling in any game ever made

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Valhal10
Valhalla Knights
For real-time combat

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Ys7-110
YS 7
For a nicely designed world to explore

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 92574010
Untold Legends: Brotherhood Of The Blade
For a nice top down open world experience

JUST CAUSE 2

Game most like it

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Pursui10
Pursuit Force
Although it's rather linear and is more of a racing game than anything else, the core gameplay mechanics and completely over-the-top dynamics of the game are very similar to that of the Just Cause games.

But if it's the sprawling open world and taking it to the skies aspects that you enjoy most, then you cannot go wrong with

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 1zvgkh10
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
From bikes to cars to planes to heli's to jetskis. This game is like San Andreas portable but set in good old Vice City. It is not entirely as wacky as Just Cause but one bonus is being able to enter certain interior environments, and those with a hacked PSP will enjoy the cheat device that makes the gameplay all the more ridiculously over-the-top.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Dance Dance Revolution

This may sound easy but I'm expecting a specific answer. >:)
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Ultimate Spiderman
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:31 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Dance Dance Revolution

I don't know anything about faggy games.

tahmidk wrote:
Ultimate Spiderman

eye roll

There's two Spider-Man games on PSP.

If you wanted the graphics style, you are fucked however here are your options:

Games most like it:

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Spider12
Spider-Man 2
However the gameplay is pretty much here in Spider-Man 2. It plays like Spider-Man on console, with levels, but like Ultimate Spider-Man it takes elements outside of the films and from the comics and whatnot (like Rhino vulture and Mysterio). It's actually my favourite spider-man game of the ones I have played.

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Spider13
Spider-Man 3
It's pretty bad. The initial awesomeness of the massive open world is instantly ruined by repetitive gameplay, horrible AI/NPC's, bland world design and the strangely static nature of the world.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Adventure Time Ice King steal our garbage or whatever the fuck it's called
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Sly Cooper
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Fallout 3
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Adventure Time Ice King steal our garbage or whatever the fuck it's called

Zeratul wrote:
Sly Cooper

tahmidk wrote:
Fallout 3

okay, this was meant to be a recommendations thread, not a "throw 100 video game titles at lykos and make him write an essay for each one" thread.

I haven't played any of those games anyway, aside from Fallout. And I already made clear with Skyrim, there's a severe lack of WRPG's.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Silent Hill Shattered Memories on Wii
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Silent Hill Shattered Memories on Wii

That's a tough one.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Dance Dance Revolution

I don't know anything about faggy games.

Sounds like I just won this thread.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Why would you want to play DDR on PSP? The whole point of DDR is using your body, otherwise it's essentially just a giant QTE.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 pm

InFAMOUS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Kinect Sports
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:11 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Why would you want to play DDR on PSP? The whole point of DDR is using your body, otherwise it's essentially just a giant QTE.

You mean like Guitar Hero? DJMax? Rock Band?

I've heard silly things like what you said all the time. Thing is though, any hardcore music game player would play these types of games on any device. Hell, even the actual developers think so:

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Pump_it_up_zero_port_box PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Pump+It+Up+-+Exceed+Portable+%255BK%255D+%255BULKS-46042%255D

"Just a giant QTE" is quite possibly the wrongest thing you can say about these games. How would it be any different from using your feet to hit these "QTEs"? Using your fingers is a great way to practice your timing and hand eye coordination. Developing your skills on a portable device will definitely transfer over to the arcades.

Heavy Rain is a giant QTE but playing that game will in no way help you get better at music games because you learn to focus on the actual music instead of what's on the screen. QTEs rely on your quickest reaction once you see a prompt come on screen. Music games (especially Asian developed) rely on ridiculously good timing in sync with the music.

Lykos, why do I gotta do your job for you?

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Well you don't play Guitar Hero or Rock Band with a normal controller either. Peripherals add a sense of realism, I guess. I'm not saying the peripherals aren't silly, though they do involve mechanics not available on other controllers. But the point of a game called DANCE DANCE Revolution is to, well, DANCE. You can get thumb exercise and work on hand-eye coordination with a zillion other games.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Peripherals add a sense of realism, I guess.

:fuckthat:

Quote :

But the point of a game called DANCE DANCE Revolution is to, well, DANCE. You can get thumb exercise and work on hand-eye coordination with a zillion other games.

Jack pls... like any of the stuff I do or any other hardcore player does can be considered dancing. And yes, you can develop hand eye coordination on pretty much any game (thumb exercise though...? uhhh) but not the kind required for these games. It takes MONTHS to even begin getting into the harder difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Jack pls... like any of the stuff I do or any other hardcore player does can be considered dancing.
Bitch please, you're fabulous.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Firstly Jack.... NO! The peripherals make the game more realistic to bratty kids who have never played a real guitar before. 4 buttons is nothing like 20+ frets and 6 strings.

Secondly, a rhythm game is better without the peripherals.

Lastly, I don't like dancing games Cerna... in fact I hate dancing with a passion.

But this is a good dancing game

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 11673410
Bboy

Teckno wrote:
InFAMOUS.

Argh ps3 exclusives are annoying because I don't have a PS3 so I have limited experience with most of these games. I'm pretty sure there is nothing like InFamous in the sense that there's none of that weird telekenisis shit, but games involving jumping and climbing and all that shit:

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 56206811
Free Running

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Bloodl10
Assassins Creed Bloodlines

Zeratul wrote:
Kinect Sports

Uuughhhhh I realize you're just taking the piss but fuck it.

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Intern10
International Atheletics (sports compilation)

but if you're talking about the kind of camera aspect, there's some augmented reality shit like Invizimals

Which is like an augmented reality pokemon

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Invizi10
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 pm

>make you write massive post
>dont respond

This is why G7 sucks!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 pm

I appreciate your long ass posts, Lykos. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 am

Aw gee, thanks babe :')
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 am

I don't.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 pm

:'(
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
:'(

The fuck you crying about? PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSP Equivalents of console games
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next