Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSP Equivalents of console games

Go down 
+6
NoelX2
ArchAngel
RamboOnRedBull
yonny616
Orion
Orc
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PSP Equivalents of console games Empty
PostSubject: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Exclusivity can be a bitch. Sometimes you want to be able to take a certain game on the road with you but one simply doesn't exist.
Luckily PSP has a vast and varied library in which you are likely to find equivalents when not ports of some of your favourite games.

Name a game and I will tell you the closest thing there is to it on the PSP system, if anything.

ALAN WAKE

Game most like it:

Silent Hill Shattered Memories.
Perhaps this game could also be compared to Heavy Rain, as a major plot-point is the search for your missing daughter, also there is a distinctive lack of combat. However you will spend most the game shining your torch to make your way through sinister environments at night. And the visuals are top-notch.
PSP Equivalents of console games Sh_shm10

POKEMON

Game most like it:

Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
I would point you in the direction of the Digimon games, however they have not been localized as of yet and probably will never be (though some very good bloke is translating it for us, as someone did the same for Monster Hunter). The closest thing aside from those games would be Jewel Summoner, which also takes a top down perspective like the handheld pokemon games. Sadly it is rather linear but the greatly animated 3D monster battles make up for it. PSP Equivalents of console games Mkjs-010

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

PSP Equivalents of console games TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Persona 3 Portable is the equivalent of Persona 3
Disgaea 1 is the equivalent of Disgaea 1
Disgaea 2 is the equivalent of Disgaea 2
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PSP Equivalents of console games PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Uncharted. Any of the three.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PSP Equivalents of console games Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Super Smash Bros.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:51 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Uncharted. Any of the three.

UNCHARTED

Game most like it:

PSP Equivalents of console games Psp_indyandsok_f014d9bdfcdac52d5bd7935c1e71fe5e6

Indiana Jones & The Staff of Kings
Let's be honest here, no PSP game comes even close to the graphical prowess of the Uncharted games. That being said there is a decent selection of games available on the system with similar gameplay style. The most notable would have to be Indiana Jones, which Uncharted was most definitely inspired by. The combat and locations you'll navigate through should satisfy most Uncharted fans. If not, the other options are Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary, both of which will feature more platforming than Staff Of Kings. Take your pick.

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Super Smash Bros.

SUPER SMASH BROS

Game most like it:

PSP Equivalents of console games Power210

Power Stone Collection
Before you ask, no it is nowhere near the standard of the Super Smash Bros games. However its arena brawling gameplay and wacky interactions and a varied cast of characters in interesting stages make it feel familar to SSB fans. On the other hand it is not a straight up rip off (in fact it came out originally on Dreamcast) so it actually feels like a game of its own... a light hearted and quirky one at that, and on the whole it is the closest thing you have on the go.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PSP Equivalents of console games Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

lol, Nice. I didn't count on you being able to come up with the equivalent of a Super Smash Bros. game. Razz
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Mass Effect
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Power Stone is really good.

That is coming from me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:25 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
lol, Nice. I didn't count on you being able to come up with the equivalent of a Super Smash Bros. game. Razz

I can come up with equivalents to ....ev..r.y....ga.m..e...

Zeratul wrote:
Mass Effect

Oh Zeratul... you are actually a cunt.

EDIT:

Okay I've thought about this. There are no games like Mass Effect on psp, hell Mass Effect is one of a kind on any console. But here is what I can give to you.

MASS EFFECT

Closet games to it:

Story

PSP Equivalents of console games 500x_t10
Tactics Ogre
You gave me an impossible game to find a duplicate of, however this game surprisingly has a lot of similar narrative elements. I am going to quote what IGN's Greg Miller wrote on the subject as I haven't played this game yet. Well, this turn-based strategy game is pulling in a Mass Effect-esque story -- I kid you not. You're dealt cards and asked questions about what you'd do if your friend's girlfriend came on to you and other moral dilemmas. Those responses influence how your character is crafted and how they're viewed in the world.
With a character created, it's up to you to decide how you interact with others. Like the richly detailed story/choice system in BioWare's Mass Effect, Tactics Ogre gives you the keys to defining your world and living in it. When NPCs talk to you, you pick your response and live with what that means down the road. (read the whole article here)

Gameplay
You wanted a sci-fi RPG/shooter and I just gave you a tactical rpg, yes I realize that. That being said I thought I would give you another option that is closer to Mass Effect in gameplay.

PSP Equivalents of console games Aya110

The 3rd Birthday
Although the game is very action orientated, moreso than Mass Effect, this revival of the Parasite Eve franchise has an RPG backbone with stat-tracking and upgrading, which essentially makes it that much more similar to Mass Effect than without the rpg elements. Furthermore, the excellent cinematics should appeal to those who enjoy the cinematic quality of the ME games. Just don't expect any space trekking.

Aesthetics

PSP Equivalents of console games Resist11

Resistance: Retribution
The Resistance games have no similarity to Mass Effect whatsoever, but it just so happens that Retribution on PSP has a third person angle, and as it is a sci-fi game you will be in sci-fi/spacey looking locations and using advanced weaponry. So if neither of the two above games appeal to you, this is the aesthetically most similar game to Mass Effect on PSP.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:35 am

I wish my psp didn't break, I had an emulator of chrono trigger and played it 9 hours straight(breaks every hour).
But that's not how it broke, a fault with the battery or something, wouldn't turn on and wouldn't charge.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:29 am

tahmidk wrote:
I wish my psp didn't break, I had an emulator of chrono trigger and played it 9 hours straight(breaks every hour).
But that's not how it broke, a fault with the battery or something, wouldn't turn on and wouldn't charge.

That is very unusual, but then again was it hacked? If not I guess the emulator was a risk. You should always hack your psp before trying this shit, and it's easier than ever now.

Sooooo
Also click here, Tahmidk
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:37 am

Yeah it was hacked with the pandoras battery and special memory stick, pirated soooo many games, I absolutely loved it. No point in buying another one, just going to buy a vita when price drops, the 3d on 3ds looks like complete ass, my cousin has one and it's fucking awful.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 am

tahmidk wrote:
Yeah it was hacked with the pandoras battery and special memory stick, pirated soooo many games, I absolutely loved it. No point in buying another one, just going to buy a vita when price drops, the 3d on 3ds looks like complete ass, my cousin has one and it's fucking awful.

Fair play. I don't know what happened there then.

Hahaha 3D looks like complete ass? Firstly: at least it has games. What are you hoping to play on Vita... like the home screen?

Secondly, the 3D is ass? That's like saying the graphics on Vita are ass, when judging it by Little Deviants. It depends on the game. The 3D is fucking incredible on Lego Lord Of The Rings and adds so much immersion to Legend of Zelda and adds more depth to Super Mario Land. Plus if you don't like the 3D you can turn it off. But if you don't like the 3D on 3DS there is something wrong with you.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 am

Not really, it looked like complete shit.
The game.I played on it was new super Mario bros 2 and it looked garbage with the 3d on.
If you don't agree with the experience that I had then there must be something wrong with you
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:23 am

tahmidk wrote:
Not really, it looked like complete shit.
The game.I played on it was new super Mario bros 2 and it looked garbage with the 3d on.
If you don't agree with the experience that I had then there must be something wrong with you

You are complaining that the 3D doesn't look good... on a side-scroller.

LOL

I haven't played that game but I would be more surprised if they could make 3D look half decent on it. Like Freakyforms, that had god-awful 3D effects.

Try something that has 3D graphics and large open environments. THEN make a judgement on the 3D.

Trust me the 3D in OOT makes it the closest gamers have ever felt to being in Links world.
PSP Equivalents of console games Zelda_ocarina3d_01_thumb
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Hahaha 3D looks like complete ass? Firstly: at least it has games..

Crippled by it's terrible hardware and controls. So basically, it doesn't because I simply could not enjoy even holding the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Crippled by it's terrible hardware and controls. So basically, it doesn't because I simply could not enjoy even holding the damn thing.

Yeah. I guess the fact that it stays true to the same design that won over the hearts of many millions of people and has 4 times the amount of exclusives vita has doesn't make it any more desirable Sad
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Yeah. I guess the fact that it stays true to the same design that won over the hearts of many millions of people and has 4 times the amount of exclusives vita has doesn't make it any more desirable Sad

Are we STILL arguing about Vita and 3DS? I thought that was got you banned in the first place
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Are we STILL arguing about Vita and 3DS? I thought that was got you banned in the first place

Nope, Cerna is just showing his ignorance as usual and I am merely putting him in his place as usual.

By the way what do you think of my response to the Mass Effect request. Not bad eh? eh? eh?
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 pm

You did a good job wolfy. I gave you a hard one.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Zeratul wrote:

I'm sorry, but man the connotations of that post!!!
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Now that I think of it...I suppose the words I used probably werent the best ones to post on this forum. Whatever your probably thinking is not what I meant.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Now that I think of it...I suppose the words I used probably werent the best ones to post on this forum. Whatever your probably thinking is not what I meant.

Oh shut it and give me your hard one again, so I can give you another good job.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 am

Skyrim
Just Cause 2
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Nope, Cerna is just showing his ignorance as usual and I am merely putting him in his place as usual.

By the way what do you think of my response to the Mass Effect request. Not bad eh? eh? eh?

No not really. It's still the reason why I never enjoyed the first system as well. The only thing that won millions of children's hearts was the price that won millions of their parents' hearts. lol

The DS didn't exactly win your heart now did it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSP Equivalents of console games   PSP Equivalents of console games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSP Equivalents of console games
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next