Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! Empty
PostSubject: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:01 am

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! Witch-poster-crop

Quote :
He told us "I'm working on a medieval knight epic right now. I can't say much." That's a vague answer, but a quick trip to his official site confirms it's called The Knight. Even without more details, though, it's an exciting answer. Imagining Eggers bringing the same level of craft as The Witch to a few hundred years prior already sends our imaginations running wild.

Back at Sundance, two days before his first film had even premiered (!), he made a deal with Studio 8:

Quote :
Late Friday, the director closed a deal with Jeff Robinov’s fledgling outfit Studio 8 to write and direct an untitled medieval fantasy, THR has confirmed.

Dude, I'm sold! :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:51 am

Heard good things about The VVitch. Though, I also heard the ending was kinda cliche, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! Z4pMElY

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Mecha wrote:
Heard good things about The VVitch. Though, I also heard the ending was kinda cliche, or something like that.

The film builts up tension, scene after scene, as slowly as needed, right until the ending when the Film explodes and releases the slow build-up to the audience.

Some people preferred the idea of the film to not have that big ending happen, but most people loved the ending, nevertheless. 

It depends on your taste, really.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:06 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

The film builts up tension, scene after scene, as slowly as needed, right until the ending when the Film explodes and releases the slow build-up to the audience.

Some people preferred the idea of the film to not have that big ending happen, but most people loved the ending, nevertheless. 

Okay, you win. I'll watch it at some point. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I wasn't even aware you were trying to argue against watching it, lol. I just wanted to answer you, as it seemed like a question.

I like that I "won", though. 

I won without even trying.

#SWOOSH
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:36 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I wasn't even aware you were trying to argue against watching it, lol. I just wanted to answer you, as it seemed like a question.

#SWOOSH

Not in the theater though, but on Blu-ray. Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

#SWOOSH

Not in the theater though, but on Blu-ray. Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! 2505020059

Oh, I know. 

There aren't enough capeshit for you. Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:48 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

#SWOOSH

Oh, I know. 

There aren't enough capeshit for you. Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! 2505020059

Nope. Going to be too busy watching Deadpool again. Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

#SWOOSH

Oh, I know. 

Nope. Going to be too busy watching Deadpool again. Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! 2505020059

Just proved my point. Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!   Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robert Eggers' next Film is a "Medieval Knight Fantasy Epic" Studio Film!
Page 1 of 1