Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online

Go down 
+4
Stoney
2Sugoi2Die
Mr Canai Spy
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online Pachte10

Quote :
During a talk at the Game Monetization Summit analyst Michael Pachter said he doesn’t see Wii U being supported once next gen systems come out; plus, he thinks its possible Activision will buy a majority stake in Take-tow if not buy it outright,

Here’s a few select quotes from his talk, courtesy of GI International:

Wii U

“I think you’re going to see now with the Wii U, notwithstanding its early launch support, nobody’s going to support it. I don’t think we’re going to see every game on the Wii U next year. I think when next-gen consoles come out they’re going to be better than the Wii U. Call of Duty is amazing on the Wii U this year. The problem with playing Call of Duty online is it’s a community and if there’s only four people playing it on the Wii U it’s no fun. Nobody in their right mind would buy a Wii U and say ‘I’m going to play Call of Duty.’ That’s like saying ‘I gave up Facebook, and it’s Google+ now’.”

Next-gen

“Next-generation consoles are going to have big hard drives, they’re also going to have disc drives. I would guess that the PS4 and the Xbox 720 will have 2 TB hard drives. That pretty much means you can download anything you want and never get rid of anything. You’ll have room for a couple of hundred games, no problem.”

Activision, Bungie

“Vivendi’s going to screw up Activision for the next couple of years, because they’re going to cause them to borrow money and buy back stock. I think the first thing Activision buys is Take-Two, because that fits in very nicely. Activision should buy Zynga – I just don’t think Mark Pincus is a seller. I think Zynga has great assets, they have really good franchises, they have a ton of revenue, and I think run more efficiently they’d make a ton of money. THQ is not investable. Activision and EA make tons of money, so they are interesting investments. Take-Two doesn’t make very much money but they have really great assets, so I think they remain attractive.”

“Prediction: The next Bungie game will be single-player only; the multiplayer aspect of that game will be subscription only.Activision’s going to try it, because they’re greedy pigs, and they’re bold.”

Pachter also discussed digital distribution, and why Zynga is a “train wreck”. He also feels Call of Duty is a failure due to “Activision doing a bad thing with Call of Duty from a profit perspective,” he said. “This multiplayer thing being free was a mistake. I don’t think anybody ever envisioned it would be this big. It’s a mistake because it keeps those people from buying and playing other games.”

Hit the link why don’t you.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:24 am

seems legit, bungie game single player only :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:16 am

Taking the words of Michael Pachter seriously.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 am

>2 TB hard drives

>The next Bungie game will be single-player only

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:03 am

Does your ass ever get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth Patcher?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 am

Whilst he's talking from a greedy, scumbag side of gaming, the investors and CEO's etc, saying that Activision should CHARGE a monthly fee for CoD is disgusting, we already pay top fucking dollar for the game.

Also, thank Buddha his predictions are always wrong, not liking the "Vivendi will buy Take-Two via Activision", I couldn't fathom the thought of yearly releases of Bioshock, Max Payne, GTA, Red Dead etc, all rushed, milked and butchered (come to think of it, wouldn't they be breaking anti-trust laws, creating a monopoly?). Hopefully if they come knocking, Take Two tell them to fuck off like they did EA a few years back.

The one big company left that puts love into their games and gives their devs all the time they need.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Pachter seems to have a healthy cynicism about the gaming industry.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Fuck off Pachter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Why is this guy given any coverage?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 am

When Pachter tries to forsee something, then you know for certain that the exact opposite will happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online   Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: Wii U will flop, next-gen will have 2 TB HDD, and Activision charges for online
Page 1 of 1