Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop

Go down 
+7
Archduke
Chobo
Orc
Stoney
The Enkindler
Orion
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop Empty
PostSubject: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 am

Jesus Christ 3 million a flop? I'm starting to feel anxious about the state of AAA video games.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 am

It's because of the rising game development cost
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:38 am

*Calls 3 million a flop*

:areyoufuckingk
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm

3 million is not a flop! Unless the game had a budget of $100 million then, yeah, maybe, but it's a repetitive, linear, set piece filled game that basically plays for you. I'd be surprised if it had a $25 million budget (Uncharted 2).
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:16 pm

3million buying a game for 40 quid... that's like 120 million quid, and it has only been out one month..... think of the many people waiting for it to go down in price.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:45 pm

They also called Sleeping dogs and Hitman flops because they missed their insane expectations of about 5 Million units. Why does every game out there need to sell 5 million in under a month to be considered a hit. You made a profit, that's not a flop.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^66

Square Enix is on crack. Those games were not flops. They sold pretty well and all had decent to high overall review scores. Hell, I loved Hitman Absolution. 3 Million units sold is still a good number.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
3million buying a game for 40 quid... that's like 120 million quid, and it has only been out one month..... think of the many people waiting for it to go down in price.

I think it would be more like half of that because they sell them to stores who mark up the price on the game. Then there's taxes. Still doesn't sound like a flop to me though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 am

Is this why the sequel went exclusive?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah could be like Bayonetta 2
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Orion wrote:

Nah. It's most likely a regular third party exclusive backed by Microsoft, probably to compete with Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:30 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Orion wrote:

Nah. It's most likely a regular third party exclusive backed by Microsoft, probably to compete with Uncharted.

I keep hearing this but MS has never been concerned about Uncharted. Forza came into the picture to compete with Gran Turismo but that was because GT games were (are) selling 10-15 million copies per title.

Also, I was always under the impression that Uncharted was competing with Gears of War.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Orion wrote:

I keep hearing this but MS has never been concerned about Uncharted. Forza came into the picture to compete with Gran Turismo but that was because GT games were (are) selling 10-15 million copies per title.

Also, I was always under the impression that Uncharted was competing with Gears of War.

Maybe they don't care about what the other guy is doing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Not trying to be a fanboy or anything, but it does seem like Uncharted is becoming more popular than Gears of War.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
Not trying to be a fanboy or anything, but it does seem like Uncharted is becoming more popular than Gears of War.

It does seem that way. Probably because most people stop giving a shit about Gears of Wars after the 3rd game or the massive ND circle jerk going on right now.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Mecha wrote:

Gears of War has been on the downlow for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop   Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Square-Enix: Tomb Raider is a flop
Page 1 of 1