Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs Empty
PostSubject: Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs   Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm

What the hell happened to THQ? They were once a great company. Hopefully 2k sports spicks up the WWE license.
Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs Ubisoft-e3-press-conference
Quote :
Ubisoft chairman and CEO Yves Guillemot isn’t calling THQ’s time of death, but if things go south for the struggling company, Guillemot may be interested in acquiring a few of its top brands.

THQ has been through some hard times lately. A reported net loss of $21 million and the delay of South Park: The Stick of Truth, Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are just the tip of the iceberg for the publisher. The company’s stock dropped 46 percent recently, and while no one is happy to see it struggle, Guillemot understands that things like this are just part of the industry.

“What happened to [THQ] is something that happens regularly when we have transition,” he said to Game Industry. “Some can make it, some decide to go in different direction. It happened with Atari and Midway and also Acclaim last generation. … It’s something that happens in this industry and that’s the way the industry consolidates.”

Certain assets and properties owned by THQ may be up for sale in the near future, and if that happens, Ubisoft may be an interested buyer.

“They have good things,” Guillemot said. “We are always interested in good brands. For sure, it’s something we can consider, but I can’t tell you more.”

THQ is still trying its hardest to stay afloat, but with so many strong properties under the publisher’s roof, expect more than just Ubisoft to start showing interest.
http://stickskills.com/2012/11/13/ubisoft-interested-in-buying-thqs-ips/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs   Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

THQ is going through some real financial trouble and i don't see much future so i can see their IP's being sold to various publishers.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs   Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm

THQ's only hope for survival is being bought. They do have some valuable brands

Saints Row
Darksiders
Red Faction
WWE

If not, they'll end up like Interplay or Midway. Being picked apart selling off studios and IP's to different companies.

If they are bought, I just hope it's not Activision or EA

Someone like Ubisoft, Take-Two, or Zenimax would be alright with me.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs   Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:53 pm

They should buy the whole publisher IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs   Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Chobo wrote:
THQ's only hope for survival is being bought. They do have some valuable brands

Saints Row
Darksiders
Red Faction
WWE

If not, they'll end up like Interplay or Midway. Being picked apart selling off studios and IP's to different companies.

If they are bought, I just hope it's not Activision or EA

Someone like Ubisoft, Take-Two, or Zenimax would be alright with me.

Metro 2033 on xbox 360 and PC was also a good game. Its sequel comes out next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs   Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ubisoft “Interested” In Buying THQ’s IPs
Page 1 of 1