Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie Empty
PostSubject: Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie   Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie Kotick10

Quote :
Call of Duty has all the hallmarks of an action movie – the pounding soundtrack, explosions and lots of rappelling – oh so much rappelling. But don’t expect a movie adaptation of the series ever, says Activision CEO Bobby Kotick.

An article by the New York Times suggests that Kotick feels that a movie adaptation of the shooter franchise would taint the brand and realises that movie adaptations of games rarely please fans.

It follows chatter that the Acti-Blizz World of Warcraft movie is still in the development stages, but many critics questions the worth of taking games to the big screen – given their middling to poor treatment. Next on the adaptation slate is Mass Effect: Paragon Lost, an animated prequel to Mass Effect 3. We’ve also seen Michael Fassbender to sign up for the Assassin’s Creed movie, and Tom Hardy join Ubisoft in bringing Splinter Cell’s Sam Fisher to the big screen.

What’s your take on a Call of Duty move? Would it work? Should it be done? Tell us what you think below.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie   Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 pm

No one wants another overdramatic, generic army movie anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie   Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:10 am

To be honest, he does have a point when he says that games made into movies (and vice-versa) rarely come out that well. Also, there are a lot of military movies already out that I suppose could fill the role.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie   Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:43 am

this makes Michael bay sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie   Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bobby Kotick not interested in a Call of Duty movie
Page 1 of 1