Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Best Spider-Man movie

Go down 
+10
Orc
Archduke
yonny616
NoelX2
Stoney
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
The Enkindler
RamboOnRedBull
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What's your favorite Spider-Man movie?
 Spider-Man
 Spider-Man 2
 Spider-Man 3
 The Amazing Spider-Man
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:39 pm

@Yonny

Oh, so you're just fucking with me then?

I get it, you like Raimi's Spider-Man better. Already heard you the first time.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:54 am

yonny616 wrote:
Never said anything you claiming him being a good villain.

How? I gave my opinion. Spider-Man 1-2 > TASM. Why? Because TASM is basically Spider-Man 1 with a different villain. Only thing that actually saves TASM is the acting.

This.

Except, the only thing I would change here is that The Amazing Spider-Man is just as good (And some times as bad) as the original sam raimi Spider-Man. Though, Spider-Man 2 is still the best, nonetheless.

1. Spider-Man 2 (8.5)
2. The Amazing Spider-Man/Spider-Man (6.0)
3. Spider-Man 3 (4.0)

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:18 am

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be the best out of them all.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 am

Coming from the guy who gives other people shit for trusting rumors, it's quite ironic to see you state something like that with no footage or anything. And if you're going by the rumors, it will be another shitfest all over again.

Just saying. :lulzsec:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:40 am

I'm going by facts. It's being shot on 35mm film, filmed entirely in New York City, great cast including Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Jamie Foxx, and Paul Fucking Giamatti, new writers, new costume, and most important of all... no origin story to get in the way this time.

There are more pros than there is cons.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
I'm going by facts. It's being shot on 35mm film, filmed entirely in New York City, great cast including Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Jamie Foxx, and Paul Fucking Giamatti, new writers, new costume, and most important of all... no origin story to get in the way this time.

There are more pros than there is cons.

The only two valid things here are the good actors and no origin story to hold them back. The rest of them don't influence the story, characters and overall plot points. Then again, The Amazing Spider-Man also had good actors and still managed to get a mixed response from the masses.

And lol @ "new writers" It's the same writer from the first one; the only slight change is that the RE-WRITES will be handled by some new people. Again, RE-WRITES being the key word here. There's a big difference in those two.

You're also forgetting that it will feature Rhino, a love triangle and need to cramp Peter's parent's backstory, introduce 2 new main characters (Harry and Mary Jane), further develop the relationship between Peter and Gwen stacy, along with the idea of also having 2 villains (Electro & Rhino), with a possible third villain as well - all under two and a half hours. In other words, it'll become more of a mess than the original, and will most likely also end up with underdeveloped ideas that won't be justified.

There are as many cons as pros here. It's silly to think otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:14 pm

It STILL has new writers though.

Also if The Avengers has seven superheroes, S.H.I.E.L.D., and two villains plus Chitauri then The Amazing Spider-Man 2 should have no problem doing the same. Also a lot of the things you pointed out are just rumors. Like the love triangle for example. No one said anything about having a love triangle in the film.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Mecha wrote:

Also if The Avengers has seven superheroes, S.H.I.E.L.D., and two villains plus Chitauri then The Amazing Spider-Man 2 should have no problem doing the same. Also a lot of the things you pointed out are just rumors. Like the love triangle for example. No one said anything about having a love triangle in the film.

I don't think you even know the difference between writing a screenplay, and re-writing certain moments and pieces of dialogue... The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 1443829230

Oh yeah, since The Avengers did it that means it's going to work perfectly for EVERY OTHER MOVIE OUT THERE? Am I right? Again, it didn't work out in the first Spider-Man, and since the 2nd one will have the same writer behind it, it's pretty logical to think some of the same flaws might happen here.

I also find it hilarious how you claim you're stating this off of "facts", yet you're ASSUMING it will work for the Spider-Man sequel because another movie - with a completely different writer - made it work? Really?

Also, before you start to sidestep too much: We're arguing about how the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man will be the best one of them all due to facts, not about whether some things in the movie will work out for the better or not. And the funny thing here is that you only provided TWO so-called "facts" that work in your benifit; the rest have nothing to do with the actual story nor plot points.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:51 pm

lol, Y so serious, Rambro?

Actually the new writers are writing the screenplay. So yeah...

I find it funny how you talk about the story, yet you're being highly critical over something you haven't even seen yet. The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 725796345
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Mecha wrote:
lol, Y so serious, Rambro?

Actually the new writers are writing the screenplay. So yeah...

I find it funny how you talk about the story, yet you're being highly critical over something you haven't even seen yet. The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 725796345

You just proved my point, dipshit.

You claimed:

Quote :
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be the best out of them all.

To which, you defended yourself by stating:

Quote :
I'm going by facts.

So again, YOU were the one claiming it to be a FACT that it's going to be better, but when I call you out on it you respond with an ironic comment that I can't judge it because I haven't seen it yet....

Nice way to cop-out and act like a child all over again. Not like this is the first time you do it, though. The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Well yeah. The only problem with The Amazing Spider-Man was the retelling of the origin, which you were highly critical about. Now that the the origin story is out of the way, you're so desperate to look for new things to nitpick on. I'm not saying The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be the best superhero film of all time, but it shouldn't have too much trouble topping the first four movies.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Well yeah. The only problem with The Amazing Spider-Man was the retelling of the origin, which you were highly critical about. Now that the the origin story is out of the way, you're so desperate to look for new things to nitpick on. I'm not saying The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be the best superhero film of all time, but it shouldn't have too much trouble topping the first four movies.

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVl4U6J9YFd-MoUitZVoW6EDcfO_jmflMrf_VAEhzCOlyZDx59
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Mecha wrote:

Seven heroes that already were established in their own film, S.H.I.E.L.D. had been established in the set up films, 1 villain had like 2 mins of screen time (which were after credits) and the other was developed in Thor and the Chitauri were simple bad guy army, nothing more, nothing less.

TASM 2 will introduce NEW characters MJ and Harry, have NEW villains Electro and Rhino (and possible Green Goblin), possibly have a love triangle along developing Gwen and Peters relationship, develop on Peters parent story, and develop on finding uncle Ben's killer.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:25 pm

So?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:26 pm

@Yonny

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 1252304772912
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Seems like Rambo isn't a fan of The Sinister Six then.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:30 pm

@Rambo
The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 Bro-Fist-lvl-99_o_116280

@Mecha You're comparing a film which had to only develop on stuff that was established in the set-up films, to a film that has to develop on things that were established in the first film, while bringing in new things and developing on those new things.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Is that a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:53 am

Mecha, sometimes I don't know whether you're trolling or just this much of a cop out. :content:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 am

But I'm saying, what's your point? lol. Plus I can't take you seriously since you like The Dark Knight Rises so much. Which I don't even consider it a real Batman movie.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 pm

inb4 The Dark Knight Rises arguments because Mecha has debate ADD.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:50 pm

If you don't see the point then it's just your blind love of Webb's mediocre spidey. -__- Still a film miles better than TASM. Also what's TDKRises have to do with any of this?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm

We're talking about The Amazing Spider-Man 2, NOT the original. You're criticism on the reboot is now relevant.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:46 pm

:ORLY: I had no idea. eye roll I called it Webb's mediocre spidey, and webb is still directing, so yeah, he is still Webb's mediocre spidey.

Quote :
You're criticism on the reboot is now relevant.
I know it is.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:54 pm

You're not making any sense at all. But I guess that comes to no surprise coming from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best Spider-Man movie
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next