Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Best Spider-Man movie

Go down 
+10
Orc
Archduke
yonny616
NoelX2
Stoney
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
The Enkindler
RamboOnRedBull
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What's your favorite Spider-Man movie?
 Spider-Man
 Spider-Man 2
 Spider-Man 3
 The Amazing Spider-Man
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 am

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 Tumblr22
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am

Even though I liked it less the second time, I'm still gonna go with The Amazing Spider-Man. Raimi really goofed in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 am

Raimi still did a better job than Marc Webb.

I'd give The Amazing Spider-Man a decent 6/10. It was lazy and silly, but had better acting, nonetheless.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Spiderman 1 & 2 destroy TASM

Spidey 1 8/10
Spidey 2 8.5/10
Spidey 3 4/10
TASM 5/10

Spidey 1 without William Dafoe 5/10
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:21 pm

My ratings would be a 2.5/4 for Spider-Man, a 1.5/4 for Spider-Man 2, a 2/4 for Spider-Man 3, and a 3/4 for The Amazing Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:37 pm

SM1 and TASM came the closest to being great movies, but none of them are that great. In fact , I've finally come to the realization that I hate Spider-Man. Reason being? Peter Parker is a Terrible character! He just comes off as a whiny brat. He is one of the most immature character I have ever seen. In the movies, the comics, etc. I hate Peter Parker.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Peter rarely whines in the comics, and when he does whine he has a legit fucking reason. He got his uncle killed. His parents were killed by red skull and branded as traitors. He ended up snapping the.neck of his first love. Norman osborn killed aunt may in front of him. Norman osborn bangs his love and gets her pregnant. His best friend dies. His aunt didn't actually die, yay. Then she gets shot and is dying. Then mephisto erases his marriage, happiness and love. Doc ock steals his life and no one knows he died. That's just off the top of my head.

Tbh I think all the Spiderman films fail to portray an actual Spiderman story or peter parker well
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Did you even watch the video i posted?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:52 pm

@tahmidk

You're a hypocrite. How can you criticise comic book movies for not being faithful, yet say Raimi's Spider-Man was better? :jackie:

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Mecha wrote:
@tahmidk

You're a hypocrite. How can you criticise comic book movies for not being faithful, yet you like Raimi's Spider-Man better? :jackie:

Because Peter Parker isn't a skater dickbutt that is incredibly attractive and gets girls pre spider bite. And he's not a giraffe. And Curt Connors was portrayed so well. Im not discussing this further with u because in every topic u seem to have a total hard on for Andrew Garfield's Spiderman.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:13 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@tahmidk

You're a hypocrite. How can you criticise comic book movies for not being faithful, yet you like Raimi's Spider-Man better? :jackie:

Because Peter Parker isn't a skater dickbutt that is incredibly attractive and gets girls pre spider bite. And he's not a giraffe. And Curt Connors was portrayed so well. Im not discussing this further with u because in every topic u seem to have a total hard on for Andrew Garfield's Spiderman.

ive been saying this for months
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 pm

lol, and Tobey Maguire was any better how? All he did was cry, mope, hardly made any wise-cracks, too obsessed with MJ, and didn't bother saving the victim from getting mugged in Spider-Man 2.

Incredibly attractive? He looks average to me. Is there something you're not telling us tahmidk? Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Don't even go there, Mecha. Andrew Garfield is one handsome gent with an incredibly defined posterior.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Tobey and Garfield are both shitty Peter's in their own ways. But TASM had a fucking garbage retarded villain. William Dafoe Osborn > Very poorly done Curt Connors
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:47 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Tobey and Garfield are both shitty Peter's in their own ways. But TASM had a fucking garbage retarded villain. William Dafoe Osborn > Very poorly done Curt Connors

Actually, I thought all of the villains in the Spider-Man films sucked.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm

You don't dare utter anything remotely negative about. William Dafoe's Osborn, IT WAS PERFECT
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm

That's what I hate about the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films. He made the villains way too sympathetic.

Doctor Octopus is suppose to be a lot more evil than how he's portrayed on film. William Dafoe was perfect as Norman Osborn, but his Green Goblin is now silly by today's standards. I hope in the sequels they make him darker and use elements of classic Green Goblin mixed with Ultimate Green Goblin.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:12 pm

And the Lizard was such a great villain in TASM.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Never said The Lizard was a great villain. Despite the fact how awesome he was in The Spectacular Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Mecha wrote:
That's what I hate about the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films. He made the villains way too sympathetic.
Wasn't Dr. Connors the same? He was a sympathetic villain that went insane from a bad lab experiment. Rings one heavy bell.

Matter of the fact is The Amazing Spider-Man isn't even in Raimi's first two spidey film's league. And with the 2nd going all Twilight love triangle b.s. I have little faith in it.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 pm

tahmidk wrote:
You don't dare utter anything remotely negative about. William Dafoe's Osborn, IT WAS PERFECT

No he wasn't. He was cheesy, silly, and didn't really seem like much of a threat.

HE SUCKED. DEAL WITH IT.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

I think Willem Dafoe was the only redeeming factor about Spider-Man. He went so over-the-top and chewed all the scenery. You could tell he was having fun with the role. I dunno if it was "good" in the traditional acting sense, but it was enjoyable to watch at the very least. I think in terms of acting, Rhys Ifans as Dr. Connors was probably the best of any Spider-Man film. Maybe Thomas Haden Church as Sandman as well. Alfred Molina tried too hard to be Willem Dafoe, James Franco is just a shitty actor, and Topher Grace was the wrong guy to play Venom.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Wasn't Dr. Connors the same? He was a sympathetic villain that went insane from a bad lab experiment. Rings one heavy bell.

Matter of the fact is The Amazing Spider-Man isn't even in Raimi's first two spidey film's league. And with the 2nd going all Twilight love triangle b.s. I have little faith in it.

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 1443829230

Once again, I never said The Lizard was a great villain. Plus Dr. Connors is suppose to be sympathetic. However, I didn't think they truly brought justice to the character though.

Also I love how you're turning this into a Sam Raimi vs. Marc Webb debate, when that's not what I was even talking about.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 pm

How could.u.not.expect this.to turn into a raimi vs webb debate? Look at the topic title
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Never said anything you claiming him being a good villain.

How? I gave my opinion. Spider-Man 1-2 > TASM. Why? Because TASM is basically Spider-Man 1 with a different villain. Only thing that actually saves TASM is the acting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Spider-Man movie   The Best Spider-Man movie - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best Spider-Man movie
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next