Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?

Go down 
+2
igame
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:28 am

Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? Ffv13310

Quote :
Kotaku’s rumouring that Final Fantasy Versus XIII has been cancelled after six years of production.

The site has heard from “several sources” that the RPG has been cancelled, with one saying the decision was made on the project in the recent weeks.

The suggestion is that there isn’t to be an official announcement in an effort to protect Square’s share price, but that the game will rather just fade away.

The game’s resources have apparently been folded into another game, reportedly the next numeric Final Fantasy title, Final Fantasy XV.

It was reported this morning that Square’s readying to make FFXIII announcements on September 1.

Fade away

The development of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is legendary for all the wrong reasons. Square announced the title more than six years ago as part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis saga.

In recent months, dev lead Tetusya Nomura had clearly grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of progress with the game. He promised in January that a new real-time demo was to be shown, but then added in March that “totally unrelated” circumstances were stopping more details being released.

Versus XIII only entered full production towards the end of last year.

The last moving footage was reported on was in late 2010.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:31 am

wasnt ffv13 turned into ff14??
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 am

shigdig wrote:

FF14 was released in 2010
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:15 am

igame wrote:
shigdig wrote:

ohhh it was ff15 then
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:32 am

Good. I stopped giving a fuck about FFvs13 2 years ago. Maybe now they can release Kingdom Hearts 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:15 pm

It was inevitable. Kinda sucks, but hopefully we can get Final Fantasy XV with this battle system.
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 pm

shigdig wrote:
igame wrote:
shigdig wrote:

ohhh it was ff15 then
The FF15 announcement was fake, Square Enix themselves debunked it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 am

Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:02 am

Square Enix CEO debunked the rumor, the game is still in development.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/24/square-enix-boss-confirms-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-still-in-production/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:06 pm

^^^^ Why? The FF series is basically dead at this point. The last few games were horrible. They also haven't sold very well.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:21 pm

^^

Lies. FFXIII sold upwards of 4m.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Only game i'm waiting for from Square at this point is FFX HD.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:39 pm

igame wrote:
Only game i'm waiting for from Square at this point is FFX HD.

THIS. FFX is amazing. I cannot wait until it drops on PSN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?   Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?
Page 1 of 1