Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Age 2 Review

Go down 
+8
Orc
Ihsahn
Based Sonji
Stoney
Jack the Spectre
Azazel
NoelX2
Pein
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Dragon Age 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 am

THE STORY
the story is about hawke..he/she is a refugee from lothering.Lothering is attacked during the first game and the game starts as hawke's family tries to escape to kirkwall because their mother has a brother there and her family is noble.when they arrive to kirkwall,they find out that their uncle gambled the money and gave the house to some slavers.
From there on the game starts.the story is told by varric,a companion in the game which he tells the story while being interogated by a woman named casandra pentagast and she is interested about hawke.the story is freaking awesome.this is by far the best bioware story so far in any game or probably any rpg in my opinion.the awesome characters,the storyline and how it starts slowly and then it picks up the pace and it becomes awesome.the story is awesome and i think it deserves the perfect score..

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are improved from the first game,but they still have problems.some characters look weird and there is framerate during battles with a lot of enemies and sometimes there's texture pop-ins..loading is a bit long but other than that the graphics are pretty awesome..great animations and great voice acting is what the graphics have the most

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay is improved over than the first one in my opinion.its more faster,fluid and it can also be more tactical.theres tons of side quests,missions etc..i have to say that the game isn't open world,and it's more limited than the first one.but bioware's decision of making the game is more for the story than the gameplay and the graphics.that is good but the gameplay is sometimes a bit boring and sometimes theres difficulty spikes when tons of enemies are all around you and you can't kill one yet all the enemies..the gameplay is solid for the most part but if you wanted open world enviroment,you don't have it here..

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
dragon age 2 will eat your days like breakfast..its incredibly fun,the story is the best story in any rpg game in my opinion and the voice acting is pretty good..this game is only for dragon age fans..if you loved the first one,you will love this more,if you didn't liked the first one,this will do very little to change your mind but other than..dragon age 2 doesn't dissapoint and its a awesome story experience from the beginning to end

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:DRAGON AGE 2 GETS A...
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:51 pm

How do you get the games early?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Dragon Age 2 Review 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

While I can't know his method for sure, I believe you can get them early through a modified console or knowing a gamestop employee who is willing to give you such things early, or neither.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Dragon Age 2 Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Or giving great BJs to the right people.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

While I can't know his method for sure, I believe you can get them early through a modified console or knowing a gamestop employee who is willing to give you such things early, or neither.
my friend works at a video game store and i begged him to give me the game early since from tomorrow,i have a lot to study so i got it and beat it as fast as i could hehe
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:11 pm

"If you loved the first, you'll love this"

Go to the Bioware forums and see all the hate the demo got from the fans of the original.

I'll pick this up because it's more like Mass Effect, except in a fantasy setting.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Pein wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

my friend works at a video game store and i begged him to give me the game early since from tomorrow,i have a lot to study so i got it and beat it as fast as i could hehe
Lucky. :x
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:28 am

Stoney wrote:

Go to the Bioware forums and see all the hate the demo got from the fans of the original.

I'll pick this up because it's more like Mass Effect, except in a fantasy setting.

to tell you the truth..i didn't really digged the combat on the demo..but when i got the game..i got soo used and origins looks fucking boring and shitty right now..this game is awesome.some people from the first one appear and you will be surprised who appears and there are some really emotional moments in the game..this game has the best story in any rpg game ever made..even better than ff7 and any rpg you can think off.i doubt that mass effect 3 will top this..it might but fuck,it will be hard
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Pein wrote:
Stoney wrote:

this game has the best story in any rpg game ever made..even better than ff7 and any rpg you can think off.i doubt that mass effect 3 will top this..it might but fuck,it will be hard

ROFLLMFAOBBQSAUCEOMFGZORG

Dude, I haven't played the game yet, but I highly, highly doubt it. It isn't even about FFVII. There have been some AMAZING RPGs with AMAZING stories. I doubt DA2 tops them.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
Pein wrote:
Stoney wrote:

this game has the best story in any rpg game ever made..even better than ff7 and any rpg you can think off.i doubt that mass effect 3 will top this..it might but fuck,it will be hard

Dude, I haven't played the game yet, but I highly, highly doubt it. It isn't even about FFVII. There have been some AMAZING RPGs with AMAZING stories. I doubt DA2 tops them.

i guarantee you this game has the best story in any rpg game..its soo detailed,its soo full of emotion and characters with personal backgrounds and explaining everything..this is the perfect story in any rpg game i can think off..and trust me dude..i have played tons of rpg's
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Pein wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
Pein wrote:
Stoney wrote:

i guarantee you this game has the best story in any rpg game..its soo detailed,its soo full of emotion and characters with personal backgrounds and explaining everything..this is the perfect story in any rpg game i can think off..and trust me dude..i have played tons of rpg's

I highly, highly, highly doubt it. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:26 pm

So, like, are you going to get all butthurt if I criticize your review? Or can I freely and constructively give you criticism?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
So, like, are you going to get all butthurt if I criticize your review? Or can I freely and constructively give you criticism?

LOL..just ask me anything you want.ill answer
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 am

Pein wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:

He's going to go straight for your grammar and spelling. But English isn't your first language right? You're from Macedonia?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:25 am

I lol'd
9/10 graphics????
Dragon Age 2 Review Dragon-age-ii-20110215015739299_640w
9/10 graphics????
Dragon Age 2 Review Dragon-age-2-20110112105205537_640w
9/10 graphics????
Dragon Age 2 Review Dragon-age-2-20110112105209787_640w

They're good but not great.
Should be 8/10 maximum.

Quote :
the story is freaking awesome.
Quote :
.the awesome characters
Quote :
and it becomes awesome
Quote :
the story is awesome
(all this in a single paragraph)

Apart from that. Interesting review, you did give a pretty good insight of the game.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 am

Lykos wrote:
I lol'd
9/10 graphics????
Dragon Age 2 Review Dragon-age-ii-20110215015739299_640w
9/10 graphics????
Dragon Age 2 Review Dragon-age-2-20110112105205537_640w
9/10 graphics????
Dragon Age 2 Review Dragon-age-2-20110112105209787_640w

They're good but not great.
Should be 8/10 maximum.

Quote :
the story is freaking awesome.
Quote :
.the awesome characters
Quote :
and it becomes awesome
Quote :
the story is awesome
(all this in a single paragraph)

Apart from that. Interesting review, you did give a pretty good insight of the game.

i have 1080p tv.. and to me it looks pretty awesome..it has better graphics than the first one thats for sure
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 am

Stoney wrote:
Pein wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:

He's going to go straight for your grammar and spelling. But English isn't your first language right? You're from Macedonia?
yes it isn't my first language and yes i am from macedonia
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Well, yes the grammar and spelling were a concern, but it was more so the coherency and structure of your review. But if it isn't your first language then that makes much more sense. My bad then.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Just because you play on a 1080p TV doesn't make the graphics awesome...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Dragon Age 2 Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm with Sonji on that. Dragon Age II looks pretty average.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:

Yea, in fact it may look worse because the game itself runs internally at 720p and then scales to 1080p. You get image artifacting with more scaling. So basically most console games look better on a 720p TV (usually 1366 X 768 pixels). Fun fact of the day.

The visuals looked alright. Nothing better than average.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:

Yea, in fact it may look worse because the game itself runs internally at 720p and then scales to 1080p. You get image artifacting with more scaling. So basically most console games look better on a 720p TV (usually 1366 X 768 pixels). Fun fact of the day.

Some TV's add artificial frames. Just the FYI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 pm

It looks terrible, IMO. It's not going to age at all.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:

Some TV's add artificial frames. Just the FYI.

Yea, those TVs that are like 240 hz or something. They make me sick when I play/watch on them.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 am

Dragon Age 2 Review By82a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age 2 Review   Dragon Age 2 Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age 2 Review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next