Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon's Dogma Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Dragon's Dogma Review Empty
PostSubject: Dragon's Dogma Review   Dragon's Dogma Review I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:30 am

THE STORY
the story is set in a fictional land called The Gransys.
Some giant dragon that has slept for god knows how long awakens again and tries to destroy the world.
At first the storyline is interesting because he plucks your heart out with his giant fingernail and eats it.
Your character will survive but he will tell you that when you are strong enough,you will face him.
After the intro,you meet this mysterious beings called the pawns that are exactly like the humans but they are emotionless and they only serve the Arisen (your character).From there on,the main storyline starts and you are trying to track down the dragon.
Now the storyline isn't bad but at the end of the game,a lot of crazy shit happens and you are left unanswered,the ending is probably the biggest WTF ending ive seen in a video game so far,its really weird.The biggest problem of the story is not that its not frequent like the reviewers were saying,its that it drags on.the weird thing is that if you choose to beat the dragon and then you are going to kill him,the storyline continues for 5 more hours,which is a big WTF and on top of the weird ending.The characters are all the stereotypical japanese characters that you see in final fantasy and the only coolest character in the whole game is the dragon,though he only appears at the beginning and at the SUPPOSED end to the game i was hoping,he was pretty cool,his voice was awesome and his dialogue was really well done.All and all the storyline fails on the last 3-5 hours and destroys it for me.

so for the storyline

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics at first are a mixed bag.The character models are okay,some of them are not so good,the textures in some walls and mostly in the cities are last gen,theres A LOT AND I MEAN A LOOOOOOOOOT of clipping.Holy shit,i have no words,every fucking character and sometimes bosses or enemies appear right in front of you out of nowhere which irritates me a lot of times.But with all that said,the graphics are good.I may sound weird but trust me when i say the graphics are actually good.The enviroments,the land and the cities are excellent,the creature designs are ultra awesome,the atmosphere when it shifts to day or night,or when you are inside a city,or when you are in a not-so deserted catacomb is freaking amazing,everything about that is great,the enviroments are different and the cities are well done

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay for me saved the WHOLE GAME for me.This probably has the best gameplay for any rpg this generation in my opinion.
First of all,the combat is awesome,you can choose 3 classes at the beginning and you can change them anytime you like,PLUS you can mix the classes anytime you like,like for a example
i started the game as a strider,i was equiped with a bow and daggers.
Later on i went with the magick archer class,which you have a magical bow that shoot all kinds of crazy magical arrows plus with a staff like the mages do,you also have levels that you can level up as you more and more use the hybrid classes and unlock special attacks.The game at the beginning is pretty challenging,especially if you try to attack the bigger monsters or bosses,you need to level up more so that you can defeat them.As i said theres also pawns,you can also create a main pawn that will be your companion till the end of the game from scratch,you can also summon two other extra pawns to come with you so that you can plow through the quests easily.Now people might be turned of to find that there's no fast travel in the game.Later on you find a item called the ferrystone that returns you to the capital city Gran Soren,where most of the quests and story is centered there,but there's no fast travel like in skyrim.For me that didn't really bothered me much,because everytime you go outside,you will find something new and interesting like caves,quarries,catacombs,giant towers etc..
the enemies arent random like in most open world games.
Every enemy has its special place,also when night comes,the enemies are 2x times stronger and theres more dangerous enemies,so when night comes,just quickly rush through the capital and rest at inn quickly.The coolest thing as i said its the combat,there's alot of tactics and variety but also you can scale a giant monster like in shadow of colossus and its pretty epic.Overall i liked the gameplay the most,this game really has a lot of quests and a big world to explore.The gameplay for me was perfect

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
the fun factor like the gameplay was also good for me.There's A LOT to do,the quests are long,the main storyline is painfully long,there's alot of classes,new game plus,that being said the game is just filled with content and there's more quests and items on the way via dlc.the storyline was good at first but it went WTF at the end of the game,the graphics are good but nothing more BUT the gameplay is excellent and thats what matters for me.I HAD tons of fun this past whole week just playing this game and it really paid off

so for the fun factor

Final Score:Dragon's Dogma Gets A...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Dogma Review   Dragon's Dogma Review I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:56 am

YOU USED FULL STOPS Dragon's Dogma Review 2505020059
Well at some points. Razz

Nice review.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Dogma Review   Dragon's Dogma Review I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:14 am

Would be sooooo much better if it had online co op.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's Dogma Review   Dragon's Dogma Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon's Dogma Review
Page 1 of 1