Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]

Go down 
+5
Based Sonji
igame
Stigma
Mecha
NoelX2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] Empty
PostSubject: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:38 pm

My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] 120

Ubisoft was by far the best one, followed by EA and Nintendo who did a solid job, followed by sony which was watchable and at the bottom microsoft which sucked donkey dick aside from halo 4.

Last edited by Toxicmaniac on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Lol F+

Ubisoft's conference was great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 pm

So you won't be with us during the Sony press conference?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Why does EA get a higher score than Microsoft even though they both only had 3 good things?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Stigma wrote:
Why does EA get a higher score than Microsoft even though they both only had 3 good things?
Because EA only had 3 negatives as opposed to 7 negatives.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Stigma wrote:

Oh really?

I don't see how that's relevant. You could nitpick any conference and come up with a bunch of negatives. I mean he put Blacks Ops 2 and multiplats as two negatives. Fact remains they still only have 3 positives each.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 am

Stigma wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Stigma wrote:

Oh really?

I don't see how that's relevant. You could nitpick any conference and come up with a bunch of negatives. I mean he put Blacks Ops 2 and multiplats as two negatives. Fact remains they still only have 3 positives each.

It is pretty relevant in the world of mathematics.

MS had 3 positives and 10 negatives (i put 9 since your point about BLOPS 2 and multiplats makes sense)
3/9 = 33%

EA had 3 positives and 6 negatives
3/6 = 50%

Sure it may be flawed because it doesn't come up to be the letter grade he gave, but i hope you see the point i'm trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:25 am

Then negatives outshine the positives stigma. Thats pretty common logic.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:53 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Then negatives outshine the positives stigma. Thats pretty common logic.

It just looks like nitpicking to me. Another example is the 3 "low budget" exclusives which are actually arcade games, and the "short" teasers, teasers are meant to be short. And even though Gears J only had a teaser they still had booths where people could play the new Overrun mode.

I mean if I wanted to nitpick EA I could point out that Sim's has always online DRM. Or how they took no risks and everything was just sequels to existed franchises.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 am

Those "nitpicking" where just things that bothered me. Its all opinion.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:51 am

Watch_Dogs stole the fucking show. That game looks absolutely amazing if they can pull it off. I'm wondering how open-ended it will be. What would have happened if he waited for the man inside the club? What if he never changed the lights but instead shot his tires? SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:43 am

Disagree with beyond although it looked good it was a boring trailer also I thought forza horizon looked beast
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 am

Man, Nintendo better save this year's E3. I don't want another E3 2011 all over again.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 am

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Disagree with beyond although it looked good it was a boring trailer also I thought forza horizon looked beast

What did you find boring about it? Ellen Page murdering kidnappers and getting interviewed by a police officer. Sounds pretty entertaining to me.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 am

Stigma, you wouldn't be defending Microsoft if you actually saw the press conference. I mean half the show wasn't even about games and the other half had no real surprises. By the way, Toxic is giving his opinions on the show, the booths don't count.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:10 am

Nintendos gonna have a whole conference devoted to 3DS tomorrow apparently.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:39 pm

I'd say Sony won between the big three and Ubisoft had the best conference overall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Agree with Duke, i thought Nintendo would win but their conference lacked interesting
Wii U games other than Zombi U, and it wasn't even a live demo, just a trailer of
someone playing.

They did not mention the Network, features, hardware specs, or price for the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]   My press conference reviews [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My press conference reviews [COMPLETE]
Page 1 of 1