Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Best Albums Of 2010

Go down 
+8
NoelX2
Dam_Noir
UltraZFury
Archduke
Based Sonji
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
Orc
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

The Best Albums Of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 pm

It has been a rather good year for music, and seeing as this section of the forum is kind of empty, I'm going to share something I made earlier.
Top 12 Albums of 2010.
A couple of very lucky people have seen this wonderful masterpiece of a topic on the xbox republic but for the very first time ever, it's going to be revealed on the one and only, Generation 7 forum!
Yes.
Feel free to share your own personal favourites :)

EQUILIBRIUM: REKREATUR
The Best Albums Of 2010 Equili10
Equilibrium is one of the strangest and most wonderful melodic death metal bands out there (moreso than their fellow Germans, rammstein). They combine ridiculous kinds of instruments into their music and the result is phenomenal. The entire album, Rekreatur is surprisingly upbeat yet somewhat dark and ferocious (for lack of a better word) and it is simply their best album yet. Rekreatur is an album everyone has to hear.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD: NIGHTMARE
The Best Albums Of 2010 Cd-ave10
Whether you love them or hate them, the new album is one you should be impressed by. Despite the untimely death of their drummer, the band have managed to still pull through and give us an album worthy of the A7X name. It's filled with utterly beautiful songwriting and you owe it to yourself to give this album a chance.

HELLYEAH: STAMPEDE
The Best Albums Of 2010 Hellye10
With two of it's members roots coming from the legendary band, Pantera, there are high expectations of Hellyeah and so it is very easy to overlook this album due to the way that it bears little similarity to them but if you're willing to hear a different direction in metal, this album is full of great moments that make it worth listening to many times over.

STONE SOUR: AUDIO SECRECY
The Best Albums Of 2010 Stone-10
Fans of Slipknot or even Stone Sour's first album were perhaps a little dismayed at the slightly more mainstream direction in Stone Sour's record: Come Whatever May. With Audio Secrecy, this is even more noticable but that being said, there are tracks which are undeniably catchy and even the most narrow-minded listeners will get hooked into some of the songs.

GRAND MAGUS: HAMMER OF THE NORTH
The Best Albums Of 2010 Grand-10
To even the most enthusiastic metalheads, this band isn't particularly recognisable. But that is no reason to look past them. This album has some of the finest metal songs around today. Grand Magus are effectively the new Judas Priest and if you consider yourself a metal fan, there is no reason why you shouldn't give this album a try.

ALTER BRIDGE: III
The Best Albums Of 2010 Alter-10
Don't judge a book by it's cover. Sure, 3 is barely a creative title for an album but consider even Led Zeppelin took the number route when naming their albums. And they were masterpieces. As is Alter Bridge III. There is simply no song on this album that is anything less than great. This is not only one of the best albums of the year but Alter Bridge are easily one of the best bands around today.

DEATH ANGEL: RELENTLESS RETRIBUTION
The Best Albums Of 2010 Death-10
There are enough thrash bands out there to keep thrash fans happy so what reason is there to listen to Death Angel? I'm going to tell you. Relentless Retribution has all the typical traits of thrash but it has a darker vibe, a more brutal tone and a modern sound. Most importantly, it feels fresh and exciting. Check this album out.

IRON MAIDEN: THE FINAL FRONTIER
The Best Albums Of 2010 Iron-m10
30 years since their first album, Iron Maiden are still going strong. That being said, Dickinson is beginning to show his age, as you'll notice vocals slightly weak in some areas. Of course, that's only if I'm being very picky. From start to finish, the Final Frontier is a great album and is a nice way to continue the Maiden legacy.

DISTURBED: ASYLUM
The Best Albums Of 2010 Distur10
No matter how much the band stress the way they're taking a "new direction" in their music, Disturbed fans always know what to expect. This can be seen as good or bad, depending on your views on Disturbed's music. All I can say is that you won't be disappointed with this album, it's consistent as the others and has enough crushing riffs and pumping vocals to keep you coming back to Disturbed once more.

DEMON HUNTER: THE WORLD IS A THORN
The Best Albums Of 2010 Demon-10
The metalcore scene is an extremely hit & miss genre in my eyes and there are few I like very much, but if I can pick any, it's Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter have the driving force of death metal but at times show their gentle, deeper side. I couldn't help but think that this album doesn't live up to Storm The Gates Of Hell, in my opinion their best album, but nonetheless, it's a good album.

SABATON: COAT OF ARMS
The Best Albums Of 2010 Sabato10
Sabaton proved with every album that they can be extremely powerful and awesome but slightly cheesy at the same time. Coat Of Arms follows suit and it is quite possibly their best album so far. There is just so much to like and so little to criticise about this record, if you can look past the extremely cheesy keyboard synth melodies, you're in for a treat.

ELVENKING: RED SILENT TIDES
The Best Albums Of 2010 Elvenk10
Many will be on the fence with Elvenking's new album, Red Silent Tides. It merges melodic death metal with folk and power metal and perhaps many other influences which I've failed to notice. The music is certainly well written, but perhaps the slight pop-esque edge on a few tracks will not appeal to all metal fans. In spite of this, Red Silent Tides is a decent album that has many well written songs and a nice twist on the genre.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Best Albums Of 2010 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 pm

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Nightmare by Kanye West
How I Got Over by The Roots
Plastic Beach by Gorillaz
TRON: Legacy by Daft Punk/Hans Zimmer

I didn't know Disturbed came out with a new album. Their last one I listened to was Indestructible, which is probably my favorite album of theirs. I'll have to check it out, they've got a really kick-ass sound.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:39 pm

TRF wrote:

I didn't know Disturbed came out with a new album. Their last one I listened to was Indestructible, which is probably my favorite album of theirs. I'll have to check it out, they've got a really kick-ass sound.

:pale:

I thought you listened to good music man? Razz Remember Ensiferum? What happened to listening to awesome stuff like that? I mean, Kanye west? The Best Albums Of 2010 21888
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Best Albums Of 2010 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:41 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:

I thought you listened to good music man? Razz Remember Ensiferum? What happened to listening to awesome stuff like that? I mean, Kanye west? The Best Albums Of 2010 21888
I still like Ensiferum. I listen to every genre except country and radio pop and hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:54 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:

I still like Ensiferum. I listen to every genre except country and radio pop and hip-hop.

Oh okay that's pretty cool. Razz
Though I'd honestly take some country over kanye west XD The Best Albums Of 2010 3128676713
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:56 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
No Godsmack, AGAIN? You UBER SINNER

The Best Albums Of 2010 Godsmack-the-oracle

My favorite album this year.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:04 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

lol I get the picture. Razz
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:06 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

lol I get the picture. Razz

The Best Albums Of 2010 1443829230 is all I have to say The Best Albums Of 2010 3128676713
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:03 pm

The Best Albums Of 2010 Gorillaz-plastic-beach
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:14 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:

Gorillaz are pretty good.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:15 am

NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:

Yeah, I hate the style but have to admit Gorillaz are one band that do it well.

@ jubjub, Equilibrium: Rekreatur > godsmack album x 9000
Back to top Go down
UltraZFury
Merchant
Merchant
UltraZFury

Stature : 1
Australia
Playing : Maxed out

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:43 am

DemonWolf wrote:
NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:

Yeah, I hate the style but have to admit Gorillaz are one band that do it well.

Got to agree with that, Gorillaz songs really do make me think. They have true meaning, not always making sense but thats whats so great about them.
Back to top Go down
http://ultrazfury.cz.cc
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:12 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:15 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SzYRvaD-xkQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SzYRvaD-xkQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

EPIC. FAIL. The Best Albums Of 2010 2505020059 The Best Albums Of 2010 3128676713

:)
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:22 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

FTFY
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:56 pm

My beautiful dark twisted fantasy by Kanye West.

Won multiple album of the year awards by various websites.

The Best Albums Of 2010 Kanye-West-My-Beautiful-Dark-Twisted-Fantasy-Art-2-500x500-thumb-580x580-246873
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 pm

I knew I'd find my fellow Metal heads in here!

How are things boys?

Here's a few of my favourites from this year.

Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
The Best Albums Of 2010 Enslav10

Fear Factory - Mechanize
The Best Albums Of 2010 51rqgy10

Sabaton - Coat of Arms
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:08 pm

The Best Albums Of 2010 Kanye+West+-+My+Beautiful+Dark+Twisted+Fantasy

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:03 am

Dam_Noir wrote:

How are things boys?

Fear Factory - Mechanize

Sabaton - Coat of Arms
haha hey fellow metalhead
The Best Albums Of 2010 156vgok

I can't believe that people are even mentioning Kanye west. That kind of music is horribly dull to me. It just seems so shallow.
Back to top Go down
TheStaticFox
Villager
Villager
TheStaticFox

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:44 pm

The Best Albums Of 2010 Ea1ea47f39450f5bee57fbcedecc87de08b76893
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 pm

4x4=12 was good. For Lack Of A Better Name is better.
Back to top Go down
TheStaticFox
Villager
Villager
TheStaticFox

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
FLOBN is awesome. Strobe is probably the best song EVER!! So amazing!!! I really like 4x4=12 the whole album is just one giant song, it's great!
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 pm

TheStaticFox wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
FLOBN is awesome. Strobe is probably the best song EVER!! So amazing!!! I really like 4x4=12 the whole album is just one giant song, it's great!
Its cool to listen one song going to another one. I always liked Moar Ghosts n Stuff and Ghosts n Stuff.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Lykos wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

How are things boys?

Fear Factory - Mechanize

Sabaton - Coat of Arms
haha hey fellow metalhead
The Best Albums Of 2010 156vgok

I can't believe that people are even mentioning Kanye west. That kind of music is horribly dull to me. It just seems so shallow.

His new album was amazing. Just to throw in some ratings in there:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 pm

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2010/12/22/farewell-2010-geins-top-10-albums-of-2010/

Those were my top 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Albums Of 2010   The Best Albums Of 2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best Albums Of 2010
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next