Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite albums?

Go down 
+7
Dam_Noir
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
Gabe
ghost23
Based Sonji
Orc
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Your favourite albums? Empty
PostSubject: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Basically post what you personally think are the greatest albums ever made, or your favourites or the ones you're listening to loads at the moment. :)
Then you can debate about your music tastes, suggest bands to each other or just discuss music. Your favourite albums? 2505020059 fun!!!

Here's mine

TOM WAITS: BONE MACHINE ------------------------------ TOM WAITS: CLOSING TIME ------------------------------ TOM WAITS: BLUE VALENTINE
Your favourite albums? Bone-m10 Your favourite albums? 12758210 Your favourite albums? Tom_wa10

EQUILIBRIUM: REKREATUR------------------------------PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER-----------------------------PANTERA: COWBOYS FROM HELL
Your favourite albums? Equili10 Your favourite albums? Panter13 Your favourite albums? Panter10

CHILDREN OF BODOM: SOMETHING WILD-------------------------CHILDREN OF BODOM: HATEBREEDER---------------------CHILDREN OF BODOM: FOLLOW THE REAPER
Your favourite albums? Childr10 Your favourite albums? Hatebr10 Your favourite albums? 1024r10

IRON MAIDEN: SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON ---------------------IRON MAIDEN: BRAVE NEW WORLD----------------------IRON MAIDEN: A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH
Your favourite albums? Ironma11Your favourite albums? Iron-m10Your favourite albums? Iron_m10

INSOMNIUM: ACROSS THE DARK-------------------INSOMNIUM: IN THE HALLS OF AWAITING--------------------INSOMNIUM: ABOVE THE WEEPING WORLD
Your favourite albums? Insomn11 Your favourite albums? Insomn10 Your favourite albums? Insomn10

INSOMNIUM: SINCE THE DAY IT ALL CAME DOWN---------IN FLAMES: THE JESTER RACE----------------------IN FLAMES: WHORACLE
Your favourite albums? 3861410 Your favourite albums? 2687710 Your favourite albums? Inflam10

IN FLAMES: COLONY-----------------------IN FLAMES: LUNAR STRAIN-----------------------------IN FLAMES: CLAYMAN
Your favourite albums? Colony10 Your favourite albums? Lunars10 Your favourite albums? Clayma10

AVENGED SEVENFOLD: CITY OF EVIL---------------AVENGED SEVENFOLD: AVENGED SEVENFOLD--------------------BE'LAKOR: STONE'S REACH
Your favourite albums? Avenge10 Your favourite albums? Avenge11 Your favourite albums? 376_1_10

SUMMONING: STRONGHOLD---------------------SEPTICFLESH: COMMUNION---------------------SEPTICFLESH: THE GREAT MASS
Your favourite albums? 51ija710 Your favourite albums? Septic10 Your favourite albums? Septic11

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE: AGONY--------------------KARLAHAN: A PORTRAIT OF LIFE----CARACH ANGREN: DEATH CAME THROUGH A PHANTOM SHIP
Your favourite albums? Fleshg10 Your favourite albums? Folder10 Your favourite albums? Ca-dct10

DAWN OF TEARS: DESCENT----------------------UARAL: LAMENTOS-------------------UARAL: SOUNDS OF PAIN
Your favourite albums? Dawnof10 Your favourite albums? 9c3c3e10 Your favourite albums? 13219710

HAGGARD: EPPUR SI MUOVE--------------------HAGGARD: AWAKING THE CENTURIES-------------COMPOS MENTIS: QUADROLOGY OF SORROW
Your favourite albums? 04_epp10 Your favourite albums? 00_awa10 Your favourite albums? Compos10

ENSIFERUM: VICTORY SONG-----------------------------ENSIFERUM: FROM AFAR----------------ENSIFERUM: ENSIFERUM
Your favourite albums? Coverh10 Your favourite albums? 1004r11 Your favourite albums? 61e2ka10

FUROR GALLICO: FUROR GALLICO ------------------- NORTHLAND: NORTHLAND ------------NE OBLIVISCARIS: PORTAL OF I
Your favourite albums? Ensife10 Your favourite albums? Northl10 Your favourite albums? Ne_obl10

OMNIUM GATHERUM: NEW WORLD SHADOWS ----------------- OPETH: ORCHID -------------- OPETH: STILL LIFE
Your favourite albums? Omnium11 Your favourite albums? Opeth_10 Your favourite albums? Still-10

STORMLORD: MARE NOSTRUM----------------SCAR SYMMETRY: THE UNSEEN EMPIRE---------------------EL CONDOR PASA: SPIRIT OF THE INCAS
Your favourite albums? 1e5e2810 Your favourite albums? Scar-s10 Your favourite albums? 01077510

GOJIRA: THE WAY OF ALL FLESH ------------GOJIRA: FROM MARS TO SIRIUS ---------- ULVER: KVELDSSANGER
Your favourite albums? Gojira10 Your favourite albums? Untz10 Your favourite albums? R-371910

NICOLAI RIMSKY KORSAKOV: SCHEHEREZADE/CAPRICCIO ESPAGNOL -- GWENDAL: RAINY DAY ------------- GWENDAL: IRISH JIG
Your favourite albums? 38799510 Your favourite albums? Rainyd10 Your favourite albums? Irishj10

HOLLENTHON: WITH VILEST OF WORMS TO DWELL ----HOPE FOR THE DYING: DISSIMULATION ------ ELEND: THE UMBERSUN
Your favourite albums? Hollen10 Your favourite albums? 36335610 Your favourite albums? Elend_10

FALCHION: CHRONICLES OF THE DEAD --------------- CRIMSON SHADOWS: GLORY ON THE BATTLEFIELD ------------- EX DEO: CALIGVLA
Your favourite albums? Falchi11 Your favourite albums? Crimso10 Your favourite albums? Ex-deo10

RUNIC: LIAR FLAGS --------- WINTERSUN: WINTERSUN ------- THE BROKEN RESULT: RECURSIVE
Your favourite albums? Cover10 Your favourite albums? Winter10 Your favourite albums? Acovti10

Last edited by Ramzan_Kadyrov on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Your favourite albums? 51673g0TeHL._SL500_AA300_

Your favourite albums? 7318_1420flight-of-the-conchords-posters1
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Your favourite albums? Myworld2

lol :)
Back to top Go down
Gabe
Background Character
Background Character
Gabe

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Your favourite albums? Gobrie10

My most played in the last 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
Your favourite albums? 51673g0TeHL._SL500_AA300_

Your favourite albums? 7318_1420flight-of-the-conchords-posters1

Haha Tenacious D, I've not listened to them in a loong time.

Gabe wrote:
Your favourite albums? Gobrie10

My most played in the last 6 months.

lol I don't even know what one of them is XD

And Ghost, what the hell? hahaha
Back to top Go down
Gabe
Background Character
Background Character
Gabe

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Surely you at least know of Abbey Road! It's one of the most iconic album covers I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:53 pm

Gabe wrote:
Surely you at least know of Abbey Road! It's one of the most iconic album covers I can think of.

Oops oh yeah I see now. I couldn't recognise what it was before you mentioned it. To be fair, it is like...tiny Neutral
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:08 pm

The Script, The Script

Your favourite albums? 51xym211

The Script, Science and Faith

Your favourite albums? The_sc10
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Just some of my more recent ones I have been listening to a lot.

Godsmack, Godsmack
Your favourite albums? Album-godsmack

Five Finger Death Punch, The Way of the Fist
Your favourite albums? 61Z50ZqpTfL._SL500_AA300_

Sully Erna, Avalon
Your favourite albums? Sully_Erna_-_Avalon_Cover

Alice in Chains, Dirt
Your favourite albums? Dirt

Godsmack, Awake
Your favourite albums? Godsmack_-_Awake

Again, not really my favorite but just the ones I have been more recently listening to.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:21 pm

@ Jub, wowza. I need to listen to some FFDP
I loved their Bad Company cover.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 am

20. U2 - The Best of 1980 - 1990
Your favourite albums? Album-10

19. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
Your favourite albums? Sultan10

18. Idlewild - The Remote Part
Your favourite albums? Therem10

17. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way
Your favourite albums? Pedhot11

16. Metallica - Master of Puppets
Your favourite albums? Master10

15. Metallica - …And Justice for Jason (Basically the same as '…And Justice for All' but with audible Bass Your favourite albums? 3128676713 )
Your favourite albums? Metall10

14. Megadeth - Greatest Hits: Back to the Start
Your favourite albums? Megade10

13. Soulfly - The Dark Ages
Your favourite albums? Dark_a10

12. Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Your favourite albums? Guns-n10

11. Sabaton - Attero Dominatus
Your favourite albums? Attero10

10. Old Man's Child - Vermin
Your favourite albums? Vermin10

9. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Your favourite albums? Sevent10

8. Enslaved - Ruun
Your favourite albums? 41vlur10

7. Kreator - Enemy of God
Your favourite albums? Kreato10

6. Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Your favourite albums? Demanu10

5. I - Between Two Worlds
Your favourite albums? Betwee10

4. Immortal - All Shall Fall
Your favourite albums? Immort10

3. Immortal - Damned In Black
Your favourite albums? Damned10

2. Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
Your favourite albums? Dark_a11

1. Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Your favourite albums? Sonsof10
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Heyy...you put the Avenged Sevenfold albums at the very bottom. Good job! Your favourite albums? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Lykos wrote:
@ Jub, wowza. I need to listen to some FFDP
I loved their Bad Company cover.

Definitely do it! I have seen them live twice now also Your favourite albums? 2505020059 but they are a great band. Make sure to get both their albums if you do, The Way of the Fist and War is the Answer
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Heyy...you put the Avenged Sevenfold albums at the very bottom. Good job! Your favourite albums? 2505020059

.... best till last, douchebag Razz You do realise my list gets better as it goes along? I mean, who does best to worst? XD

@ S.T.A.L.K.E.R, nice music taste!!

I'm actually starting to like some of this black metal stuff, perhaps I'll give one of immortal's albums a try.
Which one would you recommend most?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Lykos wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

.... best till last, douchebag Razz You do realise my list gets better as it goes along? I mean, who does best to worst? XD

I could tell. What I'm saying is that I wont see Avenged Sevenfold when I enter the page.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:49 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Lykos wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

I could tell. What I'm saying is that I wont see Avenged Sevenfold when I enter the page.

Ah I see..

A7X are the best though. :)
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Lykos wrote:

@ S.T.A.L.K.E.R, nice music taste!!

I'm actually starting to like some of this black metal stuff, perhaps I'll give one of immortal's albums a try.
Which one would you recommend most?

Brief Immortal History: Unlike other early second wave Black Metal bands Immortal have never based any of their lyrics on Anti-Christianity or Satanism, instead they have wrote several stories about a place called 'Blashyrkh' which is described to be a frozen desolate war torn world where frequent battles take place between Nordic armies. The one being that rules over this land is known as Blashyrkh Mighty Ravendark. (sounds cool doesn't it?) However the instrumental sound of the band very much was Black Metal.

The band formed in 1989 and the founding members were Abbath (Bass, Vocals and Drums) and Demonaz (Guitar and Lyrics) For the first three albums they had a very unstable drummer situation which is why Abbath ending up recording the drums for those albums and he was awesome at it! By the fourth album Blizzard Beasts they had finally found the drummer who is still in the band to this day called Horgh.

However after releasing Blizzard Beasts Demonaz was diagnosed with 'Tendinitis' in his arm and was unable to continue playing guitar. Despite this, he has continued writing lyrics and has been a manager for the band, accompanying them on tour, releasing updates and giving interviews. Abbath decided to make the transition from Bass to Guitar and brought with it his own playing style which combines the unconventional chord patterns found in Black Metal with certain elements found in Thrash Metal which has changed the band sound to what I love!

The albums made after this took on a new sound and the band were finally recording high quality albums which has continued to this day. They are 'At The Heart of Winter' (1999), 'Damned In Black' (2000) 'Sons Of A Northern Darkness' (2002) and after a four year hiatus they released 'All Shall Fall' (2009). I would recommend the albums in the order they are on my 'Top 20' however my personal favourite song is called 'Against The Tide' but that's on Damned In Black and the album that got me into Immortal in the first place was At the Heart of Winter so it's hard to decide. Personally I would recommend you listen to All 'Top 3' as one huge album instead because that's the best way to appreciate them in my honest opinion.

Here's my favourite tracks from each of my Top 3 albums, enjoy!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:20 pm

^ Can confirm they're not my thing. But yeah.

Updated my albums. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Your favourite albums? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Spoiler:
This is my top 50, with the artists alphabetized and the albums of each artist in order of release year.

Last edited by TheCinemaJack on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 am

I give up. I wrote up all the albums' names with their respective year and genre, taking over half an hour to do so only to accidentally click on a toolbar and be redirected and lose all my progress.

CUNT.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:27 pm

I made my list into a top thirty by adding grunge rock albums Ten by Pearl Jam and Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden, electronic album Discovery by Daft Punk, classic rock album Who's Next by The Who, and blues rock album Lie to Me by Jonny Lang. Again, in no specific order.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:20 pm

^ I've always liked Daft Punk's Homework a lot better than Discovery.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 am

Homework comes in second for me (unless you count the Tron: Legacy soundtrack), but I think Discovery had the most variety to it, plus the highest concentration of my favorite Daft Punk songs.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 3:19 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
^ I've always liked Daft Punk's Homework a lot better than Discovery.

Carcass' Heartwork*
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Your favourite albums? Getting-tired-of-your-shit-mr-wayne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite albums?   Your favourite albums? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite albums?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next