Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99

Go down 
+4
Mr Canai Spy
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Chobo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 Empty
PostSubject: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:36 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/07/microsoft-announces-99-xbox-360-with-subscription

:areyoufuckingk

Microsoft, do you really think we're that stupid?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Considering the fact that people will buy it, then yes, they do think that we're that stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:54 pm

OK, fair enough, there are stupid people out there.

But guess what M$, if you pull something like this on your next gen Xbox, no sane gamer out there will buy it. They'll probably go for the next Sony console or the Wii U because they don't come with a contract and are relativity the same price.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:09 pm

There's nothing stupid about going for a steal deal. However it is a shame that people had to spend hundreds more for the same thing.

I'm sure as hell tempted to buy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Tek, It's a $99 console with a required 2 Year XBL Gold contract for 14.99 a Month

That equates to an extra $359.76 down the line. You call that a good deal?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:18 pm

^

Oh, I thought the whole package was set at 99$.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:20 pm

The whole point of the deal is to pay over time. Not how much you pay in the end. Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Chobo wrote:
Tek, It's a $99 console with a required 2 Year XBL Gold contract for 14.99 a Month

All contracts are like this why do people always slag of Microsoft for making money they're a business at the end of the day and it also gives people the opportunity to get an Xbox who wouldn't normally be able to buy one straight out i mean you don't see people buying $600 phones
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm all for businesses making money so long as it doesn't screw over the consumer. And this is defiantly screwing us over. Why should I have to buy a video game console on a contract when all the others don't need one? It's forcing you to pay for a service even if you don't want it. And before you ask, yes, I hate phone contracts as well. But with phone contracts in relation to phone costs, the price jumps from $200 on a contract, to $600-$700 without. That's a pretty big leap if you ask me. With this it's a jump from $99 to maybe $199-$299. Not that big a leap. and with having to pay 14.99 a month, that's a net loss of $259.76 Hell it could go the same way for buying Cell phone's con contracts. Either way, I hate this business tactic.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
The whole point of the deal is to pay over time. Not how much you pay in the end. Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 1443829230
Yes but most electronics stores offer financing, often with no interest for the first however many months. So it's cheaper to just do that than to pay three times the normal amount in Gold fees which would ultimately cost you more in the end.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Teckno wrote:
^

Oh, I thought the whole package was set at 99$.....

And i'm betting thats what little timmy's mom will be saying when she see's her bills after thinking this was a good deal...
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Good thing I actually read the article this time. I was about to go out and buy myself a $99 Xbox. No way in hell would I pay $15 month for XBL when it's just $60 a year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Chobo wrote:

It's only $40 more than buying a regular 4GB kinect bundle with 2 years of xbl. Of course the termination fees are bullshit, and you can buy xbl deals for way cheaper, but I think they only give those to long time members of XBL. It's not a good deal for most people, but for a poorer family who couldn't normally afford a 300 dollar console it's probably a decent deal. Sorta like buying a house in payments over 25 years with interest instead of all at once except here it's a console and the interest is 40 bucks.

Also I think this offer is only available in Microsoft stores.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99   Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subsedised Xbox 360 console for $99
Page 1 of 1