Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice

Go down 
+8
CernaMLD
Dam_Noir
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Mikenuge
Mecha
Hydell
Orc
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice Empty
PostSubject: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:58 pm

This is entirely opinion, I am not claiming any system here is better than another. I am merely stating why a certain console is my favorite. If any flamebait or console wars should arouse I am not to be held responsible.

Alright, firstly

GAAAAAAAAAMMMMMEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Bully Yeah I played it through to the end last gen several times, I also replayed it on PC. Doesn't make any difference. I can play it again on my xbox 360 and am happy to because it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Gun Yet again, played it through on ps2 several times but it's always nice to have it again, even if only slightly updated. Best western ever imo. I really prefer it to RDR.

Oblivion Okay... sure it is also on ps3 and pc. But hey, in terms of consoles it is the best of the two as it didn't suffer from the same framerate issues.

Crackdown A nice open ended game without the horrible sluggishness of GTA IV that you can just jump into, blow shit up and have a good time with.

Halo Okay I'm not the biggest Halo fan but its multiplayer is honestly unbeatable by any other fps. It's just balanced well and has such an addictive nature that you can pour hours out on it and just lose track of how long you've been playing it.

Mass Effect I don't give a fuck that the ps3 version of Mass Effect 2 had a comic to compensate for not having the first game. The first game is 10x better than the second game. It was a truly incredible space rpg experience with a vast, exciting world to explore. Amazing.

Kameo Nah I'm not a masssive fan of this game but it was a game that properly showed me the Xbox's capabilities. I mean cleaving through a massive army of orcs while on horseback was an incredible experience. The game blew me away and really got me pumped.

Deadly Premonition I have not completed the game, in fact I'm far from it but it made me laugh more than any game has made me laugh soooo gotta give it some credit.

Fable 2 It's one of my favorite RPGs of all time. Yeah I've still got to finish Fable 1 but yeah, until then I love this game so much.

Alan Wake Damn this game just blew me away. It got repetitive towards the end, yes. But I was gripped from start to finish. I completed it fast and was just blown away by it all from the visuals to the perfectly designed world.

FEATURESSSS

I truly hated paying for online but after a while when I was able to make money I started to not mind paying monthly for xbox live. And I found it to be worth the price when I began playing my games online nearly every day. I just had a pretty much flawless online experience and there was such a great ease of use where I could listen to music or chat with friends regardless of what game I'm playing.
Plus the indie store is just badass. So many games that are actually really good, for dirt cheap!

XBOX COMPATIBILITY
It annoys me that not all xbox games worked on xbox 360 but when they did it was awesome. I played quite a bit on The Prisoner of Azkaban and a little bit of Halo Combat Evolved. Just nice to have the feature really.

So yeah, these are why xbox is my favorite console. Pretty simply really.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Looks like legit reasons to me, those games you listed are either only on 360 or run better than they do on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 pm

No love for Gears of War?
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Lykos wrote:

I truly hated paying for online but after a while when I was able to make money I started to not mind paying monthly for xbox live. And I found it to be worth the price when I began playing my games online nearly every day. I just had a pretty much flawless online experience and there was such a great ease of use where I could listen to music or chat with friends regardless of what game I'm playing.
Plus the indie store is just badass. So many games that are actually really good, for dirt cheap

Im sorry but you shouldn't be paying to play your games online other services offer all the stuff you mentioned and more for free

its not acceptable
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Looks like legit reasons to me, those games you listed are either only on 360 or run better than they do on PS3.

Yeah, I mean I'm an odd gamer. I don't mind remakes as long as I really love the game. But yeah, I won't lie.. I think in this day and age, ps3 has overtaken 360 games library wise. But that's only objectively. For me personally there aren't enough titles on ps3 that compell me the same as the xbox games I listed do.

Mecha wrote:
No love for Gears of War?

I really liked Gears of War 1 but at the same time it is not a game I feel I would replay. Don't get me wrong... good game but not quite my thing.

Mikenuge wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Plus the indie store is just badass. So many games that are actually really good, for dirt cheap

Im sorry but you shouldn't be paying to play your games online other services offer all the stuff you mentioned and more for free

its not acceptable

lol....
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Games:

-The space exploration wasn't deep at all in Mass Effect 1. The Mako was annoying, and all the planets looked the same bar the atmosphere. The only thing I liked better in ME1 was the inventory system... and the overall plot was better than the 2nd game.But seriously...Who cares whether Mass Effect 1 is better than Mass Effect 2, when Mass Effect 3 blows both out of the water.

-Oblivion was better on PS3. They released it a year later with updated textures and all the DLC. The frame-rate issues you're thinking of is Skyrim on the PS3, which they patched anyway.

-Deadly Premonition is coming out for PS3, and has been released in Japan for a while (and since the PS3 is region free, you could have probably gotten an imported version).

-Alan Wake is a great series. Can't argue there.

-The Fable series is overrated...And the third game was subpar.

-Crackdown is fun, but there are a lot better sandbox games I can think of. InFamous comes to mind.

-Kameo...holy shit that game is old. I can't really say anything bad about it since I never played it...but yea

Online:

-I honestly think it balances out. With XBL you get some extra features but they're not worth it to everyone. PSN is a great alternative. My only complaint with Sony's service is there store update times...and the sporadic updates/maintenance times.

Backwards Compatibility:

-I stopped caring. I don't even want to pick up the remakes to be honest. I want to play new games. And if I wanted to play older titles I can probably find retro-consoles dirt cheap..

Last edited by The_Biotic_God on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:27 pm

actually alan, the PS3 isn't region locked. It's the 360 that's region locked.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:30 pm

It's a typo. I meant to say region free.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:17 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
-Oblivion was better on PS3. They released it a year later with updated textures and all the DLC. The frame-rate issues you're thinking of is Skyrim on the PS3, which they patched anyway.

This.

I only played Oblivion for the first time about a year ago and it played flawlessly aside from the loading screen times which were the same on both consoles.

Plus it came with the Nights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC on the disc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Hey Alan, when did you become part of the SDF? :lolguy:

I'm just playing.

Good topic though. When I first got my hands on a 360 controller at a friend's house, I think the first game I played was Call of Duty 4 (yeah I was pretty late for this gen... PS2 all the motha fuckin' way lol). Damn was I blown away. I looked at it and thought "oh yeah... this is next gen..."

The system had a pretty damn good exclusive line up at the time. He brought the system over to my house and we played a little bit of Bioshock. Again, blown the fuck away especially in the intro. Nowadays everything it had is on PS3 now and the XBL fees become harder to justify especially considering a freaggin' HANDHELD can do everything the 360 does for free. There are still some games that I really like such as Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption (hey, Rockstar really dropped the ball on the PS3 this gen). But since I picked up my system so late in this gen (my first Xbox was the new slim model), I don't think I'll ever get that same feeling you had. Like I said, I was pretty fucking blown away when I played it the first time at a friend's but I was still eyeballing a PS3 (first thing I played on it was Burnout Paradise demo, again, fucking blown away lol). If I had gotten the 360 at launch maybe then it would have been one hell of a system for me... unless of course I go through 10 consoles. lol
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Shut the fuck up you fucking PLayslave fagg0t
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:33 pm

I actually agree alot with cerna. The 360 was ahead of its competition back in 2006-2008 IMO but you gotta admit that the ps3 has made a damn impressive comeback which is why i first bought a 360 and later a ps3.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Honestly I think with each OS update after the first NXE released in 2008, Xbox has been getting progressively worse.

MS is shifting their focus and now it's becoming more and more apparent.

It's a shame because the 360 itself is a damn good console. Shame that greedy company ethics are starting to affect the quality of it.

Sony has always been incompetent, but they're at least consistent. They're always going to advertise their console as a hardcore gaming device/blu-ray player.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 pm

While I agree MS is greedy as hell(arent they all?) and that Xbox has been worsening(atleast on the hardcore side of things), i have to admit that MS are doing very well from a buisiness perspective.They are making more money than the compitition at this point.Im used to seeing "Xbox 360 and Kinect outselling its compitition" on gaming sites now
or "Xbox 360 sales got a big push in sales this month".I would love to be an investor of MS.

Though one thing I give MS credit for(though sorta of grudgingly), is there efforts in Kinect.Remember before last E3 when everyone(on here included) was complaining that MS arent making enough good Kinect games?Well look at them now.That being said, now people are complaining that they are using it too much.kinda funny but true

I am hoping this E3 that MS will unveil a good(doesnt have to be huge) list of hardcore exclusives.Quality over quanitity.I want to see them have atleast 5 great hardcore games.I dont mind if they have a kinect side functionality, just as long as they normally play with the 360 controller.

Halo 4 will most likely be MS's big 2012 exclusive.I am looking foward to what 343 will be showing us these next few months and at E3.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Kinect Actually has potential to be a really cool piece of Hardware. Ingratiating it with watching a movie, navigating a UI. That I like about Kinect. That's why I'll buy a Kinect once a Windows version comes out.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 pm

This is all assuming the games and the system works. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:08 pm

My brother got a Kinect for his birthday last month. I've only played Fruit Ninja Kinect and The Gunstringer, but they're both cool games, and I really wanna give Dance Central 2 a shot since it looks awesome.

The main reason I like the 360 is Halo. I've never been addicted to a shooter like I've been addicted to Halo, other than maybe Rainbow Six. Gears of War is also damn good. Those games keep me from selling the 360 but a lack of other exclusives keeps it collecting dust.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 pm

I like how the thread is titled "Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice" and most of the posts in here are just trying to pick apart his reasons for liking it. My first post in this thread covered it, he likes the games he likes...and theres no point in shelling out for another system if hes not interested in the games on it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
I like how the thread is titled "Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice" and most of the posts in here are just trying to pick apart his reasons for liking it. My first post in this thread covered it, he likes the games he likes...and theres no point in shelling out for another system if hes not interested in the games on it.

Exactly. Thank you Reaper for having sense. I even stated multiple times that it is merely my opinion and my taste which is why I like the console and its games yet Alan goes and starts listing reasons for each game I mentioned being shit when I even stated it is just my tastes :what:
Could you get more pathetic than that?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Why have a thread if no one can discuss/debate. It'd be a short-lived thread if everyone just said "cool story bro" and fucked off.

Likewise, it shouldn't become a flame war. Which is why the clusterfuck that Mecha has started has been deleted. And Mecha you've been warned.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 pm

You're so right Alan. I mean what I thinking voicing out my opinions.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
You're so right Alan. I mean what I thinking voicing out my opinions.

We'll take this up in PMs.

Stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:26 am

its obvious that everyone on here are oppinion police, they are just less revealing than what they were on the XBR.Different forum, same people.We all know this to be true.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:35 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Why have a thread if no one can discuss/debate. It'd be a short-lived thread if everyone just said "cool story bro" and fucked off.

Likewise, it shouldn't become a flame war. Which is why the clusterfuck that Mecha has started has been deleted. And Mecha you've been warned.

Oh because you can just change someone's tastes like *that*.
All your "facts" and comments on the games I mentioned are entirely irrelevant because they don't satisfy my reasons for liking those games and whatnot.

You can discuss, you can say your own reasons why you prefer whatever system and if I actually went out of my way to say xbox is better, you could rebuke that because I am enforcing an opinion as a fact.

The fact that you've tried to go through my own personal views and try to turn it into a debate is very sad.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 pm

You weren't really clear on what the purpose of the thread *was*.

I didn't know we were suppose to give our own preferences.

Do you not know the purpose of threads? They're for discussions/debates. If everyone just said "thanks for sharing bro," it'd be a very short-lived thread.

EDIT:

Honestly, looking back at my original comment, the only thing you might have taken the wrong way was my comment about Fable being overrated. Everything else wasn't an attack on your opinion. In fact, the 2nd half of my comment was basically stating my opinion about online services/backwards compatibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice   Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Xbox 360 is my console of choice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next