Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide Empty
PostSubject: Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide   Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide Sad_7310

Quote :
Ahead of new CEO Kazuo Hirai’s first major strategy meeting, Sony is believed to be making extensive layoffs.

Nikkei reports Sony will cut 10,000 jobs at various divisions around the world, a figure representing just under 6% of its workforce as of March 2011.

The cuts are expected to be officially confirmed and further detailed at a strategy meeting later this week, the first since Hirai’s ascendence to CEO.

Sony has reported losses for four years running; in particular, its TV business, once one of its strongest arms, has made significant losses, with a strong push for stereoscopic 3D failing to bring returns.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide   Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:40 am

I wonder if all the fat cats in the company will take a pay cut? Doubt it though, just like politicians, they'll collect their big cheque while laying off the little people.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide   Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am

sony loses $3.2 billion in wake of earthquake
sony loses $2.2 billion in tv devision
sony loses $270 million in phone devision
sony loses profits due to psn hack
sony loses profits 4 years in a row
sony ps vita out sold by 3ds 10-1
sony to lay off 10000

Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide 1443829230

im surprised its only 10000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide   Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony to cut 10,000 jobs worldwide
Page 1 of 1