Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad   Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I got Final Fantasy XIII-2 from Gamefly. I expected it to be bad based on the complete garbage demo but it turns out to be pretty good. I only have about 8 hours on it but so far it's much better than XIII was. Towns are back as well as a hot chocobo cosplaying merchant. The game is semi-open. You can travel back and forth between time and visit any age you've unlocked. They all have several side quests and you can wipe out the progress you've done there in case you don't like the outcome of your actions and redo it. You've only got 2 human characters and the third character is a monster you've "captured". They brought back random encounters but it is possible to flee 95% of the time before the battle starts so they aren't annoying and way better than the previous system.

It's unfortunate but there's a lot of DLC including character costumes, weapons, optional bosses. The funny part is that there are MASS EFFECT costumes you can buy.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad Final_Fantasy_XIII_2_Mass_Effect_3_Armor_13324458148841

I remember reading somewhere that Square Enix publishes EA Games in Japan so that might be why but don't take my word for it.

I have it for 360, there's only 1 disk. There are still a crap ton of cutscenes but most of them use in game graphics. Despite that the game still looks gorgeous, some of the best graphics on the system. The gameplay is still kinda shallow but the boss fights are pretty challenging and take a fair bit of strategy. I actually consider XIII to be one of the hardest final fantasy games but that was mostly due to the crysterium (level) limit where you were just strong enough to beat the bosses. I am talking about the second half of the game not the first, the game was really easy at first. Anyways there is no crysterium limit from what I've seen so far, when you reach the end it simply expands and gives you a bonus you can pick just as expanding the ATB gauge or increasing your carrying capacity for accessories. So the difficulty depends on how many random encounter battles you decide to do. The story seems pretty solid so far although a bit cheesy at times. Basically you're looking for Lightning who vanished from the world and ended up in a place called Valhalla. I'm not sure if it's the underworld/afterlife or another realm but it's outside the normal space time continuum and you go into this machine the Historia Crux and are searching for the path to Valhalla but keep arriving in random ages. You meet some of the characters from the previous game such as the NORA guys and Hope. Can't believe I'm saying this but the Hope you meet (10 years after the end of FFXIII) is actually kinda cool.

This isn't a review I'm just saying the game is good and worth checking out. They corrected most of the mistakes made by FFXIII but barely anyone (including myself for a long time) didn't even give the game a fair chance.

The game also seems to explore the legacy of the Farseers, the civilization that went extinct after The War of Transgression between Gran Pulse and Cacoon and I have to say it's pretty damn interesting.

Edit: Actually it's not so easy to get away from battles anymore. Although during a battle you can "reset it" which will take you out of the battle but it will still be there trying to catch you and start another battle.

Last edited by Stigma on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad   Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Spoiler:
Caius Ballad is also one heck of a villain.
I somehow regained faith in Square-Enix after I discovered that they fixed most of the flaws FFXIII had.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad   Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 pm

I don't know what the hell just happened. The game was fantastic until the last level. It really goes to show how a bad ending can ruin the entire game. The last level had all these rotating pieces of shit so you always had to wait for them to come around before you could cross, it served no purpose and just slowed everything down and on top of that it had insanely high encounter rates that were impossible to flee. Then came the final boss battle, there were 4 stages of it. The first 3 were pretty damn good, challenging but not too frustrating, then the fourth stage came which was extremely monotonous. I was just about to win but then the boss used some move called "Dying Sun" which killed my entire party at full health. I walked up took the game out of the console put it back in the sleeve and shoved that piece of shit in the mailbox.

Square-Enix just had to ruin their game somehow. You guys have no idea how pissed off I am right now.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad   Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 am

Alot of people are pissed about this(me too), some say that there might be FFXIII-3 or a DLC for the conclusion, let's just face it, 2012 is the year of bad endings.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad   Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 am

Stigma wrote:

It's unfortunate but there's a lot of DLC including character costumes, weapons, optional bosses. The funny part is that there are MASS EFFECT costumes you can buy.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad Final_Fantasy_XIII_2_Mass_Effect_3_Armor_13324458148841
Two games which both have crappy endings... a match made in heaven.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad   Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:40 am

:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad   Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ain't bad
Page 1 of 1