Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?

Go down 
+6
NoelX2
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
Mr Canai Spy
ghost23
Mecha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? Empty
PostSubject: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:32 am

Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? 20120310

Quote :
Capcom has apologised for a slip up in the Xbox 360 manual for Street Fighter x Tekken which mentions a multiplayer mode only available on PlayStation 3.

The PlayStation 3 version of Street Fighter x Tekken allows two local players to form a team in couch co-op, and take it online to battle.

The Xbox 360 version doesn’t support this; all four players must be online or offline.

Writing on Capcom Unity, Christian Svensson said the feature cannot be patched into the Xbox 360 version and its inclusion in the manual was an “oversight”.

“The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs,” he said.

“I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.”

Svensson promised to investigate the matter further, but Xbox 360 owners have encountered similar issues in the past, with players required to sign into local profiles for co-operative play and then unable to record progress to their own gamertags.

However, Joystiq reports the Xbox 360 version of Mortal Kombat did allow two local players to participate in online play.

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Street Fighter x Tekken released today in the US and arrive in Europe on March 9. A PC release is expected in May with a Vita launch in northern autumn.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:10 am

Bullshit Microsoft didn't let them, there are plenty of XBOX 360 games where 2 players locally can jump into an online game of many people, Halo 3 for example.
Capcom just couldnt work out how to do it on XBOX Live.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:59 am

Nearly every co-op/team based multiplayer on Xbox live supports multiple game profile play
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 am

ghost23 wrote:
Or maybe they want to sell it separately. Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? 725796345
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:25 am

ghost23 wrote:
Bullshit Microsoft didn't let them, there are plenty of XBOX 360 games where 2 players locally can jump into an online game of many people, Halo 3 for example.

I'm pretty sure a company as large as Capcom can figure out "how to do it on Xbox Live."
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:17 am

mecha's the troll get him :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:52 am

.....bullshit
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Another way Capcom is trolling Xbox 360 gamers is by having 5 exclusive characters on the PS3 version only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Duke wrote:
Another way Capcom is trolling Xbox 360 gamers is by having 5 exclusive characters on the PS3 version only.

And for some reason, 2 of them are locked on the Disk for future DLC I guess.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:41 pm

You get what you pay for. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Capcom are notorious for on disk DLC, they're abusing it to no end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?   Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Capcom just trolled Xbox 360 gamers?
Page 1 of 1