Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers

Go down 
+12
Archduke
Bluenose
Chobo
BioDemon
Based Sonji
Stoney
Pein
Hydell
The_Biotic_God
Stigma
Mecha
The Enkindler
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers Empty
PostSubject: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 12:11 am

Quote :
It was only yesterday that L.A. Noire finally came out in the UK, but for some it has been a lifetime’s worth of hell trying to get hold of the full game.

Due to using DVD discs rather than the much more spacious Blu-ray discs favoured by the PS3, the Xbox 360 version of L.A. Noire has been squeezed across three separate discs. Although this is normally just a small annoyance for lazy gamers, it has proven to be more than just a nuisance at a couple of superstores in southwest England. Many keen shoppers have rushed into a local Tesco, ASDA and smaller stores to get their copy of L.A. Noire for their Xbox 360. The transaction seemed to go well; they had their 3 discs and were making their way back home to become a full time detective. All was going swimmingly.

For some, the problem didn’t start for a few hours after they started playing the game. It was not until they reached far enough into the game to get the familiar “Insert disc 2” screen pop up that the problems started. At this moment their detective work had satisfied them greatly, but upon opening up the case to grab the second disc, their smile dropped instantly. There was no disc 2, only two more copies of disc 1! Angered, they now marched back to the superstore from which they purchased the game, waving the receipt in the air. But what they found was no orderly queue at the returns desk, but a riot! The staff were frantic and outnumbered by a sea of red faces, all shouting abuse at their incompetence.
Ouch!

Source:
HookedGamers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:14 am

Blu-ray FTW!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:16 am

LMAO how the hell does that happen?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:20 am

Mecha wrote:
Blu-ray FTW!

lmfao. I don't see how this could only happen if a game was spread across multiple discs. This could happen even for 1 disc games.

True story-- My cousin in Lebanon bought a bootlegged copy Call of Duty 3 real cheap from someone for the PS2 system. The game disc was fine and the game loaded perfectly, but only the first 2 chapters of the game loaded. He ran the disc on his PC to see it's properties and it turns out only fraction of the COD3 game content was actually on the disc.

In terms of retail games, I wouldn't doubt that gamestop has mixed up game discs for specific cases before. Remember that gamestop's "new games" aren't actually in the case. It's up to the employees to put the game discs in it's correct case before they give it to you.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:43 am

Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Blu-ray FTW!

lmfao. I don't see how this could only happen if a game was spread across multiple discs. This could happen even for 1 disc games.

True story-- My cousin in Lebanon bought a bootlegged copy Call of Duty 3 real cheap from someone for the PS2 system. The game disc was fine and the game loaded perfectly, but only the first 2 chapters of the game loaded. He ran the disc on his PC to see it's properties and it turns out only fraction of the COD3 game content was actually on the disc.

In terms of retail games, I wouldn't doubt that gamestop has mixed up game discs for specific cases before. Remember that gamestop's "new games" aren't actually in the case. It's up to the employees to put the game discs in it's correct case before they give it to you.

Yeah... except for the fact that this is happening in a superstore located in the UK. What do you except from buying a cheap bootlegged game in the Middle East and Rip-off Stop? L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 725796345
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:49 am

Lol im gonna take one guess and say this was Tesco, i used to work there and stuff like this happend a few times
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:39 am

ive beaten l.a noire and never had problems like this..it's the store's fault
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:06 am

I'd be FREAKED!!!! L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 725796345
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:44 am

Pein wrote:
ive beaten l.a noire and never had problems like this..it's the store's fault

Or maybe you're one of the lucky few....?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:01 am

Lol, this is such a huge fail. I would be so pissed if that shit happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:47 am

I wouldnt be too annoyed, as long as you have your receipt you will be fine, but it is kinda stupid how they obviously didnt do any QA when they were packing them.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:26 am

wow. the people who work at tesco are idiots if they can't read Disk 1, Disk 2, Disk 3.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:31 am

Oh come on, that's just epic fail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:37 am

Mecha wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Blu-ray FTW!

Yeah... except for the fact that this is happening in a superstore located in the UK. What do you except from buying a cheap bootlegged game in the Middle East and Rip-off Stop? L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 725796345

Gamestop is a widely known video game retailer and a shit ton of people buy their games from them. My point was that mix-ups happen whether it be from a "bootlegged game in the Middle East" or a widely known retailer. This article is just an attempt to antagonize games that are spread across more than one disc to stir up console wars. Not to long ago no one gave a two shits about multi-disc games but now it's a big deal. Just goes to show how much the console wars influences the media.

With that said. This massive mix-up is a HUGE fail on the retailer's end. This ultimately comes down to lazy packagers that can't count to 3 L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 725796345.

Last edited by Alanski on Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:38 am

Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Blu-ray FTW!

Gamestop is a widely known video game retailer and a shit ton of people buy their games from them. My point was that mix-ups happen whether it be from a "bootlegged game in the Middle East" or a widely known retailer. This article is just an attempt to antagonize games that are spread across more than one disc to stir up console wars. Not to long ago no one gave a two shits about multi-disc games but now it's a big deal. Just goes to show how much the console wars influences the media.

It's funny, cause they are just pieces of plastic that change every 6 or 7 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:42 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Blu-ray FTW!

It's funny, cause they are just pieces of plastic that change every 6 or 7 years.

The console wars has a huge influence on the media because it gives them more hits. Game journalists don't directly give a flying fuck about the nerdsole wars but since there are a huge numbers of fanboys on the internet they would be tempted to occasionally write an article that sparks up a flame war.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Hence IGN make some bogus article every now and then, like the 360 version of crysis being graphics king.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:17 pm

Or the one they made saying Mass Effect 2 was better than Uncharted 2. Which albeit true, was nothing more but flame bait.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah theres no doubt that Mass Effect 2 is bette, but the fact that its unquestioned means there was no point for the article, as you say....pure flame bait.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Yeah, IGN is bullshit. But I don't see how 3 discs is mayhem...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:21 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 1443829230

did you read the story?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:27 pm

chobo500 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers 1443829230

did you read the story?

Yes I did. But I was talking about disc swapping, not what happened.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:27 am

Flamebait = Fanboys arguing in the comments section = More hits for IGN
It's obvious why they do it
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:20 am

Disc swapping is no problem imo, im guessing only a lazy person would say it is. You still have to get up and swap discs if you want to play another game so whats the difference?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Reaper wrote:
Disc swapping is no problem imo, im guessing only a lazy person would say it is. You still have to get up and swap discs if you want to play another game so whats the difference?
This is exactly how I look at it, Also, I heard from friends that if you install all 3 discs to your 360 you don't have to disc swap anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers   L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L.A. Noires 3 Discs Causes Absolute Mayhem For Xbox 360 Gamers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next