Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers

Go down 
+5
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Franko
Bluenose
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers Empty
PostSubject: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/resident-evil-to-remain-actionfocused-dreams-of-call-of-duty-10617
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:46 pm

I predict that Capcom is going to add some kind of zombie mode similar to the one in Black Ops.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Giving in to the mainstream I see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Capcom... Fuck you forever
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 pm

The series is never going to survive if it stayed the same. Anyways it is to early to tell where this game is going.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Call of fucking Duty once again.

As gamers its our Duty to not buy that shit anymore. Now its starting to affect other genres.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Reaper wrote:
Call of fucking Duty once again.

As gamers its our Duty to not buy that shit anymore. Now its starting to affect other genres.

I blame Alan. If it wasn't for his love of blowing shit up, he would have bought something else instead.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Old stereotype against the staff is old.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Reaper wrote:
Old stereotype against the staff is old.

But still true.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Geez, you guys act like this is a bad thing. It's not like they said, "hey we're going to make unbalanced multiplayer and fill it with poorly made maps and asshole ten-year-olds . . . "

They're just making it more intense, which doesn't bother me at all because Resident Evil has never been scary to me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:34 am

TRF wrote:
Geez, you guys act like this is a bad thing. It's not like they said, "hey we're going to make unbalanced multiplayer and fill it with poorly made maps and asshole ten-year-olds . . . "

They're just making it more intense, which doesn't bother me at all because Resident Evil has never been scary to me.
No what they meant is that they decided to pull the finger to every true resident evil fan.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers StDQek0

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:01 am

Just because Capcom want to make a game more appealing to everyone doesn't mean the game is bad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:10 am

Padders wrote:
Just because Capcom want to make a game more appealing to everyone doesn't mean the game is bad.
I never said that. I said that its not true anymore to the resident evil games. Its survival feeling in the first 3 games is what made the game fun and appealing in the first place for most. Resident evil 4 even still had that formula. I don't need another generic mindless zombie shooting game.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:54 am

Padders wrote:
The series is never going to survive if it stayed the same. Anyways it is to early to tell where this game is going.

100% agree with this, at best, I'd maybe rent the old Resident Evil games, the controls, dialogue and dreadful camera were such a pain it wasn't worth any of the cheap scares i.e dogs bursting through a window in a very tight corridor etc.

Although I didn't like the fact that the Majini (RE5) could wield guns, wasn't the whole point of the T-virus to create super soldiers?

Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 am

As an avid fan of the series and achiever of the S rank on pretty much every game in the series I have to say i'm disappointed...

Obviously with success of Resi 5 I knew the action element wasn't going away anytime soon but why couldn't they try and blend both the action and the horror on which the series was founded?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl did that perfectly, for example you could be engaged in a intense firefight with the Russian military and once you've cleared out their base and desended down into the dark lower levels the enemies turned pretty fucked up and the atmosphere immedietly shifted.

I personally thought the idea of blending both genres like they did in this game was brilliant, you get the best of both worlds without one style of play ever feeling stagnant.

R.I.P. Resident Evil.

Looks like Resident Action is here to stay...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers XidKdMN
New York

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:

No what they meant is that they decided to pull the finger to every true resident evil fan.
Who says it won't have survival horror elements?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 am

Stoney wrote:
Padders wrote:

100% agree with this, at best, I'd maybe rent the old Resident Evil games, the controls, dialogue and dreadful camera were such a pain it wasn't worth any of the cheap scares i.e dogs bursting through a window in a very tight corridor etc.

Although I didn't like the fact that the Majini (RE5) could wield guns, wasn't the whole point of the T-virus to create super soldiers?

I thought the fixed camera was actually perfect for the first Resident Evil games since it shows you what is needed to be shown and made going around corners much more scary.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm

TRF wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:

Who says it won't have survival horror elements?
Considering that they say it will mainly focus on action should imply that its less survival horror than resident evil 4. And resident evil 4 had the bare minimum of survival horror standards.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Considering that they say it will mainly focus on action should imply that its less survival horror than resident evil 4. And resident evil 4 had the bare minimum of survival horror standards.
Dead Space 2 was a great survival horror game and it had a lot of cool action set pieces.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm

TRF wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Dead Space 2 was a great survival horror game and it had a lot of cool action set pieces.
Dead space 2 put survival horror over mindless action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers   Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident evil to remain action focused. Capcom wants to attract call of duty gamers
Page 1 of 1