Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls

Go down 
+6
Hydell
yonny616
Chobo
Bluenose
Franko
Mecha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls Empty
PostSubject: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls Good-l10

Quote :
Metacritic has begun removing suspiciously negative Mass Effect 3 user review

“We have already removed user reviews which have broken our terms of use. We will continue to monitor user reviews and take the steps needed to ensure our users both comply with those terms and do not have to read other reviews which break them,” editor in chief Marc Doyle told Kotaku.

Doyle asked users to check the site’s terms of use and to report any trolling or other forms of abuse to admins.

Within minutes of the action RPG’s US release, large numbers of negative Metacritic user reviews began rolling in – many rating the game at the lowest possible score and leaving derisive, inflammatory comments.

Many of the accounts had been registered specifically to leave Mass Effect 3 reviews, leading many to suspect the work of trolls.

A number of other user reviews from established members give positive or balanced results, and the critical reception has been notably positive.

Mass Effect 3 is out now in the US, and arrives in Australia on march 8 and Europe on March 9, for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Im guessing EA are pulling some strings with Metacritic to make them do this.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Probably butthurt Ex- Bioware fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 pm

And they didn't do this for MW3 why?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Chobo wrote:
Cause MW3 actually sucked. :cerealguy:
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 pm

If they arent allowing negative reviews then they should just scrap the user scores all together, you cant have your cake and eat it too.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:17 pm

The user reviews are the reasons why I don't like Metacritic. Any troll could end up messing with the score the game receives. This is why I use Game Rankings for games, and Rotten Tomatoes for movies.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Chobo wrote:
MW3 was good. Better than Black Ops.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Yea user scores are ridiculous.

People gave it 0s for small issues...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
People gave it 0s for small issues...
And they're usually unrelated to the game. Yeah, there's day-one DLC, and that sucks big time, but they give the game a zero for that and not for the actual game.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:55 pm

SturgisXD wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Chobo wrote:
MW3 was good. Better than Black Ops.
They're all the same to me. :poker:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:27 am

I love how they didn't do this for MW3 like they didn't found it suspicious at all it got such a low score. Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls 725796345
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:06 am

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
If they arent allowing negative reviews then they should just scrap the user scores all together, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

The problem was that trolls were making multiple accounts and rating ME3 a 0, which deflated the user score heaps.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:22 am

Thats my point though Ghost, thats the risk you run when you have a user score section. Either get rid of it or dont complain when people abuse it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls   Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metacritic cracking down on alleged Mass Effect 3 trolls
Page 1 of 1