Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?

Go down 
+4
Franko
Archduke
igame
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? Empty
PostSubject: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 pm

AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? PS4_concept5

Quote :
Despite Sony's insistent claims that they need to focus on the PS3 and Vita right now, there's more evidence that a new home console is in the works.

The latest comes from former AMD employees as reported by Forbes. It seems AMD might be involved in the creation of Sony's new machine, which is interesting because the PS3 utilizes Nvidia graphical technology. Microsoft's Xbox 360 uses AMD.

AMD refused to officially comment on the rumor, as did Sony Chief Transformation Officer George Bailey; very likely, we can guess at the email Forbes received: "We do not comment on rumor and speculation." Par for the course from Sony. Still, the source did note AMD Chief Financial Officer Thomas Seifert's claim that gaming would be "one of several trends" that will drive revenue growth for his company in 2012.

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 pm

That would be great, hopefully they can implement something like Eyefinity into the
system so the ps4 can play on multiple screens, as well as actually play all
games in 1080p.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Make it 1080p and steady 60 FPS PLZ!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Atleast the GPU won't fail and turn into a fried piece of plastic... AMD ftw
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Duke wrote:
Make it 1080p and steady 60 FPS PLZ!!!

Probably not. Sony wont make a huge leap this time. Probably just as powerful as the new Xbox. I dont think they will add a $120+ GPU in the new PS3, then you will have a 699 US DOLLAH!!!
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 pm

If this is true AMD is going to be rolling in the cash & plus there is the rumor that 360 will also be using a AMD based GPU
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:05 pm

So AMD now has made a monopoly off of console GPUs.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Well I do like my games toasted. However the Xbox has been doing that for a while now. :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?   AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AMD-Powered Graphics In PS4?
Page 1 of 1