Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics

Go down 
+6
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
yonny616
Blixtstorm
Archduke
Orc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Empty
PostSubject: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:22 am

Alright so we know when it comes to handheld graphics, Vita is pretty much king. But Iphones and Ipod touches have incredible graphics chips capable of beautiful visuals.
As I own an ipod touch 3G and Iphone 4 I am looking at the best looking games on them and comparing them to that of my 3DS.

The best on the I devices are

Infinity Blade
Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Infinity-blade-knight

I shall compare this game to Kid Icarus.
Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Kid-icarus-uprising-gameplay-3

Straight off the bat you can tell that Infinity Blade looks better. To be fair there aren't any screens of Kid Icarus that do it justice and in fact, Kid Icarus performs better than Infinity Blade. Infinity Blade runs fine on Iphone 4 but on 3G you'll encounter slowdown from time to time. Kid Icarus runs smoothly without any noticable lag at all.
Kid Icarus' gameplay is also a lot less linear than IB which plays like a minigame. Kid Icarus has inferior character models, certainly, but at points in the game you'll be fighting enemies 20 times your size and have loads of enemies flooding the screen at once in large well detailed areas.
So Infinity Blade looks better immediately, but in the long term Kid Icarus truly juices the system a lot more and performs more like a console game. Also the special effects are beautiful.

When it comes to shooters, the best looking one on i-devices (that isn't stripped down to bare bones like RAGE) is no doubt shadowgun. The game looks beautiful with its HD graphics. I shall compare it to one of the best looking handheld games ever... Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS.
Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  440141669-shadowgun7
The character models look more "realistic" than those on RE:R which have a more distinctive style
Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Residentevilrev
That being said, the texture and effects quality of Revelations blows Shadowgun out the water in this area.
In terms of the environments it is harder to compare
Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Shadowgun_review_screenshot_3
Resident Evil Revelations looks stunning but I think overall the quality of some parts of the environment in Shadowgun looks better. But Revelations also has much more interesting/varied environments with more clutter and such.
Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Resident-evil-revelations-797981
It's hard to decide a winner in terms of environment but overall Revelations wins.
Aw dont worry Shadowgun, you beat Resident Evil 4 iphone at least! Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Residentevil4_iphone1
(but then again even resident evil mercenaries wins against that Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  RE-Mercs3D_3 )
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Infinity Blade looks amazing on the iPhone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm

^
Epic Citadel impressed me more because it didn't feel so stripped down (ironic considering it is just a graphics showcase).
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:12 am

Why are you comparing a phone to a gaming device? The iphone doesnt have the best gpu of the phones, and the 3DS isnt the most powerful handheld gaming device either...

Currently on the market the Vita is more powerful. And the most powerful phones are HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy SIII.

3DS: 400x240

Iphone: 640×960

You cant really compare them in anywhy when it comes to graphics. Its like comparing Xbox/PS2 to Full HD.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:05 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Why are you comparing a phone to a gaming device? The iphone doesnt have the best gpu of the phones, and the 3DS isnt the most powerful handheld gaming device either...

Currently on the market the Vita is more powerful. And the most powerful phones are HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy SIII.

3DS: 400x240

Iphone: 640×960

You cant really compare them in anywhy when it comes to graphics. Its like comparing Xbox/PS2 to Full HD.

Quote :
Alright so we know when it comes to handheld graphics, Vita is pretty much king.
I know vita's more powerful ^ I wanted to see which has the best graphics of the two handhelds I mentioned as they are both pretty close.

I've never seen any HTC One X /Samsung Galaxy SIII games in action so it would be entirely pointless for me to do this.

As for the Galaxy
Quote :
Processor
The iPhone 4S is Apple's first dual core smartphone running on a 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 based processor with Apple's own A5 chipset and a PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics processing unit (GPU).

Running iOS, this setup glides along without a care in the world. That's partly due to the fact it's a powerhouse and partly the excellent optimisation of iOS, but either way, you're not going to see any chugginess here.

Just as the iPhone 4S is Apple's first dual core, the Galaxy S3 is Samsung's first quad core device. It's ARM Cortex-A9 based and runs Samsung's latest Exynos 4212 chip clocked at 1.4GHz with a Mali-400MP GPU.

Like its opponent, this processor build runs very fast and we didn't encounter any stuttering when we used it at Samsung's unveiling.

Samsung may have crammed a more impressive sounding processor into its handset but the performance output is, relatively speaking, comparable. They both offer excellent performance on their respective operating systems.

Winner - Draw

Wow it has about the same graphics standard. Like I give a fuck. I have an iphone 4s so I might as well make a comparison. I don't have a galaxy or whatever else you want me to use.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Lykos, Why so many comparison threads? Just go play your 3DS if you love it so much.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:17 pm

^ True words. ^
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:30 am

yonny616 wrote:
Lykos, Why so many comparison threads? Just go play your 3DS if you love it so much.

Because if you make a thread it means you aren't playing your system? :what:

Fail logic much?

EDIT: Just checked my 3DS software "hours played". I've played approximately 300 hours in total on my 3DS. Considering I got it just 5 months ago and have been extremely busy with university assignments (and getting drunk almost every day) and of course making "so many comparison threads", that's pretty fucking good.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:47 am

Since when are comparrisons a crime? :?: :?: :?:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:14 am

Sheogorath wrote:

When they cant be compared? Like the iphone and 3ds...
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:48 am

Sheogorath wrote:

When you compare the same thing to something else, like, every fucking time.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:22 pm

:areyoufuckingk Lykos, I never said you didn't play your 3DS. You just make too many comparison threads, you've basically run out of things to compare it with the PSVita and now you're comparing it to the Iphone. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:21 am

If you don't like my threads, don't go on them.
:derp:
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:17 pm

If you think the iphone is a handheld games console then you should be executed. Clues in the name people, iPHONE.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
If you think the iphone is a handheld games console then you should be executed. Clues in the name people, iPHONE.

Dual core processor. Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:45 pm

100% of people who own iphones do everything but phone people. Plus all of them are complete tools.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
100% of people who own iphones do everything but phone people. Plus all of them are complete tools.

I moaned about the iphone for ages, then I got one for nowt and have found more reasons to moan about them... Fucking apple.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  1443829230 I never said I didn't like them. It comes off like if you're trying to justify your purchase of your 3DS, you compared it to the PSVita in about everything and now you're comparing to the iPhone.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  16731410
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:08 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  1443829230 I never said I didn't like them. It comes off like if you're trying to justify your purchase of your 3DS, you compared it to the PSVita in about everything and now you're comparing to the iPhone.

Even though I show games on a phone that looks twice as good :derp:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics    Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iphone graphics vs 3DS graphics
Page 1 of 1